Wed, Nov. 11, 12:31 PM
- Yesterday's earnings beat and big move higher from D.R. Horton (NYSE:DHI) spread through the entire sector, and today is seeing plenty of follow-through, with DHI up another 3.2%.
- Reporting on the UBS conference today, the WSJ's Kris Hudson says Toll Brothers CEO Doug Yearly sounds coy about the upcoming spring selling period, telling attendees he's not pessimistic, but doesn't yet see an impetus pointing to a great season.
- Of supposed slowing of international buying on the West Coast: "We haven't yet personally seen any negative impact."
- ITB +1.75%, XHB +0.9%
- Hovnanian (HOV +5.6%), PulteGroup (PHM +1.3%), Lennar (LEN +2.3%), KB Home (KBH +2.5%), Beazer (BZH +5.9%)
- Previously: More on D.R. Horton's FQ4 beat (Nov. 10)
Wed, Jun. 24, 9:47 AM
- Lennar is up 4.5% after blowing through estimates, including posting gross and operating margins ahead of previous guidance.
- ITB +1.3%, XHB +0.7%
- Toll Brothers (TOL +1.7%), Ryland (RYL +0.7%), KB Home (KBH +1.5%), Pulte (PHM +2%), D.R. Horton (DHI +1.7%), Hovnanian (HOV +1.5%), Beazer (BZH +1.6%).
- Previously: Lennar in high cotton in FQ2, up 4.7% post-earnings (June 24)
- Previously: Lennar beats by $0.15, beats on revenue (June 24)
Mon, Jun. 15, 9:44 AM
- Zigging higher while the rest of the market zags sharply lower are the homebuilders following this weekend's merger of Ryland Homes and Standard Pacific.
- While there have been a number of smaller deals over the past year, this one is more sizable, setting off hope of a broader - and necessary, according to some - consolidation in the fragmented sector.
- Lennar (LEN +1.9%), Toll Brothers (TOL +1.4%), M.D.C. Holdings (MDC +2.3%), M/I Homes (MHO -0.5%), NVR (NVR), D.R. Horton (DHI +1.5%), KB Home (KBH +0.7%), Beazer Homes (BZH +1.2%), PulteGroup (PHM +1.6%), Hovnanian (HOV flat)
- Previously: Industry eyes Ryland/Standard Pacific merger (June 15)
Wed, May 27, 10:43 AM
- Toll Brothers (TOL -2.8%) managed to beat on the bottom line thanks to lower income taxes, but revenues actually fell from a year ago, while SG&A expense as a percent of revenue climbed 50 bps to 12.6%.
- Hovnanian (HOV -0.8%), Lennar (LEN -0.9%), Ryland (RYL -0.7%), Beazer (BZH -1%), Pulte (PHM -1.1%), D.R. Horton (DHI -1.1%)
- ETFs: ITB, XHB
- Previously: Toll Brothers reports mixed FQ2; early Q3 returns mixed as well (May 27)
- Previously: Toll Brothers beats by $0.02, misses on revenue (May 27)
Thu, Apr. 23, 10:17 AM
- PulteGroup earlier reported disappointing results which included slimming margins and muted price gains. The stock is lower by 8% in morning action.
- Minutes ago, HUD reported a far larger-than-expected slowdown in new home sales in March - with the South leading the retreat (gotta be the weather?).
- Toll Brothers (TOL -2.3%), Hovnanian (HOV -1.2%), Lennar (LEN -2.1%), Ryland (RYL -3%), D.R. Horton (DHI -3.4%), KB Home (KBH -3.5%), Beazer Homes (BZH -3%), Standard Pacific (SPF -2.8%).
- Previously: PulteGroup -7.8% as Q1 results disappoint (April 23)
- Previously: South leads big decline in new home sales (April 23)
Mon, Feb. 23, 10:51 AM
- Existing home sales fell more than forecast in January, sliding to the lowest seasonally-adjusted annualized rate since April.
- Previously: Treasury yields head south following soft home sales report (Feb. 23)
- Compass Point throws in the towel on its Outperform calls on Standard Pacific (SPF -1.2%) and Beazer Homes (BZH -1.4%), downgrading both to Neutral.
- ETFs: ITB -0.7%, XHB -0.15%
- Toll Brothers (TOL -0.5%), Lennar (LEN -1%), Hovnanian (HOV -2.5%), PulteGroup (PHM -0.7%), Ryland (RYL -1.3%), D.R. Hoton (DHI -0.8%).
Thu, Jan. 29, 10:18 AM
- Both PulteGroup (PHM +5.3%) and Ryland (RYL +3.8%) beat earnings estimates, with Ryland's gross margins nicely higher, but Pulte's slimming some.
- Pending home sales unexpectedly cooled in December, but Y/Y comps are starting to get easier, and the 11.7% Y/Y gain was the highest since June 2013.
- ETFs: ITB +2.2%, XHB +1.3%
- Toll Brothers (TOL +3%), Hovnanian (HOV +2.1%), Lennar (LEN +2.9%), D.R. Horton (DHI +3.6%), KB Home (KBH +4.9%), Beazer Homes (BZH +2.9%).
- Previously: PulteGroup edges higher after earnings beat (Jan. 29)
- Previously: Ryland selling prices and margins rise from last year (Jan. 29)
- Previously: Pending home sales unexpectedly drop (Jan. 29)
Dec. 10, 2014, 3:53 PM
- "Why 2014 was a pause and flat to 2013 and not improving has been a bit puzzling," says Toll Brothers (TOL -7.6%) management on the earnings call.
- Asked about the impact of tumbling energy prices on markets like Dallas and Houston, management says the company's exposure there is small, with Houston accounting for 3.7% of signed contracts.
- Overall, Toll expects the housing recovery to be "bumpy," and that demand will truly return when buyers no longer fear price drops.
- Previously: Toll Brothers slips on FQ4 miss (Dec. 10, 2014)
- It's a different story (at least for the stock price) with Hovanian (HOV +5.9%) after its earning report today. Management: "It's an understatement to say that the past 12 months have been choppy ... Given the gains we've seen in employment, we would have expected stronger home sales."
- Previously: Hovnanian pops as fiscal 2015 starts off strong (Dec. 10, 2014)
- Other builders today: Ryland (RYL -5.1%), Lennar (LEN -5.3%), Beazer (BZH -5.1%), Pulte (PHM -3.5%), KB Home (KBH -5.1%).
- ETFs: ITB -3.4%, XHB -2.5%
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:36 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 7:56 AM
- FQ4 new home orders of 1,173 down 1.6% Y/Y. Average active community count of 149 up 10.4%. Cancellation rate of 23.4% down 50 bps. Total home closings of 1,695 up 2.3%
- ASP of $295.4K up 12.2%. Homebuilding gross margin excluding items of 22.3% up 90 bps.
- Management expects to hit its "2B-10" objectives - $2B in revenue and a 10% adjusted EBITDA margin leading to $200M in adjusted EBITDA - by the end of 2016. For fiscal 2014, adjusted EBITDA was $133.2M vs. $86.3M in 2013.
- Conference call at 10 ET
- Previously: Beazer Homes EPS of $1.90
- BZH +4.2% premarket
Oct. 31, 2014, 5:39 PM
Aug. 15, 2014, 9:47 AM
- Outliers to the upside among the homebuilders in early action are WCI Communities (WCIC +3.2%) and Beazer Homes (BZH +1.9%) after upgrades from Citigroup.
- Ringing the register on its Sell call on Beazer after a 27% YTD decline in the stock, Citi upgrades to Neutral. WCI is boosted to Buy from Neutral
Aug. 14, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 8, 2014, 5:40 PM
Jul. 25, 2014, 5:37 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 10:25 AM
- Sterne Agee downgrades Beazer Homes (BZH -1.9%) to Neutral.
- Previously: American Homes 4 Rent purchases Beazer's rental homes unit
Beazer Homes USA Inc is a homebuilder with active operations in 16 states within three geographic regions in the United States: West, East and Southeast. It designs, sells and builds single-family and multi-family homes.
Other News & PR