There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Thu, Oct. 23, 5:15 PM
- BioMarin Pharmaceuticals (BMRN +0.9%) Q3 results ($M): Revenues: 176.8 (29.1%); Cost of Sales: 29.9 (+6.4%); Operating Expenses: 200.3 (+33.6%); Operating Income: 11.2 (+122.1%); Net Income: 7.4 (+114.0%); EPS: 0.05 (+113.2%); Quick Assets: 666.4 (-15.1%).
- Product Sales: Vimizim: 25.2; Naglazyme: 67.5 (+6.8%); Kuvan: 53.4 (+22.5%); Aldruazyme: 22.6 (-3.4%); Firdapse: 4.7 (+14.6%).
- 2014 Guidance: Total Revenues: $700M - 710M from $680M - 700M; Naglazyme sales: $305M - 320M (unch); Kuvan sales: $190M - 200M from 180M - 200M; Vimizim sales: $65M - 70M from $60M - 70M; GAAP net loss: ($160M - 175M) from ($180M - 195M); non-GAAP net loss: ($50M - 65M) from ($60M - 80M).
Thu, Oct. 23, 4:10 PM| Comment!
Wed, Oct. 22, 5:35 PM
- ADES, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, BAS, BJRI, BLDR, BMRN, CB, CBI, CERN, CLMS, CLNE, CNMD, CPWR, CTCT, CYN, DECK, DLB, DV, ECHO, ELY, EW, FET, FII, FLS, FSL, GHL, GIMO, HBHC, HUBG, HWAY, IM, INFA, JNPR, KLAC, LOGM, LSCC, MSFT, MTSN, MXIM, MXWL, N, NCR, NTGR, OLN, P, PACB, PCCC, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PFPT, POL, QLIK, RMD, RUBI, RVBD, SHOR, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWFT, SWN, SYNA, VMI, VRSN, WOOF, WRB, WRE, WRI
Wed, Oct. 8, 8:12 AM
Wed, Jul. 30, 6:16 PM
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN +0.1%) Q2 results: Total Revenues: $191.8M (+40.2%); Operating Expenses: $210.7M (+34.3%); Operating Loss: ($18.9M) (+6.0%); Net Loss: ($33.5M) (-55.8%); Loss Per Share: ($0.23) (-43.8%); Quick Assets: $836.6M (+6.6%).
- 2014 Guidance: Total revenues: $745M - 765M from $650M - 680M, Nagalzyme revenue: $305M - 320M from $290M - 310M, Kuvan revenue: $180M - 200M (unch), Vimizim revenue: $60M - 70M (unch); cost of sales: 16.5 - 17.5% from 17.5 - 18.5%; GAAP net loss: ($180M - 195M) from ($255M - 285M); non-GAAP loss: ($60M - 80M) from ($100M - 130M).
Wed, Jul. 30, 4:32 PM| Comment!
Tue, Jul. 29, 5:35 PM
- ABX, AEL, AEM, AKAM, ALB, ALL, ALLE, AMC, ANIK, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATW, AUY, AVG, BALT, BGC, BMRN, CATM, CAVM, CBT, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLUB, CMO, CNL, CNW, CODE, COHR, CTRP, CW, CWT, DDR, DRE, DRIV, EGN, EHTH, ELGX, ENTR, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FEIC, FISH, FMC, FNF, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HIG, HK, HOLX, HOS, HR, HTH, INT, IPI, ISIL, KBR, KEX, KGC, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MOH, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NANO, NE, NEWP, NOW, OI, OTEX, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PVA, QUIK, RKUS, ROVI, RRTS, SAM, SBRA, SCI, SFLY, SIMG, SPN, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STAG, STMP, STR, SU, SZYM, TCO, TGB, TGI, TS, TSO, TTEK, TTMI, TWTC, UNM, VGR, VPRT, WDC, WFM, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW, YELP
Mon, Jul. 7, 9:18 AM| Comment!
Thu, May. 1, 5:18 PM
- Total revenues: $151.5M (+18.5%): Vimizim: $0.9M, Naglazyme: $80.1M (+15.4%), Kuvan: $45.2M (+20.2%), Aldurazyme Product: $18.1M (+8.4%), Aldureazyme royalties: $21.9M (+13.5%), Firdapse: $4.7M (+30.6%).
- Quick assets (ex-A/R) at quarter end: $1.14B (+156%).
- 2014 guidance unchanged:
- Total revenues: $650M - $680M: Naglazyme: $290M - $310M, Kuvan: $180M - $200M, Vimizim: $60M - $70M.
- COGS: 17.5% - 18.5%.
- Net loss: $255M - $285M.
- (BMRN +3.6%)
Thu, May. 1, 4:28 PM
Wed, Apr. 30, 5:35 PM
- ABFS, ABTL, ACGL, ADNC, ADUS, AEM, AFFX, AHS, AIV, AKAM, ALDW, ALJ, AVD, BAGL, BBG, BCOR, BJRI, BKH, BMRN, BYI, CALD, CERS, CHGG, CPSI, CSOD, CTCT, CTRL, CUBE, CVD, DCT, DGI, DRC, DVA, DXCM, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, ENTR, EPAY, EXEL, EXPE, FI, FLR, FLT, GERN, HCI, HME, HT, HTCH, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INVN, IPXL, ITMN, KEYW, KOG, KRFT, LAYN, LNKD, LNT, LRE, MCRS, MHK, MITK, MODN, MOH, MRC, MTW, MTZ, MXWL, NGVC, NTRI, NU, OIS, OMCL, ONNN, ONTY, OPEN, OUTR, PCCC, PKT, PMCS, PSA, QLGC, RBCN, SBAC, SEM, SGEN, SKUL, SNAK, SPF, SQNM, SREV, SSNC, SWIR, SWN, TEG, TPX, TS, TSYS, VRTX, WU, WWWW, WYNN, XL, XPO.
Mon, Apr. 28, 11:48 AM
- The European Commission approves BioMarin Pharmaceuticals' (BMRN +0.2%) Vimizim (elosulfase alfa) for Mucopolysaccharidosis type IVA (Morquio A syndrome) in patients of all ages.
- The enzyme replacement therapy has orphan drug status in the EU and has 10 years' market exclusivity.
- Morquio A syndrome results from the under-activity of an enzyme involved in glycosaminoglycan metabolism.
- 85% of Morquio A patients live outside of the U.S. It affects ~3,000 people in the developed world.
- The U.S. FDA approved the drug on February 14, 2014.
Wed, Feb. 26, 4:40 PM
Thu, Feb. 20, 12:14 PM
- A week after the FDA approved the use of BioMarin's (BMRN +5.4%) Vimizim for treating Morquio A syndrome, the European Medicines Agency has issued a positive opinion on BioMarin's EU marketing authorization application for selling the drug to treat Morquio A.
- The recommendation will be referred to the EC, which is expected to render a final verdict on the matter in Q2.
Fri, Feb. 14, 3:42 PM
Wed, Jan. 22, 6:45 PM
- Better late than never, Cowen analysts seem to say as they recommend their top biotech names even after four straight years of sector outperformance against the S&P 500.
- Amgen (AMGN) is one of the big-cap biotechs Cowen thinks will handily beat this year’s earnings estimates.
- Biogen (BIIB) remains the top name in class, and the firm thinks the stock is not overvalued at 20x 2015 earnings; Cowen also believes BIIB can beat this year’s earnings expectations.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) is a top name to buy due to its impressive clinical pipeline and list of big pharma partners; despite having eight late-stage candidates, NKTR’s market cap is just $1.3B.
- Also named: ACOR, BMRN, CELG, CMRX, DVAX, IMGN, PTLA, VVUS.
BMRN vs. ETF Alternatives
Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions. Its product portfolio is comprised of five product candidates Naglazyme, Kuvan, Aldurazyme, VIMIZIM and Firdapse.
Other News & PR