Jul. 16, 2015, 8:04 AM
- The FDA grants a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Waiver to privately-held Theranos for its diagnostic test system. The waiver allows the testing to be performed in non-traditional locations such as Theranos Wellness Centers, currently 42 in Arizona, one in Palo Alto, CA and one in Harrisburg, PA.
- The automated system the company has developed utilizes microfluidics to perform a wide array of tests on small volume blood samples, including those from a finger stick. Some observers believe Theranos will upend the clinical diagnostics industry with its modest costs. The company's herpes test, for example, will sell for only $9.07 compared to ~$175 from leading reference labs.
- Theranos founder and CEO Elizabeth Holmes is one the newest celebrity entrepreneurs. Based on the company's current valuation, she is the youngest self-made female billionaire in U.S. history.
- Related tickers: (NYSE:ABT) (OTCQX:RHHBY) (NYSE:TMO) (NYSE:DGX) (NASDAQ:BRLI) (NYSE:LH)
Jun. 9, 2015, 5:37 PM
Jun. 8, 2015, 8:40 AM
- Bio-Reference Lab (BRLI) FQ2 results: Revenues: $224M (+11.2%); COGS: $125M (+10.8%); SG&A: $80.1M (+14.9%); Operating Income: $18.93M (+0.3%); Net Income: $10.5M (+1.9%); EPS: $0.38 (+2.7%); Quick Assets: $25.1M (+43.4%).
- No guidance given.
Jun. 8, 2015, 8:32 AM
- Bio-Reference Lab (NASDAQ:BRLI): FQ2 EPS of $0.38 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $223.98M (+11.2% Y/Y) misses by $4.18M.
Jun. 7, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 4, 2015, 9:14 AM
Jun. 4, 2015, 8:24 AM
- In a all-stock deal, OPKO Health (NYSE:OPK) acquires Bio-Reference Laboratories (NASDAQ:BRLI) for $52.58 per share or ~$1.47B. BRLI shareholders will receive 2.75 shares of OPK for each BRLI share.
- OPKO intends to leverage BRLI's commercial organization to enhance sales of its diagnostic tests, including 4Kscore, a blood test for prostate cancer.
- OPK is down 7% premarket on increased volume. BRLI is up 43% premarket on robust volume.
Mar. 5, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Bio-Reference Lab (NASDAQ:BRLI): FQ1 EPS of $0.24 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $208.83M (+15.2% Y/Y) misses by $7.21M.
Mar. 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
Dec. 18, 2014, 8:53 AM
- BioReference Laboratories (BRLI +0.2%) FQ4 results: Revenues: $227.6M (+18.4%); COGS: $120.7M (+12.9%); G&A: $76.1M (+17.4%); Operating Income: $30.8M (+51.0%); Net Income: $18.3M (+64.9%); EPS: $0.66 (+65.0%); CF Ops: $9.1M.
- FY2014 results: Revenues: $832.3M (+16.3%); COGS: $462.3M (+17.7%); G&A: $286.6M (+19.1%); Operating Income: $83.4M (+1.7%); Net Income: $46.8M (+2.2%); EPS: $1.68 (+1.8%); Quick Assets: $17.5M (-2.8%); CF Ops: $16.6M.
- No guidance given.
Dec. 18, 2014, 8:33 AM
- Bio-Reference Lab (NASDAQ:BRLI): FQ4 EPS of $0.66 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $227.59M (+18.4% Y/Y) misses by $1.22M.
Dec. 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 28, 2014, 12:46 PM
Aug. 27, 2014, 9:03 AM
- BioReference Laboratories (NASDAQ:BRLI) fiscal Q3 results: Revenues: $222.1M (+19.8%); Gross Profit: $102.4M (+19.5%); Operating Expenses: $74.6M (+23.1%); Operating Income: $27.9M (+11.2%); Net Income: $15.3M (+4.1%); EPS: $0.55 (+3.8%); Quick Assets: $20.0M (+11.1%); CF Ops: $7.7M.
- Number of patients served: $2.5M (+16.2%); revenue per patient: $87.54 (+2.7%).
- Fiscal Q4 Guidance: EPS: $0.62 - 0.64.
Aug. 27, 2014, 8:32 AM
- Bio-Reference Lab (NASDAQ:BRLI): FQ3 EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $222.05M (+19.7% Y/Y) beats by $11.61M.
Aug. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
Bio-Reference Laboratories Inc is engaged in providing laboratory testing services. The Company offers chemical diagnostic tests including blood and urine analysis, blood chemistry, hematology services, serology, radio-immuno analysis and toxicology.
Industry: Medical Laboratories & Research
Country: United States
Other News & PR