What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 22, 2015, 11:24 AM
- Telsey Advisory analyst Joesph Feldman thinks a merger between Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS -0.1%) and Cabela's (CAB -0.8%) would be highly accretive and beneficial to shareholders if financed correctly.
- Feldman notes the geographic mix of the two sporting goods retailers is complementary.
- Though Cabela's is undergoing a strategic review, there's been no official indication that Dick's is in the mix.
- Shares of Dick's and Cabela's have both trailed broad retail stock averages this year.
Nov. 23, 2015, 4:55 PM
- Cabela's (NYSE:CAB) is generating takeover interest at a share price in the $50s, but it may take a much higher number to satisfy certain longtime investors, Bloomberg reports.
- Even as CAB sales and profit growth have sputtered, shareholders such as London Co. of Virginia and the Matthew 25 Fund see a strong brand with long-term expansion prospects, as well as lucrative credit card business with nearly $5B in loans and real estate holdings worth ~$1B, the report says.
- Mark Mulholland, who runs Matthew 25, says he would refuse anything below $72 in the event of a takeover attempt for CAB, which would be a ~50% premium over today’s closing price of $46.50.
Nov. 19, 2015, 5:58 PM
- Cabela's (NYSE:CAB) +8.5% AH following a Bloomberg report that it is fielding potential takeover interest and weighing whether to begin a sales process, and that rival Bass Pro Shops is working with JPMorgan Chase to help explore a bid.
- CAB is working with its regular advisers at Guggenheim Partners, which is reaching out to a small group of potential P-E buyers and strategic acquirers, according to the report.
- The report also says several buyout firms have expressed interest in a deal that may value CAB’s in the mid- to high $50s.
Sep. 18, 2014, 1:30 PM
- Bass Pro Shops hires Moelis to help it explore financing options.
- Sources say a sale of a minority stake, likely to a P-E firm, would value the retailer in the billions.
- A capital-heavy Bass Pro could pose a threat to Cabela's (CAB -0.8%) and to a lesser extent Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) if expansion is part of the plan.
Cabela's Inc is a specialty retailer and a direct marketer of hunting, fishing, camping, and related outdoor merchandise. The Company operates in two segment retail and direct segments. It also issue the Cabela's CLUB Visa credit card.
Other News & PR