Surprisingly Strong Margins Bode Well For Cameron
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Cameron's Parting Shot Before The Deluge
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, Jan. 28, 7:45 AM
- Cameron (NYSE:CAM): Q4 EPS of $1.08 beats by $0.35.
- Revenue of $2.08B (-25.7% Y/Y) beats by $60M.
Thu, Jan. 21, 5:44 PM
- Schlumberger (NYSE:SLB) +0.5% AH after reporting better than expected Q4 earnings but a 39% Y/Y drop in revenue as it faced a continuing decline in rig activity, project delays and cancellations and other problems resulting from lower oil prices.
- Q4 revenue totaled $7.74B, down from $12.64B in the year-ago period, as revenue in North America plunged 55% Y/Y and revenue for operations outside North America fell 30%.
- SLB says its cost of revenue fell 35% in Q4, partly the result of cutting 10K jobs in the quarter; it had cut 20K jobs earlier in 2015.
- SLB expects to close its acquisition of Cameron (NYSE:CAM) by the end of Q1, and says the large stock component - 78% in stock and 22% in cash - insulates the deal from market volatility.
- SLB also unveils a new $10B share buyback program to replace the 2013 program for the same amount that is nearing completion.
Oct. 22, 2015, 7:42 AM
- Cameron (NYSE:CAM): Q3 EPS of $1.18 beats by $0.36.
- Revenue of $2.21B (-17.5% Y/Y) beats by $40M.
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACAT, ACOR, ADS, AEP, ALK, APOL, ASPS, BCC, BEN, BHE, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CBU, CEMP, COR, CRS, CY, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FNB, GMT, GPK, GRA, HBAN, HUB.B, IVC, JNS, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, NDAQ, NUE, NWE, ORI, PCP, PDS, PENN, PH, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SIRI, SJR, SNA, SQNS, STC, SWK, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WAB, WBC, WCC, XRS
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:43 AM
- Cameron (NYSE:CAM): Q2 EPS of $0.83 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $2.22B (-13.6% Y/Y) beats by $40M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Apr. 23, 2015, 7:40 AM
- Cameron (NYSE:CAM): Q1 EPS of $0.91 beats by $0.21.
- Revenue of $2.27B (-2.6% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
Apr. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
Jan. 29, 2015, 3:58 PM
- Cameron International (CAM -0.1%) CEO Jack Moore tried to reassure investors that while oil producers are asking for price concessions, the company expects it will be able to sell more products to its key customers.
- Rather than "roll over and concede pricing,” CAM plans to push its more efficient surface units and other technology as falling oil prices forces oil companies to cut spending, the CEO Jack Moore said in today's earnings conference call.
- Moore expects CAM will be able to "offset the discounts through more efficiencies internally. But we will not be able to escape it totally.”
- CAM beat Q4 earnings expectations on higher sales from its drilling and surface businesses, but demand is softening for oil equipment as oil prices fall and new orders declined Y/Y to $2B from $3.1B; its year-end 2014 $9.5B backlog was down from $11.1B the previous year.
Jan. 29, 2015, 7:35 AM
- Cameron (NYSE:CAM): Q4 EPS of $1.34 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $2.8B (+2.6% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Jan. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABT, AIT, ALLY, ALV, ALXN, APD, BABA, BAX, BC, BEAV, BMS, BX, CAH, CAM, CELG, CHKP, CL, CLFD, CMS, COH, COP, CRR, CSH, DGX, DHX, DOW, DST, EMC, EPD, F, GLOP, HAE, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUB.B, ITG, IVZ, JBLU, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LRN, LSTR, MD, MJN, MMYT, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOK, NYCB, OSTK, OXY, PENN, PHM, POT, PSX, PSXP, RCI, RCL, RDS.A, RGLD, RGS, RTN, RYL, SHW, SILC, SWK, SXC, TCB, TDY, TKR, TMO, TWC, UBSI, VIAB, VLO, VLY, VRTS, WCC, WILN, WRLD, XEL, ZMH
Oct. 23, 2014, 7:53 AM
- Cameron (NYSE:CAM): Q3 EPS of $1.17 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $2.68B (+15.5% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAL, AB, ACAT, AEP, ALK, ALV, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, AVT, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CFX, CHKP, CLI, CMCSA, CMS, CRI, CRS, CS, CSH, CVE, CWEI, DAN, DGX, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, EQM, EQT, FAF, GM, GMT, GPI, GRUB, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IVC, JAH, JAKK, JBLU, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LO, LSTR, LTM, LUV, MDP, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MTRN, NLSN, NOK, NUE, NWE, ORI, OSIS, OSTK, OXY, PCP, PENN, PHM, PLD, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RS, RTN, RYL, SIAL, SILC, SJR, SLAB, SONS, SQNS, STC, TDY, TROW, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, UTEK, WCC, WSO, YNDX, ZMH
Oct. 16, 2014, 7:55 AM
- Baker Hughes (NYSE:BHI) -10.8% premarket after Q3 earnings rose 10% Y/Y but missed estimates, as political tensions in Libya and Iraq plus a sharp fall in drilling activity in the Gulf of Mexico weighed on margins.
- Q3 pre-tax profit margins in its operations in Europe, Africa and the Russia Caspian region fell to 8% from 17% in the year-ago quarter.
- Revenue of the North American segment, BHI's largest geographic business by revenue, rose 11% to $3.2B, and climbed 6% in the Middle East and Asia Pacific region, 8% in the Europe, Africa and Russia Caspian segment, and 3% in Latin America.
- Oil services stocks (NYSEARCA:OIH) to watch: HAL, SLB. SPN, NOV, CAM, FTI, DRQ.
Jul. 24, 2014, 8:44 AM
- Cameron (NYSE:CAM): Q2 EPS of $1.00 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $2.64B (+19.5% Y/Y) beats by $80M.
Cameron International Corp. designs, manufactures, markets and services equipment used by the oil and gas industry and industrial manufacturing companies. It provides flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries. The company operates through the... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR