Sep. 17, 2014, 7:50 AM
- A sluggish quarter from General Mills (NYSE:GIS) shows retail why the acquisition of Annie's (NYSE:BNNY) is needed, note retail analysts.
- Volume and margins were in retreat for the company during the period.
- Despite the rough start for the fiscal year, General Mills held its annual guidance in check.
- Previous: GIS earnings, details
- GIS -3.4% premarket
Sep. 9, 2014, 12:46 PM
Sep. 9, 2014, 9:24 AM
Sep. 8, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 8, 2014, 5:11 PM
- General Mills (NYSE:GIS) boosts its organic and natural foods offerings with an agreement to purchase Annie's (NYSE:BNNY) for $46 per share in cash. The deal will be funded through available credit and the purchase is expected to be accretive to earnings in year one.
- General Mills CEO Jeff Harmening: "We believe that combining the Annie's product portfolio and go-to-market capabilities with General Mills' supply chain, sales and marketing resources will accelerate the growth of our organic and natural foods business."
- BNNY +37.4%, GIS +0.2% AH
Sep. 4, 2014, 10:30 AM
Jun. 4, 2014, 9:27 AM
- Shares of Annie's (BNNY) slip in early trading after the company's accounting firm resigns unexpectedly.
- PwC cited an "insufficient" complement of finance and accounting resources at Annie's, while the company maintains significant progress has already been made to fix the underlying causes of the weakness in controls.
- BNNY -3.4% premarket
May 30, 2014, 9:14 AM
May 30, 2014, 7:51 AM
- Annie's (BNNY) trades lower after posting disappointing FQ4 results and issuing weak guidance.
- High commodity prices and new expenses tied to production capacity increases cut into profits.
- During the company's earnings call, execs revealed they expect the company to lose $6M-$8M due to Whole Foods Market trimming inventories.
- Earnings call transcript
- BNNY -16.5% premarket to $29.15.
May 29, 2014, 5:37 PM
May 29, 2014, 4:37 PM
- Annie's (BNNY): FQ4 EPS of $0.29 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $60.05M (+15.3% Y/Y) misses by $1.12M.
- Shares -12.5% AH.
Feb. 11, 2014, 9:10 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 6:50 AM
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:41 PM
Dec. 12, 2013, 9:40 AM
- Shares of Annie's (BNNY -4%) start the day off weak on above-average volume.
- There is some market chatter that a block of 700K shares is being shopped through Morgan Stanley.
- There is no SEC filing out from the company on any kind of secondary offering.
Nov. 25, 2013, 10:58 AM
- A harsh read on Campbell Soup's prospects from Goldman Sachs might be unsettling a few other food stocks on concerns they could be suffering from the same brand demand malaise.
- Decliners: Hain Celestial (HAIN) -2.3%, Annies (BNNY) -1.5%, Diamond Foods (DMND) -0.7%, John B. Sanfiliipo (JBSS) -1.3%, The Fresh Market (TFM) -1.2%.
Annie's Inc is a natural and organic food company. The Company has natural and organic market position in four product lines: macaroni and cheese, snack crackers, fruit snacks and graham crackers.
Industry: Food - Major Diversified
Country: United States
Other News & PR