Tue, Oct. 25, 2:05 PM
Mon, Oct. 24, 2:24 PM
- Analysis from Canaccord Genuity suggests the gold price may have bottomed, thus the firm upgrades Goldcorp (GG -2%), Centerra Gold (OTCPK:CAGDF +0.8%), Detour Gold (OTCPK:DRGDF -1.5%) and Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM -0.4%) to Buy from Hold.
- With the recent pullback in commodity prices, "a window of opportunity appears to have presented itself, and we believe investors should consider increasing weights" in select precious metals stocks, the firm says.
- Canaccord cites rising market volatility related to the upcoming U.S. election, the recent pullback in extreme non-commercial long gold positions on the Comex, declining selling pressure among hedge funds, and real interest rates remaining near zero whether or not the Fed raises rates in December.
- The firm cites other names that could benefit, as underperforming portfolio managers look to increase their leverage to gold, including Kinross Gold (KGC -5.7%), Iamgold (IAG -2.2%) and B2Gold (BTG -3.9%) among senior producers, Endeavour Mining (OTCQX:EDVMF -1.6%) and Alamos Gold (AGI -3%) among mid- and small-cap producers, and Tahoe Resources (TAHO -1.1%) in the silver space.
Tue, Oct. 4, 2:20 PM
- Precious metals miners are slammed as gold prices dip well below $1,300/oz. to settle at $1,269.70, its lowest since the U.K.'s Brexit vote in June, as upbeat U.S. manufacturing data yesterday has stoked expectations of higher interest rates.
- Gold is “falling off the cliff,” says Naeem Aslam, chief market analyst at ThinkMarkets. “Traders are buying the equity market with both hands, especially over in the U.K.” as the British pound declines.
- Among precious metals miners today: ABX -9.2%, KGC -10.4%, GG -7.8%, NEM -8.7%, EGO -7.4%, RGLD -7.8%, AEM -8.9%, NG -9.7%, SLW -9.1%, FNV -5.6%, IAG -11.2%, GOLD -8.1%, AU -9.3%, GFI -6.4%, SBGL -8.1%, HMY -9.9%, AUY -11.6%, BTG -9.3%, NGD -6.6%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, SILJ, RING, PSAU, SGDJ, TGLDX, GDJJ, GDXX, GDXS
Tue, Sep. 27, 2:00 PM
Tue, Sep. 27, 12:52 PM
Wed, Sep. 21, 5:55 PM
- Newmont Mining (NYSE:NEM) was today's best-performing stock in the S&P 500 and precious metals miners gained across the board, enjoying a big boost from the Fed’s decision to keep interest rates unchanged.
- NEM even outperformed the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) - +7.5% vs. +7% - and Credit Suisse analysts say business in looking up for the miner, as NEM continues to meet or beat cost and production targets, as well as strengthen its portfolio.
- The firm adds that NEM believes shareholders appreciate its predictability, discipline and defining growth based on free cash flow rather than production.
- Also today: ABX +8.6%, GG +7%, AEM +7.1%, EGO +5.7%, KGC +7.6%, SLW +7.8%, FNV +4.8%, RGLD +9.6%, IAG +7.9%, GOLD +4.7%, AU +10.4%, GFI +9%, SBGL +9.5%, HMY +11.8%, AUY +7.6%, BTG +6.3%, NG +8.1%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, TGLDX, GDXX, GDXS
Tue, Sep. 20, 11:57 AM
- B2Gold (BTG +1.8%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a C$4.50 price target, up from C$4.25, at Dundee Capital, after saying it expected to be at the top end of its 2016 production guidance and at the low end of expectations on costs.
- BTG's presentation at the Denver Gold Forum indicated the production should be at the top end of guidance of 510K-550K oz. in 2016, while costs should come in at the low end of guidance of $560-$595/oz.
- Dundee says it always has liked BTG's liquidity, leverage and low-cost profile; after offering its production profile, the firm says it also likes BTG's valuation.
- The firm also notes that BTG's at-the-market equity offering provides an additional $100M, cleaning up any near-term balance sheet concerns.
Wed, Aug. 24, 2:30 PM
- Shares of gold miners are sharply lower as gold futures fall 1.2% to settle at a one-month low $1,329.70/oz., closing below its 50-day moving average for the first time since June 7.
- The top gold miners ETF (GDX -6.3%) trades well below its 50-day moving average of $29.09 and is on pace for its first four-day losing streak since early November.
- Investors are dialing down bullish bets on gold ahead of Friday's scheduled remarks from Janet Yellen, says Peter Hug, global trading director at Kitco Metals.
- Among top mining stocks: ABX -8.4%, NEM -6.7%, GG -8.7%, KGC -9%, AEM -6.3%, SLW -7.3%, RGLD -7.3%, EGO -7.2%, GFI -5.1%, AUY -8.8%, GOLD -5%, HMY -5.7%, SBGL -4.9%, IAG -8.7%, BTG -6.9%, NG -7.3%, FNV -6%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GGN, DUST, SIL, GLDX, UGL, DGP, UGLD, GLL, DZZ, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, DGL, RING, DGZ, DGLD, PSAU, TGLDX, UBG, GDXX, GDXS
Fri, Aug. 12, 8:33 AM
- B2Gold (NYSEMKT:BTG) -2.6% premarket after announcing a $100M equity distribution agreement for the issuance and sale of common shares.
- BTG plans to use the proceeds to fund ongoing general corporate expenditures, discretionary capital programs, accelerated exploration at the Fekola Project in Mali and exploration and feasibility work at the Kiaka Project in Burkina Faso.
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:01 AM
Fri, Jun. 24, 2:11 PM
Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM| Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM | 26 Comments
Thu, May 12, 12:40 AM
Thu, Mar. 17, 12:36 AM
- B2Gold (NYSEMKT:BTG): Q4 EPS of -$0.13 misses by $0.13.
- Revenue of $139M (+13.5% Y/Y) beats by $3.16M.
- Shares +10% PM.
Wed, Mar. 16, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 5:30 PM