Jun. 4, 2015, 8:24 AM
- In a all-stock deal, OPKO Health (NYSE:OPK) acquires Bio-Reference Laboratories (NASDAQ:BRLI) for $52.58 per share or ~$1.47B. BRLI shareholders will receive 2.75 shares of OPK for each BRLI share.
- OPKO intends to leverage BRLI's commercial organization to enhance sales of its diagnostic tests, including 4Kscore, a blood test for prostate cancer.
- OPK is down 7% premarket on increased volume. BRLI is up 43% premarket on robust volume.
Aug. 21, 2013, 12:27 PM
- BioReference Laboratories (BRLI -0.4%) says its wholly-owned clinical diagnostic sequencing laboratory, GeneDx, is acquiring Edge BioSystems CLIA and its related assets, which are primarily a genetic sequencing service business in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- The acquisition will include sequencing equipment and capabilities that are expected to enhance the ability of GeneDx to maintain and improve its position as a premier provider of clinical genetic sequencing services.
- Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Bio-Reference Laboratories Inc is engaged in providing laboratory testing services. The Company offers chemical diagnostic tests including blood and urine analysis, blood chemistry, hematology services, serology, radio-immuno analysis and toxicology.
Industry: Medical Laboratories & Research
Country: United States
Other News & PR