Wed, Oct. 14, 2:09 PM
Wed, Oct. 14, 12:46 PM
Wed, Sep. 2, 10:12 AM
- "BV has strong fundamental and strategic value, but we move to the sidelines until we see steady execution, sustained new product momentum and a path to 15+ percent growth," writes Morgan Stanley's Stan Zlotsky, downgrading to Equal-Weight following Bazaarvoice's FQ1 beat, light FQ2 guidance, and FY16 guidance reiteration.
- Zlotsky is worried about the departure of sales chief Kelly Connery, and notes international sales have "underperformed expectations for two years." On the flip side, he likes Bazaarvoice's product pipeline, and expects strong momentum for products other than the company's mainstay Conversations (online reviews, ratings, and Q&A) offering.
- Morgan Stanley upgraded Bazaarvoice on Jan. 21, when shares were at $8.05.
Mon, Aug. 31, 6:11 PM
- In addition to slightly beating FQ1 estimates, Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ:BV) used its earnings call to reiterate FY16 (ends April '16) EPS guidance of -$0.12 to -$0.16 (consensus is at -$0.12).
- With shares down 35% YTD going into earnings, those numbers are being well-received, and overshadowing soft FQ2 guidance: Revenue of $49.2M-$49.8M and EPS of -$0.04 to -$0.06 vs. a consensus of $50.6M and -$0.03.
- Active (contracted) clients fell by 16 Q/Q to 1,337, while network clients (non-recurring revenue) rose by ~400 Q/Q to over 4,200. Annualized SaaS revenue per average active client fell by ~$9K Q/Q to ~$140K. GAAP operating expenses fell by ~$500K Y/Y to $38.9M - $19.1M was spent on sales/marketing, $10.5M on R&D, and $8.2M on G&A.
- Along with the numbers, Bazaarvoice has disclosed the company and sales chief Kelly Connery have "mutually agreed" Connery should resign, effective Sep. 4.
- FQ1 results, PR
Mon, Jun. 15, 5:40 PM
Thu, Jun. 11, 12:45 PM
Wed, Jun. 10, 5:18 PM
- Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ:BV) has guided on its CC (webcast) for FQ1 revenue of $48.1M-$48.7M and EPS of -$0.08 to -$0.10, below a consensus of $49.8M and -$0.04. FY16 (ends April '16) EPS guidance is at -$0.12 to -$0.16, below a -$0.06 consensus.
- Active clients rose by 38 Q/Q in FQ4 to 1,353, after rising by 57 and 66 in the prior two quarters. Network clients (non-recurring revenue) rose by ~900 Q/Q to over 3,800. Annualized SaaS revenue per average active client rose by $5K Q/Q to $149K. With PowerReviews divested last July, GAAP operating expenses fell 5% Y/Y to $39M.
- Shares have fallen to $5.75 AH. The 52-week low is $5.21.
- FQ4 results, PR
Fri, Jun. 5, 1:40 PM| Fri, Jun. 5, 1:40 PM | Comment!
Mon, Mar. 9, 5:39 PM
- Northland Securities has launched coverage on Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ:BV) with an Outerpform rating and $9 target after the close.
- Shares are up to $6.45 AH, adding to the 2.6% gain they saw in regular trading. Northland's launch comes after Bazaarvoice cratered last Wednesday due to the soft FY16 outlook provided with its FQ3 beat.
Wed, Mar. 4, 12:45 PM
Wed, Mar. 4, 9:13 AM
- Gainers: IFON +44%. NVGN +44%. EFUT +36%. CNDO +27%. W +22%. ATOS +16%. PHMD +20%. ATHM +13%. NURO +12%. SWHC +10%. AMRN +9%. AEO +8%. AMBA +8%. CRMD +8%. SOL +7%. OREX +7%. TIVO +6%. EXAS +5%.
- Losers: CYCC -22%. BOBE -19%. TNET -16%. BV -16%. VEEV -15%. CYTX -8%. ANF -8%. ONCY -6%. ACHN -5%. FAST -5%.
Tue, Mar. 3, 5:36 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 4:59 PM
- Though Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ:BV) beat FQ3 estimates, it has guided on its CC (webcast) for 6%-10% FY16 (ends April '16) revenue growth, below a consensus for 14% growth.
- The online reviews/customer engagement platform provider added ~600 network clients in FQ3, up from FQ2's ~500 and FQ1's ~300, and bringing the total base above 2,900.
- Active clients rose by 57 Q/Q to 1,315, after rising by 66 in FQ2. Annualized SaaS revenue per active client fell by $3K to $144K.
- Gross margin fell to 63.7% from 68.3% a year ago. GAAP operating expenses fell 9% Y/Y to $34.5M - sales/marketing spend totaled $18M, R&D $8.8M, and G&A $6.9M.
- Shares have fallen to $8.00 AH.
- FQ3 results, PR
Wed, Jan. 21, 11:18 AM
- Morgan Stanley has upgraded Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ:BV) to Overweight, and set a $10 target. Among other things, the firm cites accelerating growth, a favorable valuation, and the resolution of the DOJ's PowerReviews suit.
- The provider of online customer review/interaction tools is close to its 52-week high of $8.73.
Dec. 2, 2014, 5:37 PM
Dec. 2, 2014, 4:20 PM
- Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ:BV) ended FQ2 with 2.3K+ network clients, up by ~500 from the end of FQ1. Q/Q growth surpassed FQ1's ~300.
- Active clients, who (unlike network clients) produce recurring revenue, grew by 61 Q/Q to 1,258; they rose by 66 in FQ1. Annualized SaaS revenue per active client fell by $5K to $147K.
- Gross margin for continuing ops (excludes PowerReviews) was 63.2%, down from 64.3% in FQ1 and 69.6% a year ago. Excluding charges, GAAP opex rose 6% Y/Y to $36.3M.
- FQ2 results, PR
Bazaarvoice Inc is a network that connects brands & retailers to the authentic voices of people where shopping is done. Its technology platform collects & displays ratings & reviews, questions & answers & stories from consumers.
Other News & PR