The Market Has Beazer Homes Priced For The Chinese Housing Market
Joshua S. Hall • 11 Comments
Joshua S. Hall • 11 Comments
Beazer: Back In The Bargain Bin
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:34 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Fri, Jun. 17, 10:30 AM
- May housing starts at a seasonally-adjusted annualized pace of 1.164M edged lower from April, but were up 9.5% from a year ago (and vs. expected 1.15M). Single-family starts of 764K were slightly higher than April.
- The major averages are modestly lower on the session, but the homebuilders (ITB +1%) are posting strong gains, led by Toll Brothers (TOL +1.6%), Hovnanian (HOV +3.7%), KB Home (KBH +1.8%), Lennar (LEN +1.2%), PulteGroup (PHM +1.4%), Beazer (BZH +4.7%), D.R. Horton (DHI +1.2%).
Tue, May 24, 10:09 AM
- April new home sales at a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 619K were a full 16.6% above the upwardly revised March print, and 23.8% higher than year-ago levels. The number also flew past expectations for just a 2% rise to 523K.
- Sales in the Northeast of 55K gained from 36K in March; Midwest of 60K down from 63K; South of 352K vs. 304K; West of 152K vs. 128K.
- Full report
- Tossing this bit of information in with strong FQ2 earnings from Toll Brothers (TOL +6.4%) has the homeowners (ITB +2.7%) surging well ahead of the market averages.
- Hovnanian (HOV +4.9%), KB Home (KBH +3.8%), Beazer (BZH +5.4%), Lennar (LEN +3.2%), Pulte (PHM +3.1%), D.R. Horton (DHI +3.3%)
Wed, May 4, 12:22 PM
- Outliers to the downside among the homebuilders today are KB Home (KBH -2.5%) after a downgrade to Sell from Neutral at UBS, and Beazer Homes (BZH -6%) after a cut to Neutral from Buy from the same team.
- Though bouncing nicely since the February lows, Beazer is still down 35% YTD, and 60% Y/Y. KB Home is in the green this year by about 10%, and off about 10% Y/Y.
Thu, Apr. 28, 12:46 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:44 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Feb. 10, 9:22 AM
- Among those eating their own cooking are CEO Allan Merrill with 10K shares purchased this week, and CFO Robert Salomon with 9.5K shares.
- Board member Brian Beazer bought 15K shares for his account, and fellow director Stephen Zelnak 45K shares.
- The full list of buys is here.
- The stock's off about 70% since hitting its 2015 high last June.
- BZH +3.8% premarket
Thu, Feb. 4, 7:58 AM
- Beazer Homes (NYSE:BZH): FQ1 EPS of $0.04 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.07.
- Revenue of $344.45M (+29.6% Y/Y) beats by $12.4M.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABG, ABMD, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BR, BSX, BZH, CARB, CFX, CHTR, CI, CLX, CMI, CMS, COP, COTY, CRS, CS, CSL, CUB, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EQM, EQT, GLPI, GRUB, HIMX, ICE, IT, ITG, KELYA, LQDT, LVLT, MD, MHFI, MHO, MMC, MMP, MMS, MSCI, MSG, NAO, NYT, ODFL, OXY, PBH, PM, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, RDS.A, RFP, RL, RSTI, SBH, SNA, SPH, SQNS, STRA, TDC, TDY, TE, TPX, UTEK, VLP, VMC, WEC, XYL
Nov. 11, 2015, 12:31 PM
- Yesterday's earnings beat and big move higher from D.R. Horton (NYSE:DHI) spread through the entire sector, and today is seeing plenty of follow-through, with DHI up another 3.2%.
- Reporting on the UBS conference today, the WSJ's Kris Hudson says Toll Brothers CEO Doug Yearly sounds coy about the upcoming spring selling period, telling attendees he's not pessimistic, but doesn't yet see an impetus pointing to a great season.
- Of supposed slowing of international buying on the West Coast: "We haven't yet personally seen any negative impact."
- ITB +1.75%, XHB +0.9%
- Hovnanian (HOV +5.6%), PulteGroup (PHM +1.3%), Lennar (LEN +2.3%), KB Home (KBH +2.5%), Beazer (BZH +5.9%)
- Previously: More on D.R. Horton's FQ4 beat (Nov. 10)
Nov. 10, 2015, 7:14 AM
- FQ4 income from continuing operations of $354.5M or $11.16 per share vs. $60.3M and $1.90 one year ago. This year's result was boosted by a $324.6M tax benefit thanks to the company's DTA. Income from continuing operations of $30.7M vs. $20.3M a year ago.
- New home orders of 1,170 slipped from 1,173 a year ago. Orders per community of 2.4 down from 2.6. Cancellation rate of 24.2% up 80 basis points.
- Total home closings of 1,896 up 11.9% Y/Y. ASP of $322.6K up 9.2%. Homebuilding revenue of $611.7M up 22.2%. Homebuilding gross margin of 17.5% down 70 basis points.
- Conference call at 11 ET
- Previously: Beazer Homes beats by $10.27, misses on revenue (Nov. 10)
- BZH flat premarket
Nov. 10, 2015, 6:35 AM
- Beazer Homes (NYSE:BZH): FQ4 EPS of $11.16 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.89.
- Revenue of $632.85M (+15.9% Y/Y) misses by $17.99M.
Nov. 9, 2015, 5:30 PM
Oct. 19, 2015, 9:27 AM
- Noting the company's above-average exposure to homebuyers who rely on credit due to its sector-low average price point, a small market cap, and large exposure to favorable markets (South and West), analyst Wilkes Graham upgrades Beazer Homes (NYSE:BZH) to Buy from Neutral.
- The $16.50 price target is 15% above Friday's close.
- Beazer has lost about one-third of its value since late June.
Beazer Homes USA, Inc. designs, builds and sells single-family and multi-family homes in the United States. The company is geographically segmented as: West, East and Southeast regions. The West segment includes Arizona, California, Nevada and Texas regions. The East segment includes Indiana,... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Residential Construction
Country: United States
Other News & PR