OnDeck's Implosion May Soon Engulf BofI
Aurelius • 32 Comments
Aurelius • 32 Comments
Tue, Sep. 27, 1:02 PM
Tue, Sep. 20, 4:46 PM
- via Bespoke - see table
- Five of the stocks have > 50% of their shares sold short.
- SHLD leads the pack.
Wed, Sep. 7, 3:10 PM
- A federal judge has denied BofI Holdings's (BOFI -1.8%) request for a preliminary injunction to stop former auditor Charles Erhart from disseminating confidential information and require him to return files he allegedly took from the company.
- Erhart last year sued the company, charging he was fired after pointing out unlawful conduct to his superiors and the government. BofI subsequently countersued, claiming Erhart violated the law by publishing confidential information.
- Source: Bloomberg
Thu, Aug. 25, 3:50 PM
Thu, Aug. 25, 1:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 10:04 AM
- FQ4 earnings of $29.7M or $0.46 per share vs. $24.3M and $0.39 one year ago.
- Net interest income of $69.2M up 25.1% Y/Y.
- Noninterest income of $17M up 65.5%. Noninterest expense of $33M up 58%.
- Loan and lease portfolio up 28.9% to $1.43B. Deposits up 35.8% to $1.6B. Loan and lease loss provision of $1.9M down from $2.9M.
- Tangible book value of $10.67 per share up $2.19 Y/Y.
- Previously: BofI Holding EPS and revenue in-line (Aug. 2)
- BOFI +5.75%
Wed, Aug. 3, 9:15 AM
- Gainers: SZMK +45%. KOOL +43%. INVT +26%. GNW +23%. ZAGG +14%. OCLR +12%. FIT +9%. BOFI +8%. ING +8%. TRXC +8%. ETP +7%. FCAU +6%. ETSY +6%. ZTS +6%.
- Losers: RUBI -29%. DRWI -20%. CRAY -20%. VGZ -19%. KATE -18%. CYH -17%. CROX -17%. ELGX -11%. FTAI -9%. QRVO -8%. SHIP -6%. COH -6%. RGC -6%. HBI -6%. KORS -6%. INO -5%.
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:10 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ACCO, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALLT, ARW, AVP, BOFI, CAH, CARB, CEQP, CHH, CIE, CMI, CPPL, CSTM, CVS, DISCA, ECL, EIGI, EMR, ENOC, EPC, ETN, ETR, EXPD, FDP, GEO, GLT, GNRC, H, HCLP, HCN, HEP, HMC, HRS, HW, IDCC, IDXX, IIVI, IPI, IQNT, JLL, MLM, MMP, MNK, MOS, MZOR, NI, NJR, NNN, NRZ, NS, NWN, OZM, PBI, PFE, PG, PNW, RCL, RDC, RHP, SABR, SALE, SCAI, SHOO, SHPG, SODA, STX, SUI, TAP, TDC, VG, VSH, WCG, WNR, WNRL, XYL, ZEUS
Wed, Jul. 13, 1:00 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 12:17 PM
- FQ3 net income of $35.8M or $0.56 per share vs. $21M and $0.34 one year ago.
- Net interest income up 37.3% to $69.6M thanks to the H&R Block purchase. NIM would have been 4.02% when excluding the H&R-related products, which is consistent with previous quarters.
- Noninterest income up 178.7% to $23.3M thanks to the H&R Block deal.
- Tangible book value of $10.23 per share, up $2.21 from a year ago.
- Conference call at 4:30 ET
- Previously: BofI Holding EPS in-line, beats on revenue (April 28)
- BOFI +4.8%
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:43 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Mon, Apr. 18, 11:51 AM
- The so-called "recent" lawsuit is old news, says BofI Holding (BOFI +10.8%), and dates from October when "repeat player" strike suit attorneys filed a securities class action against BofI.
- "The amendment adds some unsubstantiated stories from 'confidential' ex-employees mostly criticizing and complaining about the alleged lack of manners of their managers," says BofI.
- Source: Press Release
- Now read: The Walls Are Closing In On The Branchless Bank (April 14)
Thu, Apr. 14, 12:45 PM
Thu, Apr. 14, 10:42 AM
- The Friendly Bear renews an attack on BofI Holding (BOFI -13.1%), noting a recently filed securities fraud lawsuit showing more former bank employees coming forward with new allegations.
- Bulls have previously taken comfort in thinking just one employee has alleged wrongdoing at BofI, says The Friendly Bear, but this new filing suggests nearly one dozen former workers have provided investigators with new evidence against the bank.
- Now read: Why BOFI Created A Phantom 'Full Service Branch' In The Nevada Desert