Dynamic Materials Potentially The Best Energy Recovery Play
Dynamic Materials Could BOOM... But I'm Not Buying (Yet)
Oct. 28, 2015, 12:49 PM
Oct. 2, 2015, 8:37 AM
- Dynamic Materials (NASDAQ:BOOM) -2.9% premarket after lowering Q3 guidance, now seeing revenues of $38M-$40M vs. an earlier outlook for $45.7M-$47.7M and $46.75M analyst consensus estimate.
- BOOM says the revision follows a significant recent decline in order volume at its DynaEnergetics oilfield products business, as well as timing of the award and shipment of certain orders at the company's NobelClad business.
- Q3 gross margin is projected at 25%-27% from 29% in last year's Q3.
Jul. 29, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 17, 2015, 8:11 AM
- Dynamic Materials (NASDAQ:BOOM) -12% premarket after reporting a big Q4 earnings miss and cutting guidance for FY 2015 revenues.
- BOOM now sees full-year revenues of $178.3M-$186.4M vs. $213.9M analyst consensus estimate and 8%-12% lower than FY 2014 results, citing the expected downturn in E&P capital spending coupled with soft demand from the industrial processing markets and negative foreign currency translations.
- Stifel cuts its price target to $16 from $24 but still likes the stock for patient investors because of the dominant market share in North America clad welding services to chemical client; the firm sees 2015 as a transition year for BOOM with significant opportunities in 2016-18 (Briefing.com).
Mar. 16, 2015, 5:41 PM
May 30, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Dynamic Materials (BOOM +5.1%) initiated with a Buy rating and $29 price target at Stifel, which believes the gap between strong upstream and weak downstream spending is closing.
- Downstream capex benefits from inexpensive feedstocks relative to finished products, and Stifel sees a similar situation developing as refining, chemical, petrochemical and liquefied natural gas producers take advantage of inexpensive U.S. feedstocks.
Feb. 26, 2014, 12:46 PM
Dynamic Materials Corp. provides explosion-welded clad metal plates. The company operates its business through two segments: NobelClad and DynaEnergetics. The NobelClad segment engages in the production of explosion-welded clad metal plates for use in the construction of corrosion resistant... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Metal Fabrication
Country: United States
Other News & PR