magicJack VocalTec Communications Ltd.NASDAQ
MagicJack VocalTec: A Sub-$6 Price Seems About Right
Vince Martin • 35 Comments
Vince Martin • 35 Comments
magicJack: The Market Has Gotten Too Pessimistic, Valuation Remains Compelling
Magic Investments • 15 Comments
Magic Investments • 15 Comments
Fri, Feb. 19, 12:23 PM
- MagicJack VocalTec (CALL +1.5%) today launched a new subsidiary devoted to small and medium business, which will produce a dedicated product in Q2.
- It will invest some $10M-$12M into the unit this year to take advantage of a fast-growing category in voice-over-IP service. Its first SMB product offering is in final stages of development, and while this year's revenues aren't expected to be material, the company sees annualized exit revenues of $15M-$20M in 2017 and double-digit ongoing annual revenue growth.
- It's expecting gross margins of 65-70%, and EBITDA margins of 20-25%.
Dec. 9, 2015, 5:40 PM
Nov. 25, 2015, 12:56 PM
- MagicJack VocalTec (NASDAQ:CALL) was down briefly as much as 4.7% after a Street Sweeper article pointed to "perilous declines in users, activations and app users," but has rebounded since early this morning, now up 7.5%.
- "Any smidgen of magic left in magicJack VocalTec is vanishing quicker than street magician David Blaine can make a new quarter disappear," the article posed, setting a "generous" valuation at $5/share.
- The stock had closed at $9.52 yesterday; it's now up to $10.23.
- Volume has already surpassed its daily average, though the biggest blocks came in the early minutes to prompt the decline.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:51 PM
- MagicJack VocalTec (NASDAQ:CALL) is up 7% after hours in the wake of Q3 results featured a solid beat on profits and lower churn though revenue dipped slightly.
- Revenue breakout: Access rights renewal, $16.2M (64% of total); device sales, $4.5M; prepaid minutes, $2M; access and wholesale charges, $1.6M; other, $1.1M.
- The company reported 2.53M active magicJack subscribers at quarter's end after activating 119K subs. Churn dropped to 2.7%.
- Free cash flow was $5.7M; cash and equivalents were $79.6M at quarter's end, against no debt.
- It's boosted full-year guidance on EBITDA to about $34M, above expectations for $32.9M.
- Conference call to come at 5 p.m. ET.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:29 PM
- magicJack VocalTec Communications (NASDAQ:CALL): Q3 EPS of $0.37 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $25.4M (-1.6% Y/Y) in-line.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEGR, AMBC, APEI, APPS, APU, ASEI, ATW, BDE, BEAT, CALL, CARA, CHMI, CKEC, CZR, DEPO, DTSI, EGY, ENV, FF, GALE, HALO, HMIN, IFF, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, JMBA, KEYW, LEAF, LF, LGF, LGND, MDR, MODN, NOR, NSPH, OMER, OPK, PDM, PFIE, PINC, PSIX, PTCT, PTLA, PVA, QNST, RARE, RAX, RBCN, REN, REXX, RLD, RMTI, SB, SBRA, SCLN, SUNE, TERP, TPC, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, TXTR, UGI, VSAT, WWD, XON, XONE, ZGNX
Sep. 17, 2015, 10:39 AM
- MagicJack VocalTec (NASDAQ:CALL) is up 3.5% in early going after announcing a new nationwide deal to once again distribute via RadioShack.
- The stores will sell magicJack GO for $59.95 with 12 months of service, as well as the new lower-cost Express devices, for $39.95 with 3 months of service.
- MagicJack is also offering a five-year service plan for $99.95.
- "Historically, magicJack has been a sought after product in our stores and we are excited to once again partner with this innovative company," says RadioShack's Bruce Hawver.
Aug. 10, 2015, 6:01 PM
- MagicJack VocalTec (NASDAQ:CALL) is up 11.7% in late trading after a Q2 report where non-GAAP EPS of $0.38 beat a consensus of $0.31, though revenues fell nearly 14% from 2014.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $10.1M beat an expected $7.4M.
- Revenue breakout: Access rights renewal, $16.5M; Device sales, $4.2M; Prepaid minutes, $2.1M; Access and wholesale, $1.3M; other, $1.1M.
- The company had about 2.62M active subscribers on June 30 after activating 150K subs. Average monthly churn fell to 2.8%.
- Free cash flow of $6.1M; cash and equivalents at quarter's end were $82.3M, against no debt.
Aug. 10, 2015, 5:40 PM
Aug. 10, 2015, 4:08 PM
- magicJack VocalTec Communications (NASDAQ:CALL): Q2 EPS of $0.38
- Revenue of $25.41M (-13.8% Y/Y)
Aug. 9, 2015, 5:35 PM| Aug. 9, 2015, 5:35 PM | 13 Comments
Jun. 18, 2015, 6:15 PM
- In one of a few moves in meeting today, the FCC voted to give voice over IP (VoIP) providers, like Vonage (NYSE:VG) or magicJack (NASDAQ:CALL), direct access to phone numbers from the numbering authorities.
- That's after 10 years of work on the issue, and after an FCC trial of direct access revealed no problems. The result is likely to be lower costs for companies and consumers in the interconnected system.
- Interconnected VoIP providers –- defined as those capable of placing and receiving calls to and from the traditional phone network -- currently must get numbers from third-party carriers," the agency said. "Allowing these providers to go directly to numbering administrators for phone numbers will benefit consumers by reducing costs and promoting additional competition from these innovative VoIP providers.
- Vonage said in a statement: "Our successful completion of the numbering trial in 2013 proved that Vonage can successfully provide service using telephone numbers we hold directly ... We will be able to provide a higher quality of service to our customers and more rapidly deploy new and innovative features and services, while realizing cost savings for the company."
May 12, 2015, 12:49 PM
May 12, 2015, 9:16 AM
May 11, 2015, 5:40 PM
May 11, 2015, 4:39 PM
- MagicJack VocalTec (NASDAQ:CALL) jumped 9% in after-hours trading after Q1 EPS of $0.31 beat expectations for $0.23.
- Revenues that declined 28% missed consensus expectations, however ($25.5M revenues vs. $26.2M expected). EBITDA was $8M vs. an expected $7M.
- Revenues from the sale of devices were $3.4M; access rights renewal revenues were $17.1M. Prepaid minute revenues were $2.2M; access and wholesale charges, $1.4M.
- The company reported 2.7M active subscribers at quarter's end, after activating 196K subscribers in Q1. Average monthly churn of 3.1%.
- Cash and equivalents increased to $82.9M against no debt; free cash flow stood at $7M in Q1.
- Conference call at 5 p.m. ET.