Wed, Apr. 8, 3:19 AM
- Based on a 90-day trading day average, Shell's (RDS.A, RDS.B) offer is worth 1,350 pence per BG (OTCPK:BRGXF) share, or a 52% premium to the latter's price of 890.4 pence.
- The acquisition will add 25% to Shell's proven oil and gas reserves and 20% to production, and improve the company's prospects in new projects, particularly in Australia LNG and Brazil deep water.
- Shell expects the transaction to generate pretax synergies of $2.5B a year.
- In addition, Shell plans to increase asset sales to $30B from 2016-2018 - the company said in January that it would sell $5-6B worth of assets per year.
- Shell intends to pay dividends of $1.88 per ordinary share in 2015 and "at least that amount in 2016." The company also expects to start a share buyback program of at least $25B from 2017 to 2020.
- Shell -1.9% in London while BG Group is +39.2%. (PR)
BRGYY vs. ETF Alternatives
BG Group plc (LSE: BG.L) is a world leader in natural gas, with a broad portfolio of business interests focused on exploration and production and liquefied natural gas. Active in more than 20 countries on five continents, BG Group combines a deep understanding of gas markets with a proven track... More
Other News & PR