SA News • Fri, Nov. 7
There are no Related articles on BTHE.
There are no Transcripts on BTHE.
Fri, Nov. 7, 4:20 PM
Tue, Oct. 21, 10:52 AM
- The FDA accepts Eli Lilly's NDA for empagliflozin plus immediate-release metformin hydrochloride for the treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes (T2D). The product is part of the Lilly/Boehringer Ingelheim Diabetes alliance portfolio.
- Empagliflozin is a sodium glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitor which removes excess glucose through the urine by blocking glucose reabsorption in the kidney. Metformin decreases the production of glucose in the liver and its absorption in the intestine and improves the body's ability to utilize glucose.
- The FDA approved Jardiance (empagliflozin) as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with T2D in August 2014. Metformin has been in clinical use for many years.
- Diabetes-related tickers: (JNJ +0.4%)(OTCQB:ISLT)(OTCQB:BTHE +20%)(VTAE +2.5%)(NVO +0.5%)(MRK +0.9%)(NASDAQ:VKTX)(HPTX +0.4%)(ABT +1.2%)(OTCPK:TKPHF)(OTCPK:TKPYY -0.5%)(MDT +1.7%)(SNY -0.2%)(OTCQB:SNYNF -0.5%)(MNKD +2.4%)(ALR +1.4%)(TNDM +3%)
Mon, Sep. 22, 7:34 AM
- Boston Therapeutics (OTCQB:BTHE) signs a clinical trial agreement with Boston's Joslin Diabetes Center to be the lead site in a Phase 3 clinical trial of BTI-320, a chewable glucose control product candidate.
- The primary endpoints will be effect of BTI-320 on HbA1c, after-meal glucose and fasting plasma glucose. It will be evaluated in conjunction with current treatments such as metformin, thiazolidinedione and/or long-acting insulin analog on glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Approximately 30 patients will be enrolled at the Joslin site and ~360 overall in the 24-week trial.
- BTI-320 is an alpha glucoside inhibitor designed to reduce the post-meal elevation of blood glucose. It is taken before meals and works in the gastrointestinal tract to block the action of carbohydrate-hydrolyzing enzymes that break down carbohydrates into glucose and release it into the bloodstream.
Fri, Aug. 8, 11:11 AM
Wed, Jul. 9, 7:33 AM
Thu, May. 29, 7:17 AM
- Boston Therapeutics (BTHE) initiates a Phase 2b clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of its dietary supplement Sugardown. The 24-patient five-week study will assess 4 g and 8 g doses of Sugardown versus placebo on glucose levels in patients with Type 2 diabetes treated with metformin as a monotherapy. The primary endpoint is postprandial serum glucose area under the curve.
BTHE vs. ETF Alternatives
Boston Therapeutics, headquartered in Manchester, NH, (OTCQB: BTHE) is a leader in the field of designing drugs using complex carbohydrates. The Company's product pipeline is focused on developing and commercializing therapeutic molecules for diabetes, including: BTI-320, a non-systemic chewable... More
Other News & PR