Feb. 10, 2015, 5:27 PM
- Brookfield Residential Properties (NYSE:BRP): Q4 EPS of $1.03 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $591M (+6.5% Y/Y) misses by $57.6M.
Jan. 9, 2015, 6:25 AM
- Brookfield Residential Properties (NYSE:BRP) will report Q4 results on Feb. 10 after the market closes.
- The conference call is scheduled to begin at 11.00 a.m. ET on Feb. 11.
- Consensus view is revenues of $648.60M.
Dec. 24, 2014, 10:06 AM
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM +0.8%) agrees to acquire the 30.6% of Brookfield Residential Properties (BRP +4.8%) it does not already own, after raising its earlier offer by 5.4% to $24.25/share.
- The deal will cost BAM ~$870M and value BRP at ~$2.84B.
- BRP operates in 11 major markets in the U.S. and Canada, including Austin, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco and the Washington, D.C., area.
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:47 PM
- Brookfield Residential Properties (NYSE:BRP): Q3 EPS of $0.73 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.44.
- Revenue of $355.31M (+6.8% Y/Y) misses by $63.79M.
Oct. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
Oct. 23, 2014, 10:03 AM
Oct. 23, 2014, 9:10 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 6:59 PM
- Brookfield Residential Properties (NYSE:BRP): Q2 EPS of $0.36 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $321M (+7.8% Y/Y) misses by $4.11M.
May 29, 2014, 10:20 AM
May 1, 2014, 9:16 AM
- Brookfield Residential Properties (BRP): Q1 EPS of $0.21 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $208M (+22% Y/Y) misses by $50.35M.
Sep. 24, 2013, 11:40 AM
- The Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB +2.6%) gains following earnings reports from Lennar (LEN +5%) and KB Home (KBH +4.5%) - both of which showed interest rate hikes taking at least some bite out of results. Also, Case-Shiller data pointed to a slight slowing in home price increases. Homebuilders have been knocked for a loop since rates started going up in May - perhaps some sell the rumor, buy the news action is warranted today.
- In other homebuilder news, RBC Capital initiates coverage on Brookfield Residential Properties (BRP +4.1%) with a Buy and $27 price target.
- Toll Brothers (TOL +3.7%), M/I Homes (MHO +3.9%), Ryland (RYL +6%), D.R. Horton (DHI +2.2%), Hovnanian (HOV +2.1%).
- Other ETFs: XHB, PKB.
Sep. 20, 2013, 5:34 PM
- Weyerhaeuser's (WY) homebuilding division is attracting interest from Brookfield Residential Properties (BRP), the land developer and home builder controlled by Brookfield Asset Management (BAM), WSJ reports.
- Weyerhaeuser Real Estate Co. executives reportedly have met with bidders to answer questions about its operations; while some bidders are interested in only a portion of the unit, BRP is said to be interested in buying the entire group.
- BAM's size - $180B in assets - might prove an advantage vs. other interested parties since WY wants to sell the homebuilding division in a reverse Morris trust, a tax-free method of spinning off a division to be merged with an acquirer.
Aug. 7, 2013, 6:33 AM
- Brookfield Residential (BRP): Q2 EPS of $0.21 misses by $0.12.
- Revenue of $297.8M misses by $43.M.
Feb. 12, 2013, 11:09 PMBrookfield Residential (BRP): Q4 EPS of $0.52. Revenue of $715M (+95% Y/Y) beats by $350M. (PR) | Feb. 12, 2013, 11:09 PM
Oct. 1, 2012, 3:42 PM
Brookfield Residential (BRP +5.3%) shoots higher after a positive presentation from Mick McGuire at the Value Investing Congress. BRP boasts 30 years' worth of undervalued property, says Marcato Capital's McGuire; he also likes Alexander & Baldwin (ALEX -2.4%) and GenCorp (GY +3.4%) on the basis of their undervalued real estate assets.| Oct. 1, 2012, 3:42 PM | 1 Comment
Dec. 29, 2011, 9:10 AM
Previously bearish big players are betting on a rebound in housing, buying the stocks and bonds of builders such as Pulte (PHM), Beazer (BZH), and Hovnanian (HOV). Ivy Zelman switches sides as well, believing higher rents will push would-be buyers out of their apartments. "The smartest money in the world has been carried out on stretchers betting on a true recovery for housing," cautions Mark Hanson.| Dec. 29, 2011, 9:10 AM | 1 Comment