Thu, Feb. 5, 5:11 AM
- BNP Paribas (OTCQX:BNPQY) has announced that new rules and higher taxes will dent its 2016 net income by about €500M, despite heavy profit in its latest quarter.
- Fourth-quarter net income rose to €1.3B from €110M a year before, when BNP set aside $1.1B for legal costs.
- The bank closed a difficult chapter last June by pleading guilty to criminal charges and paying a $8.9B fine for breaching U.S. sanctions against Sudan, Iran and Cuba.
- BNP shares down 3.8% in France.
Oct. 31, 2014, 6:41 AM
- BNP Paribas (OTCQX:BNPQY) reported an 11% jump in third-quarter net profit, as gains in its investment-banking business helped it recover from the previous quarter when it was hit with a record $8.9B fine for sanctions violations.
- The bank posted net profit for the period from July through September of €1.5B ($1.9B), compared with €1.36B a year earlier, on revenue of €9.5B.
- Last week, BNP Paribas (OTC:BNPZY) completed the ECB’s stress tests unscathed.
Feb. 15, 2012, 2:45 AMBNP Paribas (BNPQY.PK) Q4 net income -51% to €765M. Revenue -6.1% to €9.7B. Took a €567M impairment on its Greek sovereign debt, increased its provisions so that 75% of its exposure to Greek debt is now covered, and reduced sovereign debt outstanding by 29%. Declares a dividend of €1.2/share, down from €2.1/share in 2010. | Comment!
BNPQY vs. ETF Alternatives
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy... More
Other News & PR