What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Tue, Feb. 2, 9:00 AM| Tue, Feb. 2, 9:00 AM
- January monthly performance was: -5.46%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: -9%
- $0.15 in dividends were paid in January
- Top 10 Holdings as of 12/31/2015: Targa Resources Corp (TRGP): 1.4%, Cal-Maine Foods Inc (CALM): 1.23%, Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): 1.04%, Theravance Inc (THRX): 0.94%, Pattern Energy Group Inc Class A (PEGI): 0.88%, Regal Entertainment Group (RGC): 0.86%, ALLETE Inc (ALE): 0.74%, WisdomTree MidCap Dividend ETF (DON): 0.73%, Black Hills Corp (BKH): 0.67%, Laclede Group Inc (LG): 0.65%
Dec. 24, 2015, 11:17 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +0.2%) pokes into the green after shares opened with a steep loss, following a reported a surge in FQ2 earnings and revenue that nevertheless came in below Wall Street expectations.
- The miss was driven mostly by modestly lower than expected egg pricing of $1.97/doz. and higher than expected feed costs, while volumes sold came in at 254.2M doz. eggs and volume produced totaled 204.4M doz., both below analyst expectations.
- D.A. Davidson lowers its FY 2016 EPS estimate to $7.36 from $9.95 and its share price target to $60 from $65, but would be buyers on any weakness; while acknowledging the likelihood of short-term volatility, CALM’s push to increase specialty egg production should lead to higher and steadier pricing in the longer term.
Dec. 23, 2015, 5:44 PM
Dec. 23, 2015, 4:07 PM
Dec. 22, 2015, 5:35 PM| Dec. 22, 2015, 5:35 PM | 2 Comments
Dec. 15, 2015, 9:33 AM
- Egg prices fell 4.8% in November to follow a 3.8% slide in October.
- The level of egg prices is still 23.7% higher than a year ago, due largely to the avian flu issue earlier this year.
- Milk prices were also lower during November, down 0.7% M/M and 7.7% Y/Y. The broader dairy category saw price declines of 3.4% Y/Y and 0.6% M/M.
- These are some of the companies that talked about milk or egg prices being a factor during their most recent earnings conference call: CALM, KO, DF, WWAV, GIS, POST, KR, DG, OTCPK:PRRFY, BDBD, GTIM, BOBE, HRL, FLO, JJSF, DENN, MCD.
- BLS CPI data
Oct. 20, 2015, 8:19 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) is downgraded by Stephens to an Equal Weight ratingr after being set previously at Buy.
- The average price target on the Street on Cal-Maine is $65.25 implies marginal upside potential.
- Shares of Cal-Maine have soared 62% YTD off of strong egg pricing trends. A 52-week high of $63.25 was struck yesterday.
- CALM -1.11% premarket to $62.44.
Oct. 1, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) is the latest large food company to say it plans to transition to the use of only cage-free eggs.
- The company plans to make the switch before 2020.
- Within the egg sector, Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) ended the day up 3.41%, although that move may be unrelated to the Starbucks development. However, Cal-Maine is increasing its focus on cage-free egg production through a new JV.
Sep. 28, 2015, 9:13 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) trades lower in early action despite a monster move for its margin rates in FQ1 compared to a year ago.
- The benefit to Cal-Maine's bottom line from the big jump in egg prices came in lower than some optimistic pencil-on-napkin projections.
- Previously: Cal-Maine Foods misses by $0.19, beats on revenue (Sep. 28 2015)
- Previously: More on Cal-Main Foods' FQ1 (Sep. 28 2015)
- CALM -8.85% premarket to $52.52.
Sep. 28, 2015, 7:03 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) reports sales rose 70.9% as the average selling price for shell eggs grew to the record levels of 65.7% to $2.243 per dozen.
- Egg sales rose 2.8% Y/Y to 258.774M.
- Specialty-egg sales accounted for 27.1% of total revenue, down 270 bps Y/Y.
- Gross margin rate improved drastically 2041 bps to 43.13% due to egg prices.
- Operating margin rate increased 2456 bps to 36.09%.
- FQ1 results
Sep. 28, 2015, 6:32 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM): FQ1 EPS of $2.95 misses by $0.19.
- Revenue of $609.9M (+70.9% Y/Y) beats by $9.96M.
Sep. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 31, 2015, 9:55 AM
Aug. 19, 2015, 10:16 AM
- Egg prices rose 3.3% M/M in July, according to BLS data.
- Egg prices were up 25% during the month compared to a year ago on an adjusted basis.
- Shares of Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) are down 1.28% today and are 16% below their highs in May as the company has failed to generate as much profit off of the high prices as some investors anticipated.
- Egg pricing is also a major factor for some restaurants chains with a heavy focus on breakfast. Bob Evans (NASDAQ:BOBE), Denny's (NASDAQ:DENN), and IHOP (NYSE:DIN) top the list.
Jul. 27, 2015, 2:57 PM
- Shares of Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +5.1%) are higher on solid volume to now stand above where they stood before the company's Q2 earnings report prompted some selling pressure.
- Cal-Maine remains well-positioned to benefit from higher egg prices and is set to increase production of specialty eggs through a partnership with Rose Acre Farms.
- Previously: More on Cal-Main Foods' FQ4 (Jul. 20 2015)
- Previously: Cal-Maine Foods -11% early after missing high-flying expectations (Jul. 20 2015)
Jul. 20, 2015, 9:14 AM
Other News & PR