B2Gold Scores High With Fekola Project
B2Gold Establishing A Foothold In West Africa
Itinerant • 10 Comments
Itinerant • 10 Comments
Fri, Jun. 24, 2:11 PM
Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM| Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM | 26 Comments
Thu, May 12, 12:40 AM
Thu, Mar. 17, 12:36 AM
Wed, Mar. 16, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 5:30 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 3:27 PM
- Gold stocks (GDX +7.8%) power higher as April gold futures jumped by $53.20/oz., or +4.5%, to settle at $1,247.80, the highest level since February 2015 and the biggest one-day dollar and percentage gain since September 2013, as investors sought safe-haven assets amid the global equity market rout.
- A growing universe of government bonds with negative yields has helped gold, while a lower U.S. dollar has made it cheaper for buyers in other currencies to purchase gold.
- Investor sentiment “seems to be thawing at the start of 2016, with a focus on gold’s wealth preservation and risk diversification properties,” the World Gold Council says.
- ABX +4.8%, GG +4.4%, AEM +8.7%, SLW +6.3%, KGC +14.2%, NG +6.2%, AU +7.4%, FNV +6.8%, GFI +10.8%, HMY +15.1%, SBGL +16%, IAG +12.3%, GOLD +4%, EGO +14%, AUY +9%, BTG +15.2%, HL +8.8%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, GGN, PSLV, DUST, SIL, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, GLDX, DGP, GTU, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, SGDM, DSLV, ASA, OUNZ, SLVP, DGL, DBS, RING, DGZ, DGLD, PSAU, TGLDX, USV, GEUR, GYEN, UBG, GDXS, GDXX, QGLDX
Thu, Jan. 14, 5:48 PM
- B2Gold (NYSEMKT:BTG) +1.4% AH after reporting record Q4 and FY 2015 gold production, with Q4 output rising 18% Y/Y to of nearly 131.5K oz. and a full-year total of more than 493K oz. for a 28% Y/Y increase.
- BTG says Q4 gold revenue totaled $139M at an average price of $1,090/oz., while FY 2015 gold revenue came in at $553.7M.
- BTG forecasts 2016 gold production of 510K-550K oz. at all-in sustaining costs of $895-$925/oz., with the production profile steadily increasing quarter by quarter due to increasing grade as phase 1 of the Otjikoto Pit is completed.
- Earlier, B2Gold said it signed an earn-in agreement with Forsys Metals (OTCPK:FOSYF) where BTG can earn up to a 100% interest in the Ondundu gold project in Namibia.
Nov. 13, 2015, 5:42 AM
- B2Gold (NYSEMKT:BTG): Q3 EPS of $0.00 in-line.
- Revenue of $139.25M (+21.2% Y/Y) beats by $1.22M.
Oct. 14, 2015, 12:46 PM
Sep. 16, 2015, 3:45 PM
- Newmont Mining's (NEM +5.8%) stock price target is lowered to $22 from $24 by RBC analysts on the back of downward revisions to base metal price assumptions, including a ~15% reduction to the firm's 2015-19 average copper price assumptions.
- NEM has significant leverage to copper prices through its Batu Hijau, Boddington and Phoenix mines, prompting the firm to reduce its EPS and cash flow/share estimates.
- But for today at least, shares of gold miners are surging, following gold prices higher as optimism grows that the Fed will not raise rates tomorrow: ABX +7%, KGC +9.2%, GG +5.3%, AEM +6.9%, GFI +3%, SBGL +2.4%, FNV +4.7%, NGD +7.1%, AUY +9.1%, IAG +7.6%, BTG +4.1%, EGO +9.7%, SLW +7.1%.
Sep. 11, 2015, 2:39 PM
- Canadian and South African gold stocks slide as prices for the precious metal capped a third straight week of losses and the imminent re-balancing of fund portfolios adds to investor concerns.
- Two gold ETFs run by Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF - GDX and GDXJ - are expected to announce upcoming re-balancing changes after the close; both ETFs are on pace to close at their lowest levels since their respective formations in 2006 and 2009.
- The Global X Silver Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:SIL) and PureFunds ISE Junior Silver ETF (NYSEARCA:SILJ) also are on pace for their record lows.
- KGC -3.2%, GG -0.5%, GFI -8.2%, AU -4.8%, BTG -5.2%, FNV -1.9%, EGO -0.2%, some of them paring larger earlier losses.
- Other ETFs: NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, SILJ, RING, JUNR, PSAU, TGLDX, SGDJ, GDJJ, GDXS, GDXX, GDJS
Aug. 13, 2015, 6:03 PM
- B2Gold (NYSEMKT:BTG): Q2 EPS of $0.00 in-line.
- Revenue of $136.5M (+13.5% Y/Y) misses by $5.58M.
Aug. 13, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jul. 20, 2015, 10:39 AM
- Several gold miner stocks strike new 52-week lows in early trading, as gold prices plunge below $1,100/oz. overnight and adding pressure to a sector that already faces razor-thin margins.
- Investors have turned sharply negative on gold as the U.S. dollar rises ahead of a likely rise in interest rates, and a report out of China shows lower than expected holdings of the metal.
- While most senior gold miners can generate decent margins at $1,100 gold, many small and mid-tier producers are underwater at the price, and some of the seniors are struggling with heavy debt.
- Hitting new 52-week lows today: ABX -9.3%, GG -7.7%, GFI -10.7%, KGC -9.4%, AGI -6.6%, AU -9.7%, SBGL -7.8%, BTG -9.3%, EGO -2.9%, NGD -8%, AUY -8.8%, RGLD -8.2%, FNV -6.8%, SLW -5%.
- Also lower: NEM -9.4%, AEM -7.9%, NG -7%, GOLD -4.8%, IAG -5.1%, HL -5.4%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, SILJ, RING, JUNR, PSAU, TGLDX, GDJJ, GDXS, GDXX, GDJS
Jul. 17, 2015, 2:58 PM
- Barrick Gold (ABX -4.9%) sinks to 24-year lows in Toronto trading, leading a rout among bullion miners as the yellow metal extends its selloff to five-year lows.
- ABX is under particular pressure, as the fall in gold casts doubt on the company’s strategy of shedding assets to pay down its $12.9B debt, as it "becomes harder and harder to sell those assets at any kind of reasonable value if metal prices are unwinding," Macquarie analyst Ron Stewart says.
- ABX reportedly is nearing a deal to sell its Zaldivar copper mine in Chile, and is looking for buyers for its 50% stake in its Kalgoorlie mine, among other properties.
- NEM -2.6%, GG -5.7%, GFI -1.1%, KGC -5.2%, AEM -5.1%, NG -2.2%, AGI -6.6%, AU -5.7%, GOLD -2.5%, SBGL -4.2%, BTG -6.4%, IAG -7.6%, EGO -7.6%, HL -3.5%, NGD -8.4%, AUY -2.9%, RGLD -2.9%, FNV -3.6%, SLW -3.3%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, TGLDX, GDXS, GDXX
B2Gold Corp. is a Vancouver based gold producer with three operating mines, two in Nicaragua and one in the Philippines and a portfolio of development and exploration assets in Nicaragua, Colombia, Namibia and Uruguay. The company's property portfolio comprises of La Libertad Mine, Limon Mine,... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Other News & PR