Cardinal Health Inc.NYSE
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:07 PM
- C.R. Bard (NYSE:BCR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Wells Fargo.
- DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Desjardins. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $92 (1% downside risk) price target by BTIG Research.
- Alimera Sciences (NASDAQ:ALIM) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Cowen & Company.
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Goldman Sachs. Price target raised to $47 (13% downside risk) from $30.
- Akorn (NASDAQ:AKRX) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral by Piper Jaffray. Price target raised to $34 (19% upside) from $33.
- Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH) upgraded to Positive from Neutral by Susquehanna. Price target raised to $18 (66% upside).
- AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Jefferies. Price target raised to GBX 5,800 (14% upside) from GBX 5,400. Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform with a GBX 5,200 (2% upside) price target by BNP Paribas.
- McKesson (NYSE:MCK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $189 (15% upside) from $210.
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $83 (8% upside) from $90.
- Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Wedbush. Price target lowered to $2 (44% upside) from $14. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Citigroup. Price target lowered to $1.50 (8% upside) from $12. Downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan and Piper Jaffray.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RPTP) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Cowen & Company.
- Vitae Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VTAE) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by BMO Capital.
- Atara Biotherapeutics (NASDAQ:ATRA) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $16 (18% downside risk) from $23.
- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral with a GBX 1,520 (6% downside risk) price target by BNP Paribas.
- Applied Genetic Technologies (NASDAQ:AGTC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Roth Capital. Price target lowered to $12 (34% upside) from $34. Downgraded to Hold from Buy by Cantor Fitzgerald. Price target lowered to $15 (68% upside) from $32.
- Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Baird.
Tue, Sep. 6, 8:52 AM
- Nano cap Navidea Biopharmaceuticals (NYSEMKT:NAVB) is up 80% premarket on robust volume in response to its announcement that it has inked a Letter of Intent with Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) for the North American rights to Lymphoseek for all oncology diagnostic indications.
- Under the terms of the pending transaction, Navidea will receive $80M at closing and up to $230M in sales-based milestones.
- Cardinal will license a portion of the acquired intellectual property back to Navidea to allow it to develop new products that do not compete with the current Lymphoseek product and to continue to commercialize Lymphoseek outside of North America.
- Lymphoseek is designed for the precise identification of lymph nodes that drain from a primary tumor. These have the highest probability of harboring cancer cells.
- Update: The company will host a conference call on Wednesday, September 7 at 8:30 am ET to discuss the deal.
Mon, Aug. 8, 8:59 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 11:14 AM
- Cardinal Health (CAH +1.9%) fiscal Q4 results: Total Revenues: $31.384B (+13.9%); Pharmaceutical: $28.177B (+14.2%); Medical: $3.21B (+12.4%).
- Net Income: $333M (+13.7%); Non-GAAP Net Income: $372M (+11.7%); EPS: $1.02 (+15.9%); Non-GAAP EPS: $1.14 (+14%); CF Ops: $641M (-26.2%).
- 2017 Guidance: Non-GAAP EPS: $5.48 - $5.73 (+5% to 9% Y/Y).
Tue, Aug. 2, 7:05 AM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ACCO, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALLT, ARW, AVP, BOFI, CAH, CARB, CEQP, CHH, CIE, CMI, CPPL, CSTM, CVS, DISCA, ECL, EIGI, EMR, ENOC, EPC, ETN, ETR, EXPD, FDP, GEO, GLT, GNRC, H, HCLP, HCN, HEP, HMC, HRS, HW, IDCC, IDXX, IIVI, IPI, IQNT, JLL, MLM, MMP, MNK, MOS, MZOR, NI, NJR, NNN, NRZ, NS, NWN, OZM, PBI, PFE, PG, PNW, RCL, RDC, RHP, SABR, SALE, SCAI, SHOO, SHPG, SODA, STX, SUI, TAP, TDC, VG, VSH, WCG, WNR, WNRL, XYL, ZEUS
Sun, Jul. 3, 2:50 PM
- via Barclays:
- "Although stocks in the U.S. and Europe have partially bounced back from the sharp selloff sparked by the U.K. referendum result, risks remain prevalent. [Analyst] Keith Parker foresees further equity downside alongside a prolonged market bottoming process, during which positioning is likely to turn much more defensive at active managers.
- "With this in mind, our stock screen this week highlights Overweight-rated stocks that screen defensively based on sector and equity beta but are also expected to generate superior ROE and free cash flows in FY1.
- "Our screen considers the following factors: i) Large-cap (US $5 billion+) stock in the consumer staples, utilities, telecom or healthcare sectors. ii) Adjusted beta less than 1.0. iii) Rated Overweight by Barclays equity research. iv) 15%+ ROE and 4.5%+ FCF yield expected in FY1, based on Barclays estimates."
- The stocks: Aetna (NYSE:AET), BT Group plc (NYSE:BT), Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH), Coloplast (OTC:CLPBF, OTCPK:CLPBY), CVS (NYSE:CVS), Estee Lauder (NYSE:EL), Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX), Glanbia (OTC:GLAPF, OTCPK:GLAPY), Grifols (NASDAQ:GRFS), Imperial Brands (OTCQX:IMBBY, OTCQX:ITYBF), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Ahold (OTCQX:AHONY, OTCQX:AHODF, OTCQX:AHOND), LabCorp (NYSE:LH), Perrigo (NYSE:PRGO), Telus (NYSE:TU), Unilever (UL, UN), UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH)
- See full table here.
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:50 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Akers Biosciences (AKER +33.9%) is up on a whopping 109x surge in volume (1.9M shares) in response to its announcement that Cardinal Health (CAH -1.8%) unit Aero-Med will distribute its BreathScan OxiChek, a disposable breath test to rapidly determine levels of oxidative stress in the body, an indicator of overall health in a person.
- Aero-Med has already placed orders for the product. It intends to focus its direct sales efforts on areas with high numbers of anti-aging, functional and integrative health and wellness treatment centers. It will initially target six New England states. Financial terms are not disclosed.
- Akers intends to engage additional distributors for other markets, including chiropractors and multi-level marketing organizations.
Mon, May 23, 12:39 PM
- "Politics is now a topic in every client discussion," say David Kostin and team, and the nature of today's electorate nearly assures a close race, even though prediction markets currently assign a high probability of a Clinton victory.
- When uncertainty rises, consumer staples (NYSEARCA:XLP) typically outperforms, while tech (NYSEARCA:XLK) lags.
- Getting down to names, with protectionism and tax policy two key areas of debate, buy those stocks with high U.S. sales and high effective tax rates, and avoid those with high foreign sales and low tax rates.
- High U.S. sales and high tax rates (buy): Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH), Fidelity National (NYSE:FIS), Discover (NYSE:DFS), AmerisourceBergen (NYSE:ABC), Schwab (NYSE:SCHW), ADP (NASDAQ:ADP), Chipotle (NYSE:CMG), Reynolds America (NYSE:RAI), Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX), Alliance Data (NYSE:ADS), Fiserv (NASDAQ:FISV), Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX), Whole Foods (NASDAQ:WFM), Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM), Intuit (NASDAQ:INTU), Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV).
- High foreign sales and low tax rates (avoid): Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT), Agilent (NYSE:A), Mondelez (NASDAQ:MDLZ), XL Group (NYSE:XL), Waters (NYSE:WAT), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), Transocean (NYSE:RIG), PerkinElmer (NYSE:PKI), Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA), Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX), Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC).
Sun, May 8, 5:07 PM
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) declares $0.4489/share quarterly dividend, 16% increase from prior dividend of $0.387.
- Forward yield 2.34%
- Payable July 15; for shareholders of record July 1; ex-div June 29.
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:54 AM
- Cardinal Health (CAH -5.9%) fiscal Q3 results ($M): Total Revenues: 30,662 (+20.8%); Pharmaceutical: 27,527 (+21.8%); Medical: 3,138 (+13.1%).
- Net Income: 386 (+5.8%); Non-GAAP Net Income: 472 (+19.2%); EPS: 1.17 (+7.3%); Non-GAAP EPS: 1.43 (+20.2%); CF Ops: 919 (+39.7%).
- 2016 Guidance: Non-GAAP EPS: $5.17 - 5.27 from $5.15 - 5.35. Consensus view is $5.28.
Thu, Apr. 28, 7:04 AM
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH): FQ3 EPS of $1.43 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $30.66B (+20.8% Y/Y) beats by $270M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Fri, Mar. 18, 12:56 PM
- Vitae Pharmaceuticals (VTAE +8.2%) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Stifel. Price target set at $15 (105% upside).
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ +0.8%) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral by JP Morgan. Price target raised to $112 (4% upside) from $102.
- HCA Holdings (HCA +2.8%) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral by JP Morgan. Price target raised to $85 (12% upside) from $76.
- Epizyme (EPZM +9.8%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by H.C. Wainwright. Price target raised to $25 (127% upside) from $22.
- Agenus (AGEN +2.7%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $7 (81% upside) price target by Maxim Group.
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO +2.6%) upgraded to 4.5 stars (out of a possible 5.0) by the Vetr Community. The implied price target is $45.47 (17% upside).
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY +3.2%) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral by JP Morgan. Price target lowered to $81 (37% upside) from $111.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD +4.3%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Janney Capital. Price target raised to $12 (59% upside) from $10.
- Pernix Therapeutics Holdings (PTX -5%) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Oppenheimer. $9 price target removed.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX -6.6%) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Nomura. Price target lowered to $60 (116% upside) from $175. Morgan Stanley maintains Equal Weight rating but lowers price target to $39 (40% upside) from $98. Stifel rates it a Buy but lowered its price target to $65 (134% upside) from $200. Rodman & Renshaw rates it a Buy with a $118 (324% upside) price target (from $150). Piper Jaffray downgraded it to Underweight from Neutral with no price target.
- AstraZeneca (AZN -1.5%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Jefferies. Price target lowered to 4,350p (12% upside) from 4,900p.
- Cardinal Health (CAH +1.4%) and McKesson (MCK +4.4%) both downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Cowen & Company. Price targets lowered to $90 (11% upside) and $173 (9% upside), respectively.
Tue, Feb. 2, 4:22 PM
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) declares $0.387/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.99%
- Payable April 15; for shareholders of record April 1; ex-div March 30.
Mon, Feb. 1, 7:02 AM
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH): FQ2 EPS of $1.30 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $31.45B (+23.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.22B.