Yesterday, 1:07 PM
- Craft Brew Alliance (NASDAQ:BREW) is up 5.5% as shares look to eclipse the $10 mark for the first time since early August.
- Recent M&A in the sector appears to be giving a lift to the company. Constellation Brands bought Ballast Point earlier this month, while the A-B mega-merger with SABMiller appears to be fully on track.
- The last look at Craft Brew Alliance on SA was from contributor Vince Martin in October when he dissected the "intriguing, but high-risk" case for the beer stock.
- BREW is +27% in November after Martin weighed in.
Wed, Nov. 11, 11:07 AM
- There are some gentle gains across the beer sector after Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +1.1%) and SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY +2.2%) formalize their merger plan.
- Heineken (OTCQX:HEINY +1.6%), Molson Coors (TAP +0.7%), Ambev (ABEV +0.9%), Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY +5.9%), Craft Brew Alliance (BREW +1.8%), and Boston Beer (SAM +0.2%) are showing increases of varying degrees.
- Most analysts think the beer giants will make the necessary concessions to appease regulators in the U.S. and China. On SA, Chris DeMuth says the deal will extend the reach of the best operators in the business.
- Molson Coors in particular is widely identified as a winner in the deal through its pickup of a full stake in MillerCoors. Still to play out is what beer company makes a bid for SABMiller's position in CR Snow in China. China Resources Beer Holdings (OTCPK:CRHKY, OTC:CRHKF) is the 51% owner of the alluring JV.
- Previously: Molson Coors sees huge synergies down the road from MillerCoors deal (Nov. 11 2015)
- Previously: AB InBev, SABMiller seal MegaBrew deal (Nov. 11 2015)
Oct. 9, 2014, 3:56 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 12:45 PM
Apr. 19, 2013, 4:53 PMBeer brewers Molson Coors (TAP +6%), Boston Beer Co. (SAM +4.1%), and Craft Brew Alliance (BREW +4.5%) all closed with strong gains. News of Anheuser Busch's deal with the DOJ regarding the Grupo Modelo acquisition, replete with multiple U.S.-related concessions, may have helped. | Apr. 19, 2013, 4:53 PM | 1 Comment
Dec. 13, 2012, 9:07 AM
Mar. 15, 2012, 12:59 PMCraft Brew (HOOK) plans to trade under the symbol BREW starting March 22 in a move that the company says will better convey its corporate mission. Shares of HOOK are down 3.1% on the day after the company misses the consensus estimate of analysts with its full year 2011 report. | Mar. 15, 2012, 12:59 PM | 1 Comment
Craft Brew Alliance Inc is a craft brewing company. It brews craft beers in four company-owned breweries located in Portland, Oregon; the Seattle suburb of Woodinville, Washington; Portsmouth, New Hampshire; & Kailua-Kona, Hawaii; & in Memphis, Tennessee.
Other News & PR