Thu, Feb. 25, 12:46 PM
Feb. 26, 2014, 2:53 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's (BUD) Q4 like-for-like EBITDA climbed 13% to $5.2B and topped estimates of $4.94B, although the figure included a $143M one-off gain.
- Net profit jumped 47% to $2.52B, while revenue increased to $11. 71B from $10.29B and exceeded forecasts of $11.7B.
- Normalized EPS +32.7% to $1.46; consensus is for $1.31.
- AB InBev's profitability benefited from price hikes and a shift to premium lagers, as well as from a strong performance in Brazil and cost cutting in Mexico.
- However, total beverage volumes fell 2%, with sales slipping in Brazil and Mexico, although they rose in Asia.
- Mexico EBITDA climbed 44% to $575M, helped by savings following AB InBev's acquisition of Grupo Modelo.
- Net debt as of 31 December rose to $38.8B from $8.7B a year earlier, mainly due to the Modelo deal.
- AB InBev expects the soccer World Cup in Brazil in the summer to boost sales in the country.
- AB InBev proposed a final dividend of €1.45 a share, bringing the total dividend for 2013 to €2.05. The shares will trade ex-coupon as of 5 May and dividends will be payable on May 8. The record date will be May 7. (PR)
Oct. 31, 2013, 3:25 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's (BUD) Q3 EBITDA rose 10.5% to $4.66B and exceeded consensus of $4.54B, helped by higher selling prices and cost-cutting.
- Net profit jumped 31% to $2.37B, reflecting the firm's $20B acquisition of Mexico's Grupo Modelo.
- Comparable revenue increased 3% to $11.73B but missed consensus of $11.86B.
- Volumes slipped 1.3% to 119.7 million hectoliters, in line with forecasts, although revenue per hectoliter increased 5.7%.
- AB InBev's volumes in the key market of Brazil dropped 5%, and the company warned that due to high food inflation FY sales in the country will be at the lower end of a prior forecast of flat to a low single-digit percentage decline.
- U.S. sales fell, although average prices and profit margins grew.
- Budweiser's sales increased 8.1%.
- Declared interim dividend of €0.60 a share. The shares will trade ex-coupon as of 13 November and dividends will be payable as from 18 November. The record date will be 15 November. (PR)
Feb. 27, 2013, 2:13 AMAnheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) proposes a dividend of €1.70/share. Shares will trade ex-coupon as of April 26 and dividends will be payable as from May 2. Date of record April 30. To move to semi-annual dividend payments starting with payouts for FY 2013, payable in November 2013 and May 2014. (PR) | Feb. 27, 2013, 2:13 AM
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA engages in the provision of beverages products. Its activities include manufacturing, marketing and distribution of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. It operates through the following geographical segments: North America, Mexico, and Latin America North, Latin America... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Beverages - Brewers
Other News & PR