Wed, Aug. 31, 12:01 PM
Tue, Aug. 30, 5:37 PM
Tue, Aug. 30, 4:12 PM
Mon, Aug. 29, 5:35 PM
Wed, Aug. 24, 5:04 PM
Fri, Aug. 19, 11:14 AM
- Foot Locker (FL +10%) rips higher after posting strong sales growth. The company cited strength in basketball, running, and classic footwear during the quarter.
- Under Armour (NYSE:UA) is up 1.6% and Nike (NYSE:NKE) is 2.7% higher off the strong read on athletic shoe sales.
- Other notable gainers include Skechers (SKX +1%), Wolverine World Wide (WWW +3.4%), Rocky Brands (RCKY +1.5%), Steven Madden (SHOO +1.4%), Caleres (CAL +1%), and Crocs (CROX +1%) -- all ahead of broad market averages.
- An underlying theme continuing to emerge in the shoe sector is that discretionary spending by millennials on the category is stronger than what is being seen in other areas of retail. Also of note, the millennial group has shown loyalty to power brands.
- Previously: Foot Locker beats by $0.04, beats on revenue (Aug. 19)
- Previously: Foot Locker higher on earnings beat and positive comp (Aug. 19)
Fri, May 27, 12:45 PM
Fri, May 27, 12:00 PM
Fri, May 27, 6:55 AM
- BB&T Capital upgrades Caleres (NYSE:CAL) to a Buy rating from Hold after digesting the firm's Q1 report.
- "Overall, we are incrementally more positive on the shares given the reiteration of FY guidance, continued athletic expansion, meaningful share repurchase, clean inventory position, progress achieved on supply chain initiatives and the conservatism that we believe is baked into the H2 outlook," reads the note from analyst Corinna Freedman.
- Freedman and team set a price target of $26 on Caleres. Shares closed yesterday at $21.71 vs. a 52-week trading range of $21.27 to $33.83.
Thu, May 26, 4:17 PM
Wed, May 25, 5:35 PM
Wed, Mar. 16, 9:54 AM
- Caleres (CAL -4.5%) trades lower after citing "uncertainty" as part of its outlook for the first half of the current fiscal year.
- The company's full-year guidance includes an expectation for revenue of $2.65B-$2.68B vs. $2.69B consensus and EPS of $2.00-$2.10 vs. $2.22 consensus.
- Caleres sees capex spending of ~$70M this year.
Tue, Mar. 15, 5:40 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 4:26 PM
- Caleres (NYSE:CAL): Q4 EPS of $0.26 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $608.7M (-1.1% Y/Y) misses by $24.19M.
Mon, Mar. 14, 5:35 PM
Thu, Mar. 3, 5:11 PM
- Caleres (NYSE:CAL) declares $0.07/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.97%
- Payable April 1; for shareholders of record March 21; ex-div March 17.