Jan. 12, 2015, 10:45 AM
- Citigroup downgrades a number of food stocks on its view higher consumer spending in the sector may already by priced into share prices.
- Exposure to global markets also poses a risk due to currency swings and uneven demand, say analysts.
- The investment firm takes the rating on ConAgra (CAG -1%), Mondelez International (MDLZ -0.8%), and Kellogg (K -0.9%) to Neutral from Buy.
- McCormick & Company (MKC -0.8%), Kraft Foods Group (KRFT), and Campbell Soup (CPB) are all moved to Sell from Neutral.
Dec. 18, 2014, 8:15 AM
- ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG) reports Consumer Food segment sales fell 1.9% to $1.98B in FQ2.
- Commercial Foods segment sales were up 1.9% to $1.12B.
- Private brands segment sales dropped 4.8% to $1.05B.
- Gross margin rate declined 133 bps to 21.41%.
- Segment profit: Consumer Foods: $301.7M (+5.5%); Commercial Foods: $148.1M (+16.0%); Private brands: -$202.3M.
- FY2015 Guidance: Adjusted EPS: mid-single digit rate growth Y/Y; Operating cash flow: $1.6B to $1.7B; Debt: reduce by $1.0B.
- CAG -0.27% premarket
Dec. 18, 2014, 7:40 AM
- ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG): FQ2 EPS of $0.61 in-line.
- Revenue of $4.15B (-1.7% Y/Y) misses by $50M.
Dec. 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 11:04 AM
- ConAgra Foods (CAG -0.4%) says its joint venture with Meijer Frozen Food will invest $150M to expand a frozen potato plant in Netherlands.
- The second production line is expected to be fully operational in the middle part of 2016.
Dec. 2, 2014, 11:28 AM
- ConAgra Foods(NYSE:CAG) declares $0.25/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.73%
- Payable March 3; for shareholders of record Jan 30; ex-div Jan 28.
Oct. 9, 2014, 10:58 AM
- Consumer staples stocks continue to persevere amid a broad market decline.
- The Consumer Staples Select ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is +1.9% over the last 5 days vs. the -1.3% showing of the S&P 500 ETF.
- Today, PepsiCo (PEP +1.5%) is doing some of the heavy lifting following its Q3 earnings report - while a number of meat stocks are also contributing including Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +1.3%), ConAgra Foods (CAG +1.8%), Hormel (HRL +0.7%), Seneca Foods Corp. (SENEA +0.7%), Diamond Foods (DMND +1.1%), Tyson Foods (TSN), and Sanderson Farms (SAFM +0.7%) .
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
Sep. 19, 2014, 8:45 AM
- ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG) declares $0.25/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.99%
- Payable Dec. 2; for shareholders of record Oct. 31; ex-div Oct. 29.
Sep. 18, 2014, 9:06 AM
Sep. 18, 2014, 7:47 AM
- ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG) beat estimates in FQ1, despite a slip in sales, as SG&A expenses were 8.6% lower than a year ago and its interest expense fell by 12.6% during the period.
- Segment revenue growth: Consumer Foods -1% to $1.63B; Commercial Foods +1.8% to $1.09B; Private Brands -1.7% to $980M.
Sep. 18, 2014, 7:32 AM
- ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG): FQ1 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $3.7B (-0.5% Y/Y) in-line.
Sep. 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 7:59 AM
- ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG) CEO Gary Rodkin announces he will retire next May.
- A search committee to find a replacement has been formed by the company.
Aug. 8, 2014, 4:38 PM
- ConAgra Foods' (NYSE:CAG) long-time CEO Gary Rodkin is expected to retire in the next several months, and the company is in the early stages of reaching out to potential candidates to succeed him, according to a Reuters report.
- Rodkin, who has led CAG since 2005, has been under pressure from shareholders to fix problems resulting from the company's acquisition of Ralcorp in Jan. 2013.
- The purchase made CAG the biggest U.S. private-label food company, but the business of selling food under supermarket brands has struggled to reach promised profit targets, in part due to cut-price deals Ralcorp had struck with customers before it was taken over.
Jul. 15, 2014, 12:49 PM
- ConAgra Foods, Inc. (NYSE:CAG) declares $0.25/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.23%
- Payable Aug. 28; for shareholders of record July 28; ex-div July 24.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. manufactures and markets processed and packaged foods. The company operates through four segments: Consumer, Commercial, Ralcorp and Ralcorp Food Group. The Consumer Foods segment includes branded and private brand food products that are sold in various retail and foodservice... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Processed & Packaged Goods
Country: United States
Other News & PR