There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Wed, Oct. 8, 8:12 AM
Wed, Jul. 30, 6:16 PM
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN +0.1%) Q2 results: Total Revenues: $191.8M (+40.2%); Operating Expenses: $210.7M (+34.3%); Operating Loss: ($18.9M) (+6.0%); Net Loss: ($33.5M) (-55.8%); Loss Per Share: ($0.23) (-43.8%); Quick Assets: $836.6M (+6.6%).
- 2014 Guidance: Total revenues: $745M - 765M from $650M - 680M, Nagalzyme revenue: $305M - 320M from $290M - 310M, Kuvan revenue: $180M - 200M (unch), Vimizim revenue: $60M - 70M (unch); cost of sales: 16.5 - 17.5% from 17.5 - 18.5%; GAAP net loss: ($180M - 195M) from ($255M - 285M); non-GAAP loss: ($60M - 80M) from ($100M - 130M).
Wed, Jul. 30, 4:32 PM| Comment!
Tue, Jul. 29, 5:35 PM
- ABX, AEL, AEM, AKAM, ALB, ALL, ALLE, AMC, ANIK, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATW, AUY, AVG, BALT, BGC, BMRN, CATM, CAVM, CBT, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLUB, CMO, CNL, CNW, CODE, COHR, CTRP, CW, CWT, DDR, DRE, DRIV, EGN, EHTH, ELGX, ENTR, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FEIC, FISH, FMC, FNF, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HIG, HK, HOLX, HOS, HR, HTH, INT, IPI, ISIL, KBR, KEX, KGC, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MOH, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NANO, NE, NEWP, NOW, OI, OTEX, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PVA, QUIK, RKUS, ROVI, RRTS, SAM, SBRA, SCI, SFLY, SIMG, SPN, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STAG, STMP, STR, SU, SZYM, TCO, TGB, TGI, TS, TSO, TTEK, TTMI, TWTC, UNM, VGR, VPRT, WDC, WFM, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW, YELP
Mon, Jul. 7, 9:18 AM| Comment!
Thu, May. 1, 5:18 PM
- Total revenues: $151.5M (+18.5%): Vimizim: $0.9M, Naglazyme: $80.1M (+15.4%), Kuvan: $45.2M (+20.2%), Aldurazyme Product: $18.1M (+8.4%), Aldureazyme royalties: $21.9M (+13.5%), Firdapse: $4.7M (+30.6%).
- Quick assets (ex-A/R) at quarter end: $1.14B (+156%).
- 2014 guidance unchanged:
- Total revenues: $650M - $680M: Naglazyme: $290M - $310M, Kuvan: $180M - $200M, Vimizim: $60M - $70M.
- COGS: 17.5% - 18.5%.
- Net loss: $255M - $285M.
- (BMRN +3.6%)
Thu, May. 1, 4:28 PM
Wed, Apr. 30, 5:35 PM
- ABFS, ABTL, ACGL, ADNC, ADUS, AEM, AFFX, AHS, AIV, AKAM, ALDW, ALJ, AVD, BAGL, BBG, BCOR, BJRI, BKH, BMRN, BYI, CALD, CERS, CHGG, CPSI, CSOD, CTCT, CTRL, CUBE, CVD, DCT, DGI, DRC, DVA, DXCM, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, ENTR, EPAY, EXEL, EXPE, FI, FLR, FLT, GERN, HCI, HME, HT, HTCH, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INVN, IPXL, ITMN, KEYW, KOG, KRFT, LAYN, LNKD, LNT, LRE, MCRS, MHK, MITK, MODN, MOH, MRC, MTW, MTZ, MXWL, NGVC, NTRI, NU, OIS, OMCL, ONNN, ONTY, OPEN, OUTR, PCCC, PKT, PMCS, PSA, QLGC, RBCN, SBAC, SEM, SGEN, SKUL, SNAK, SPF, SQNM, SREV, SSNC, SWIR, SWN, TEG, TPX, TS, TSYS, VRTX, WU, WWWW, WYNN, XL, XPO.
Mon, Apr. 28, 11:48 AM
- The European Commission approves BioMarin Pharmaceuticals' (BMRN +0.2%) Vimizim (elosulfase alfa) for Mucopolysaccharidosis type IVA (Morquio A syndrome) in patients of all ages.
- The enzyme replacement therapy has orphan drug status in the EU and has 10 years' market exclusivity.
- Morquio A syndrome results from the under-activity of an enzyme involved in glycosaminoglycan metabolism.
- 85% of Morquio A patients live outside of the U.S. It affects ~3,000 people in the developed world.
- The U.S. FDA approved the drug on February 14, 2014.
Wed, Feb. 26, 4:40 PM
Thu, Feb. 20, 12:14 PM
- A week after the FDA approved the use of BioMarin's (BMRN +5.4%) Vimizim for treating Morquio A syndrome, the European Medicines Agency has issued a positive opinion on BioMarin's EU marketing authorization application for selling the drug to treat Morquio A.
- The recommendation will be referred to the EC, which is expected to render a final verdict on the matter in Q2.
Fri, Feb. 14, 3:42 PM
Wed, Jan. 22, 6:45 PM
- Better late than never, Cowen analysts seem to say as they recommend their top biotech names even after four straight years of sector outperformance against the S&P 500.
- Amgen (AMGN) is one of the big-cap biotechs Cowen thinks will handily beat this year’s earnings estimates.
- Biogen (BIIB) remains the top name in class, and the firm thinks the stock is not overvalued at 20x 2015 earnings; Cowen also believes BIIB can beat this year’s earnings expectations.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) is a top name to buy due to its impressive clinical pipeline and list of big pharma partners; despite having eight late-stage candidates, NKTR’s market cap is just $1.3B.
- Also named: ACOR, BMRN, CELG, CMRX, DVAX, IMGN, PTLA, VVUS.
Fri, Jan. 10, 10:43 AM
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD +4.9%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO. Price target is $16.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY +0.7%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target hiked to $65 from $52.
- Sequenom (SQNM -3.4%) cut to Neutral from Overweight at Piper. Price target is $2.50.
- BioMarin (BMRN -2.2%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $73.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ -0.5%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $99.
- Pfizer (PFE -0.6%) cut to Market Perform at Cowen. Price target is $34.
- Eli Lilly (LLY -0.4%) downgraded to Underweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target cut to $51 from $58.
- H.C. Wainwright starts Celsion (CLSN +7.7%) at Buy. Price target is $8.
- Orexigen (OREX +1.1%) initiated at Buy with a $9 target at Wallachbeth.
Wed, Jan. 8, 10:46 AM
- Nomura's Ian Somaiya (formerly at Piper) is out with a number of healthcare initiations.
- Gilead (GILD +1.7%) is the firm's top biotech pick for 2014 as the company is "set to dominate the HCV market." GILD started at Buy. Price target is $118.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX -3.2%) started at Buy. Somaiya sees peak sales of $700M for NBI-98854. Price target is $23.
- Celgene (CELG +1.2%) started at Buy. "Revlimid for multiple myeloma, is less than a third of the way to realizing its peak sales potential," Somaiya says. Price target is $236.
- Biogen (BIIB +4.1%) initiated at Buy. Tecfidera, is "a blockbuster ... treatment for MS, with estimated peak sales of $9B," Somaiya notes. Price target is $368.
- Alexion (ALXN +1.5%) initiated at Buy. Price target $150.
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC +1.9%) will "transform the treatment paradigm and disease course of CLL and mantle cell lymphoma MCL." Shares started at Buy. Price target is $137.
- Other initiations: Incyte (INCY +5.9%) started at Buy. Synageva BioPharma (GEVA +3.7%) started at Buy. BioMarin (BMRN +1.2%), Amgen (AMGN), and Infinity Pharmaceuticals (INFI +2.8%) started at Neutral.
Wed, Jan. 8, 8:34 AM
- Catalyst Pharmaceutical (CPRX) rallies 15% premarket.
- The company says a jointly funded study with BioMarin (BMRN) to examine the cardiac safety of Firdapse hit its primary endpoint.
- "At and above therapeutic levels, there was no effect of Firdapse on heart rate or cardiac depolarization," CPRX says.
- The company hopes the results "will continue to work toward making Firdapse available to patients in the U.S." (PR)
BMRN vs. ETF Alternatives
Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions. Its product portfolio is comprised of five product candidates Naglazyme, Kuvan, Aldurazyme, VIMIZIM and Firdapse.
Other News & PR