Brown Shoe: Contemporary Fashion With 50% Upside
Fri, May 27, 12:45 PM
Fri, May 27, 12:00 PM
Fri, May 27, 6:55 AM
- BB&T Capital upgrades Caleres (NYSE:CAL) to a Buy rating from Hold after digesting the firm's Q1 report.
- "Overall, we are incrementally more positive on the shares given the reiteration of FY guidance, continued athletic expansion, meaningful share repurchase, clean inventory position, progress achieved on supply chain initiatives and the conservatism that we believe is baked into the H2 outlook," reads the note from analyst Corinna Freedman.
- Freedman and team set a price target of $26 on Caleres. Shares closed yesterday at $21.71 vs. a 52-week trading range of $21.27 to $33.83.
Thu, May 26, 4:17 PM
Wed, May 25, 5:35 PM
Wed, Mar. 16, 9:54 AM
- Caleres (CAL -4.5%) trades lower after citing "uncertainty" as part of its outlook for the first half of the current fiscal year.
- The company's full-year guidance includes an expectation for revenue of $2.65B-$2.68B vs. $2.69B consensus and EPS of $2.00-$2.10 vs. $2.22 consensus.
- Caleres sees capex spending of ~$70M this year.
Tue, Mar. 15, 5:40 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 4:26 PM
Mon, Mar. 14, 5:35 PM
Thu, Mar. 3, 5:11 PM
Fri, Feb. 26, 11:59 AM
- Foot Locker (FL -4.3%) is lower to reverse an early post-earnings rally.
- The company said during its earnings call that sales were hurt during the last two weeks of January due to Winter Storm Jonas and delayed tax rebate checks.
- Sales were still up 5% during the quarter, with the running category delivering a mid-teen comp.
- Another key point from Foot Locker's call (noted by WSJ's Sara Germano) is the positive appraisal of basketball shoe demand. Foot Locker CEO called out the strong demand for the Jordan (Nike), Kyrie (Nike), and Stephen Curry (Under Armour) line of shoes in particular.
- Peers Finish Line (FINL -1.7%), Caleres (CAL -1%), and Shoe Carnival (SCVL -3.4%) are also lower on the day. Nike (NKE +0.4%) and Under Armour (UA +1.8%) are in positive territory.
- Previously: Foot Locker beats by $0.04, beats on revenue (Feb. 26 2016)
- Previously: Foot Locker up post Q4 results (Feb. 26 2016)
Thu, Feb. 25, 11:22 AM
Dec. 17, 2015, 4:14 PM
- Caleres (NYSE:CAL) declares $0.07/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.03%
- Payable Jan. 4; for shareholders of record Dec. 28; ex-div Dec. 23.
Nov. 25, 2015, 10:09 AM
- Caleres (CAL +6.4%) trades higher after the company bested Q3 profit estimates.
- Sales were essentially flat from the year-ago period, while gross margin and operating margin slipped just a bit.
- Caleres ended the quarter with an inventory position 4% below last year's level.
Nov. 24, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Caleres (NYSE:CAL): Q3 EPS of $0.80 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $728.6M (-0.1% Y/Y) misses by $12.9M.
Nov. 23, 2015, 5:35 PM
Caleres, Inc. is a global footwear retailer and wholesaler. It operates retail shoe stores and e-Commerce websites as well as the design, sourcing and marketing footwear for women and men. The company operates through three segments: Famous Footwear, Wholesale Operations and Specialty Retail.... More
Industry: Specialty Retail, Other
Country: United States
Other News & PR