Boston Scientific CorporationNYSE
Yesterday, 7:43 PM
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) files a patent infringement suit in a Delaware district court accusing Nevro (NYSE:NVRO) of infringing patents covering technology related to stimulation leads, batteries and telemetry units used in Nevro's Senza system. The suit seeks unspecified damages, attorney fees and injunctive relief against further infringement.
- In late November, Nevro sued Boston Scientific over alleged infringement of Senza patents. One, U.S. Patent No. 8,359,102, was the subject of two petitions for inter partes review filed by BSX.
- Previously: Nevro files lawsuit for patent infringement against Boston Scientific in the U.S. (Nov. 29)
Thu, Dec. 8, 7:30 AM
- Philip van Doorn and team at Marketwatch put together a list of 18 S&P 500 names with consensus sell-side price targets at least 30% above the current price.
- Ten of the 18 stocks are in healthcare, which has been roughed up by a combination of Obamacare, Clinton's talk about drug pricing (back when all thought she would be the next POTUS), and now Trump joining in the bashing.
- The list (in order of possible upside): Mallinckrodt PLC (NYSE:MNK) - 56% potential upside, Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP) - 52% upside, Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) - 45% upside, Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW) - 44% upside, Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) - 42% upside, Allergan (NYSE:AGN) - 39% upside, Alexion (NASDAQ:ALXN) - 37% upside, Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) - 35% upside, Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) 34% upside, NRG Energy (NYSE:NRG) - 34% upside, Centene (NYSE:CNC) 34% upside, Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD) 33% upside, Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) 32% upside, Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) - 32% upside, Pitney owes (NYSE:PBI) - 32% upside, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) - 30% upside, Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) - 30% upside, Zimmer Bioment (NYSE:ZBH) - 30% upside.
Fri, Dec. 2, 7:17 AM
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) inks a deal with Neovasc (NASDAQ:NVCN) to acquire certain manufacturing assets and capabilities in its advanced biological tissue business in addition to a 15% equity stake for $75M in cash. The acquired business makes elements used in transcatheter heart valves, including BSX's Lotus Valve System. It will be folded into Boston's structural heart unit when the deal closes later this month.
- EVP, Operations Ed Mackey says, "We continually seek ways to optimize our manufacturing processes and enhance our product portfolio. The vertically integrated operational capabilities resulting from this acquisition will strengthen our structural heart pipeline and immediately benefit our Lotus valve platform as we work to increase our market share in Europe and prepare for launch in the U.S., expected in late 2017."
- The transaction will be immaterial to BSX's per-share earnings in 2016 and 2017 on both a GAAP and non-GAAP basis.
- NVCN is up 95% premarket on robust volume.
Tue, Nov. 29, 8:11 AM
- Nevro Corp. (NVRO) announces that it has filed a lawsuit for patent infringement against units of Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX). The lawsuit asserts that Boston Scientific is infringing Nevro's patents covering inventions relating to Nevro's groundbreaking Senza system and HF10 therapy.
- The lawsuit seeks preliminary and permanent injunctive relief against further infringement as well as damages and attorney's fees. One of the asserted patents, U.S. patent no. 8,359,102, was the subject of two petitions for inter partes review (IPR) filed by Boston Scientific with the Patent Trial and Appeals Board (PTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Tue, Nov. 22, 12:12 PM| Tue, Nov. 22, 12:12 PM | 19 Comments
Tue, Nov. 22, 9:43 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 8:03 AM
- Boston Scientific (BSX -2.3%) Q3 results: Revenues: $2,105M (+11.5%); Cardiovascular: $825M (+13.5%); Rhythm Management: $527M (+3.7%); MedSurg: $753M (+15.3%).
- Interventional Cardiology: $568M (+13.6%); Peripheral Interventions: $257M (+13.2%); Cardiac Rhythm Management: $467M (+3.5%); Electrophysiology: $60M (+5.3%); Endoscopy: $367M (+10.9%); Urology and Pelvic Health: $248M (+25.3%); Neuromodulation: $138M (+11.3%).
- Operating Income: $348M (-216.4%); Net Income: $228M (-215.2%); EPS: $0.17 (-213.3%); Non-GAAP EPS: $0.27 (+12.5%); Quick Assets: $237M (-25.7%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenues: $8.335B - 8.385B from $8.27B - 8.37B; EPS: $0.32 - 0.34 from $0.30 - 0.35; Non-GAAP EPS: $1.09 - 1.11 from $1.07 - 1.11.
- Q4 Guidance: Revenues: $2.14B - 2.19B; EPS: $0.15 - 0.17; Non-GAAP EPS: $0.27 - 0.29.
- Shares are up 3% premarket on light volume.
Wed, Oct. 26, 6:31 AM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:30 PM
- AB, AGCO, AIT, ALLY, AOS, AVX, AVY, BA, BCO, BEN, BIIB, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CG, CMCSA, DTE, ENTG, EVR, EXAS, FDML, FLIR, GD, GNRC, GRA, GRMN, GRUB, HBAN, HES, HLT, IR, KO, LEA, LH, LRN, LUV, MDCO, MDLZ, MKTX, MMYT, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PAG, PB, POL, RES, ROL, SAIA, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SONS, SPG, STRA, STT, UCBI, VG, VLY, VNTV, WEC, WM, WOOF, WYN
Fri, Oct. 7, 7:39 AM
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) launches its previously-announced $8/share cash tender offer for EndoChoice Holdings. The offer and withdrawal rights will expire one minute after 11:59 pm ET on November 4 unless extended.
- Previously: Boston Scientific acquires platform GI firm EndoChoice for $8 a share (Sept. 27)
Tue, Sep. 27, 6:54 AM
Fri, Sep. 2, 8:06 AM
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $33 (36% upside) price target by Argus Research.
- Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) upgraded to Hold from Reduce by HSBC.
- Karyopharm (NASDAQ:KPTI) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Jefferies. Price target raised to $12 (8% upside) from $9.
- AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $38 (17% upside) price target by Argus Research.
- Quest Diagnostics (NYSE:DGX) downgraded to Neutral from Buy with an $86 (4% upside) price target by Mizuho Securities.
Thu, Jul. 28, 8:13 AM
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) Q2 results ($M): Total Revenues: 2,126 (+15.4%); Cardiovascular: 837 (+12.7%); Rhythm Management: 537 (+3.9%); MedSurg: 752 (+29.0%).
- Interventional Cardiology: 579 (+12.4%); CRM: 477 (+3.7%); Endoscopy: 361 (+10.7%); Defibrillator Systems: 333 (+52.8%); Peripheral Interventions: 258 (+13.2%); Urology & Pelvic Health: 256 (+89.6%); Pacemaker Systems: 144 (+136.1%); Neuromodulation: 135 (+10.7%).
- Net Income: (207) (-302.9%); Non-GAAP Net Income: 435 (+28.3%); EPS: (0.15) (-287.5%); Non-GAAP EPS: 0.27 (+22.7%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenues: $8.27B - 8.37B from $8.075B - 8.225B; EPS: $$0.30 - 0.35 from $0.64 - 0.69; Non-GAAP EPS: $1.07 - 1.11 from $1.06 - 1.10.
- Q3 Guidance: Revenues: $2.035B - 2.085B; EPS: $0.13 - 0.15; Non-GAAP EPS: $0.25 - 0.27.
- Shares are up 4% premarket on increased volume.
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:31 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Jul. 27, 9:46 AM
- Boston Scientific (BSX -1.1%) acquires privately held Cosman Medical for an undisclosed sum. The Burlington, MA-based firm commercializes radiofrequency ablation (RFA) systems to treat chronic pain.
- BSX will fold Cosman into its Neuromodulation business. The impact of the transaction to non-GAAP EPS will be neutral this year and accretive thereafter.