Derek Capo • 39 Comments
Paulo Santos • 17 Comments
Aug. 31, 2015, 7:13 AM
Nov. 15, 2013, 3:53 PM
- CVSL (CVSL -13.3%) investment committee chairman John Rochon, Jr. said that he continues to believe a merger of CVSL and Blyth (BTH -2.5%) is in the best interests of both companies' shareholders. "We will amplify our proposal to Blyth in due course ... Based on Blyth's board's initial comments, it is not clear to us that they have a full understanding of our proposal," he said.
- Blyth's board rejected CVSL's $16.75/share takeover proposal earlier today, citing a number of concerns relating to the debt/equity-based financing of the proposed transaction.
Nov. 15, 2013, 9:31 AM| Nov. 15, 2013, 9:31 AM | 3 Comments
Oct. 29, 2013, 11:33 AM
- Blyth confirms yesterday's rumors that CVSL (CVSL +18.5%) has made an unsolicited proposal to acquire the company at $16.75/share (payable in cash or CVSL shares).
- The proposal is conditioned on diligence and negotiation of a definitive agreement.
- Blyth (BTH -5.1%) shares are off slightly due to concerns of the feasibility of the acquisition following a 27% spike yesterday.
Oct. 28, 2013, 4:04 PM
Oct. 1, 2012, 4:58 PM
Blyth (BTH) +12.5% AH after announcing it has reached a deal to defer the full purchase of its ViSalus subsidiary, in which Blythe owns a 73% stake, until April 2014, and that the purchase price will be based on ViSalus' 2013 EBITDA. In addition, Blyth has agreed to new 5-year contracts with ViSalus' CEO and CMO. Blyth was crushed last week after ViSalus withdrew its IPO. (earlier)| Oct. 1, 2012, 4:58 PM
Jan. 13, 2012, 3:26 PM