Established in February 1995, BYD Company Limited specializes in IT, automobile and new energy. BYD is the largest supplier of rechargeable batteries in the globe, and has the largest market share for Nickel-cadmium batteries, handset Li-ion batteries, cell-phone chargers and keypads worldwide.... More
Wednesday, Sep 112013, 10:08 AM
Wednesday, Sep 112013, 10:08 AM| Comment!
- Shares of BYD (BYDDF.PK +7.7%) climb after the company announces it will launch 3 new models featuring its dual-engine system, including the Qin at the end of this year, the Tang, an SUV model, in 2014, and a supercar temporarily dubbed the E9.
- BYD also gained some sliver of traction for its electric buses when Hong Kong's Kowloon Motor Bus launched a single-bus, 1-year trial this week. In the shadow of safety concerns, BYD's bus was required by the operator to use foreign components and have its BYD battery encased in fire-resistant steel plates.
Friday, Sep 62013, 2:07 PM|Friday, Sep 62013, 2:07 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 11:09 AM|Tuesday, Sep 32013, 11:09 AM| Comment!
Monday, Aug 262013, 2:11 PM
Monday, Aug 262013, 2:11 PM| Comment!
- Shares of Chinese automobile and battery maker BYD (BYDDF.PK -10.1%) tumbled after the company announced 1H results yesterday. With the results came an anemic Q3 net income forecast of RMB3M-RMB50M.
- Car sales were up 25% Y/Y in H1 to 250K units, but the vast majority were gasoline-powered vehicles. Citi's Paul Gong expects BYD to deliver only 2.1K all-electric vehicles in 2013. Ironically, investors hope profits from gas vehicles will be funneled into BYD's green technologies, like electric vehicles and buses as well as solar panels.
- BYD has set its sights on overseas markets for its electric vehicles. It won a contract to supply 35 K9 electric buses to Long Beach and Los Angeles earlier this year. But skeptics abound. A local analyst: "Unlike the domestic market, which can be easily influenced by government policies, the attraction of BYD’s electric buses still need to be tested."
- The stock is up 30.7% YTD.
Sunday, Aug 252013, 9:07 AM|Sunday, Aug 252013, 9:07 AM| Comment!