Borderfree: Worst Is Here, Worth Looking Beyond
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
May 6, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 6, 2015, 9:11 AM
May 5, 2015, 5:37 PM
May 5, 2015, 4:45 PM
- Borderfree (NASDAQ:BRDR): Q1 EPS of -$0.09 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $24.78M (-6.5% Y/Y) beats by $1.66M.
- Shares +93.96%.
Apr. 6, 2015, 3:15 PM
- Today's notable tech gainers include German 3D printer maker Voxeljet (VJET +5.6%), Chinese online real estate firm SouFun (SFUN +5.3%), software outsourcing firm EPAM Systems (EPAM +8.4%), voice processor developer Audience (ADNC +6.3%), smart TV/home automation chipmaker Sigma Designs (SIGM +4.9%), #2 Chinese online travel firm Qunar (QUNR +6.7%), and international e-commerce services firm Borderfree (BRDR +7.2%). The Nasdaq is up 0.7%.
- Notable decliners include FPGA maker Altera (ALTR -4.5%), optical component vendor NeoPhotonics (NPTN -11%), big data/analytics software provider Hortonworks (HDP -4%), and online family care marketplace Care.com (CRCM -4.4%).
- EPAM has joined other Russia-exposed names in rallying, as oil prices and the ruble both move higher. Sigma is reversing Thursday's post-earnings losses. Qunar has surged to new highs yet again, and is now up 58% since its March 16 Q4 report.
- Altera is returning some of the huge March 27 gains it saw on reports of Intel buyout talks. NeoPhotonics, a recent high-flyer, is down 15% over the last 2 trading days; on Friday, the company filed an 8-K making customary exec. compensation disclosures.
- Previously covered: GoPro, Sony, Geospace, SanDisk, Voltari, VMware, Resonant, 500.com
Jan. 13, 2015, 2:51 PM
- E-commerce service provider ChannelAdvisor (NYSE:ECOM) has been hit with 8 downgrades after warning it expects soft Q4 sales due to a mix shift towards larger online retail clients (have lower take rates).
- Deutsche (downgrade to Hold): "The challenges facing ECOM is not the overall health of online ecommerce or the GMV growth its customers are posting ... ECOM is being pressured by churn at the low end of its retail customer base and weak pricing leverage at the high end of its customer base, a reflection of a tough end market (the retail sector) and/or a weaker-than-expected value proposition for its core product."
- Baird (downgrade to Neutral): "Management indicated particular weakness among eBay clients (small-sellers) ... perhaps reflecting consumer preference for bigger brands/retailers during the time sensitive holiday period." Worth noting: eBay has been losing share to Amazon for some time (as ChannelAdvisor's own data highlights).
- E-commerce infrastructure software provider Demandware (DWRE -5%) and international e-commerce services firm Borderfree (BRDR -4.2%) have followed ChannelAdvisor lower.
Nov. 4, 2014, 12:44 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 11:59 AM
- Borderfree (NASDAQ:BRDR) has guided for Q4 revenue of $36.5M-$40M and EPS of -$0.01 to $0.03, far below a consensus of $50.6M and $0.14.
- The international e-commerce enabler says a strong dollar hurt Q3 results, and that Q4 sales will be hit by "delays in the implementation of certain large customers who have chosen to defer implementation until after the peak holiday period."
- Shares now -54% from March's $16 IPO price.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:38 PM
Apr. 15, 2014, 9:42 AM
- Pandora (P +2.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by Maxim ahead of its April 24 Q1 report.
- Veeco (VECO +2.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Berenberg. Q1 results arrive on May 5.
- Qlik (QLIK +1.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Mizuho ahead of its April 24 Q1 report.
- Equinix (EQIX +1.3%) and Catamaran (CTRX +0.9%) have been upgraded to Outperform by Oppenheimer. Equinix reports on April 30.
- Ingram Micro (IM +2.8%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- IPO underwriters have given Amber Road (AMBR +2.2%) four bullish ratings, and Borderfree (BRDR -0.6%) five bullish ratings to go with a neutral one.
Mar. 21, 2014, 10:43 AM
- After pricing its 5M-share IPO at $16 (the top of a $14-$16 range), Borderfree (BRDR) opened at $21 and is currently at $20.20, up 26.3%.
- The company, which provides e-commerce services to U.S. retailers looking to go global, has a market cap of $616M (5.6x sales). It had 2013 revenue of $110.5M (+36% Y/Y), and a net loss of $654K.
- Prospectus, IPO preview
Borderfree Inc is a cross-border ecommerce, operating a proprietary technology and services platform to enable U.S retailers to transact with consumers in approximately 100 countries and territories.
Industry: Internet Information Providers
Country: United States