Sep. 29, 2014, 9:43 AM
- Brazil's real falls to a five-year low and Petrobras (PBR -11.1%) plunges more than 10% at the open after a new poll showed Pres. Rousseff widening her lead over opposition candidate Marina Silva.
- The real dropped 2.1% in early trading, and the currency has tumbled 11% so far in Q3 with volatility increasing as the Oct. 5 presidential vote approaches.
- Over the weekend, Rousseff rejected rumors of soliciting funds from PBR for her campaign in 2010.
- ITUB -7.6%, BBD -6.8%, GOL -5.4%, GFA -4.8%, BRFS -3.7%, VALE -2.8%, TSU -2.4%, BSBR -2.1%, SID -1.8%, ERJ -1.6%.
- Brazil ETFs: EWZ, BRF, BRXX, EWZS, BRAQ, BRZU, BRAZ, BZQ, BRAF, UBR, BRZS, DBBR, FBZ
Jul. 10, 2014, 5:36 PM
Dec. 9, 2011, 12:04 PMBRF Brasil Foods (BRFS +2.7%), Brazil's largest food processor, agrees to swap assets with rival Marfrig (MRRTY.PK +5.2%) as part of an agreement with antitrust regulators to sell some assets in order to go ahead with the full merger of the companies. The company was ordered to get rid of or suspend about 12% of production capacity in order to create a rival that could effectively compete with the company. | Comment!
Aug. 11, 2011, 9:25 AMPremarket gainers: AONE +20%. CSCO +12%. EAT +11%. NWS +8%. AKS +5%. CLWR +5%. MPEL +5%. KSS +5%. NVDA +5%. BX +4%. BAC +4%. ALU +4%. ETFC +4%. DRYS +4%. PBR +4%. CAJ +4%. ARMH +4%. SID +4%. ASX +4%. RF +4%. VALE +3%. MGM +4%. LYG +3%. MOS +3%. CREE +3%. ASML +3%. BRFS +3%. GS +3%. SINA +3%. BHP +3%. ITUB +3%. POT +3%. ERIC +3%.
Losers: SODA -10%. SLE -8%. AMSC -7%. ALLY -5%. NVS -4%. LOGI -4%. CRH -3%. | Comment!
Jul. 13, 2011, 2:27 PMADRs in frozen-products leader Brasil Foods (BRFS) have jumped 10% today after a conditional OK of its $3.8B plan to take over rival Sadia. A 4-1 vote requires that BRFS suspend its use of Perdigao, a brand valued at nearly $2B, and the company says that and other divestitures will hit 13% of operating revenue. | Comment!
BRFS vs. ETF Alternatives
BRF SA is engaged in raising, production & sale of poultry, pork, beef cuts, dairy products & processed food products. Its products include turkey & specialty meats, frozen processed meats, margarine, juices, soy products, pasta & others.
Other News & PR