What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 15, 2014, 7:54 AM
- The Q-50 Index houses those companies next-eligible for inclusion into the Nasdaq 100 (NASDAQ:QQQ). Amid the Nasdaq 100's annual changes which added and dropped three from the index, the Q-50's quarterly re-ranking adds and drops eleven.
- Added: Ainylam Pharma (NASDAQ:ALNY), Expedia (NASDAQ:EXPE), F5 Networks (NASDAQ:FFIV), JD.com (NASDAQ:JD), MercadoLibre (NASDAQ:MELI), Maxim Integrated (NASDAQ:MXIM), Old Dominion Freight Line (NASDAQ:ODFL), Shire (NASDAQ:SHPG), Splunk (NASDAQ:SPLK), Stratasys (NASDAQ:SSYS), United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR).
- Dropped: Avis Budget (NASDAQ:CAR), Cree (NASDAQ:CREE), First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), Golar LNG (NASDAQ:GLNG), Methanex (NASDAQ:MEOH), Melco Crown (NASDAQ:MPEL), Nuance (NASDAQ:NUAN), SolarCity (NASDAQ:SCTY). Also dropped are the three Nasdaq 100 additions: American Airlines, Lam Research, and Electronic Arts.
- Previously: Who's in, who's out in annual change to Nasdaq 100 (Dec. 13, 2014)
Dec. 4, 2014, 8:33 AM
- Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Avis Budget (NASDAQ:CAR) with an Outperform rating.
- The investment firm assigns a lush price target of $72.
- No premarket trades yet on the car rental stock.
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:31 PM
- Avis Budget (NASDAQ:CAR): Q3 EPS of $1.91 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $2.54B (+6.3% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, ACHC, ACMP, AEGN, AEM, AFOP, AHL, AIZ, AKAM, ALDW, ALL, ANIK, ARAY, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, AUY, AXS, BGC, BIDU, BLKB, BMR, CACI, CALX, CAR, CATM, CAVM, CBG, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLD, CLUB, CMO, CNW, CRL, CRUS, CSGP, CSII, CUZ, CW, CWT, DAC, DRE, DRIV, DWA, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISH, FLEX, FLTX, FMC, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, GLUU, HBI, HOS, HT, IPI, IRG, ISIL, JDSU, KEX, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MASI, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MTGE, MUR, NCLH, NE, NEU, NEWP, NSIT, OII, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PRXL, PSMI, PVA, QGEN, QTM, QUIK, RFMD, RGR, RJF, RNG, RRC, RRTS, RST, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SLCA, SPN, SPRT, SSNC, SSS, STR, SU, TEX, TFSL, TGB, TGI, THG, TRLA, TTMI, TTWO, UNM, V, VECO, VGR, VPRT, VR, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW
Oct. 1, 2014, 11:34 AM
- Avis Budget (CAR -6%) is in a deal-making mode, according to CFO David Wysher.
- Wysher told the audience at an investor conference that the company has three tuck-in acquisition on the table for discussion.
- The exec said one of the deals was north of the $50M mark.
- Avis Budget presentation at the Deutsche Bank Leveraged Finance Conference.
Sep. 30, 2014, 2:37 PM
- Shares of Avis Budget (CAR -5.5%) are lower after management warns that fleet costs could be on the high end of its guidance.
- The company is presenting today at a Deutsche Bank conference.
- Hertz (HTZ -2.9%) has skipped lower as well off the outlook from its peer.
Aug. 19, 2014, 5:59 PM
- Hertz (NYSE:HTZ) now expects 2014 results to be "well below the low end" of prior guidance due to "operational challenges in the rental car and equipment segments," and its ongoing accounting review.
- The "challenges" include heavy vehicle recall activity, "significantly higher-than-expected" U.S. opex, "issues and delays" in the installation of ERP and counter systems, and "continued soft demand" in the equipment rental market.
- Hertz's audit committee has "directed the Company to conduct a review of the financial records for fiscal years 2011, 2012 and 2013 and their impact, if any, on 2014." Hertz notes additional errors might be found.
- U.S. rental car revenue rose 4% Y/Y in Q2; rental car revenue/day rose "slightly." International rental car revenue rose 7%, and equipment rental revenue 1%.
- Lead independent director George W. Tamke is resigning, and will be replaced by director Linda Fayne Levinson. Rent A Car Americas chief Scott Sider is retiring. Sider's responsibilities will be assumed by other execs.
- Avis (NASDAQ:CAR) is following Hertz lower.
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:18 PM
- With a Q2 beat on the books, Avis (NASDAQ:CAR) now expects 2014 revenue of $8.6B-$8.7B, above an $8.49B consensus. Full-year EPS guidance of $2.75-$3.05 is in-line with a $2.88 consensus.
- Rental days rose 8% Y/Y in Q2. Excluding the Payless acquisition, North American volume rose 5% Y/Y, and pricing 4%. International rental days grew 2%, and total revenue per rental day 6%.
- North American revenue +12% Y/Y to $1.43B (slightly lifted by Payless). International revenue +7% to $667M. Truck rental revenue -2% to $100M.
- $75M was spent on buybacks Avis plans to spend $225M-$300M on buybacks in 2014.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 4, 2014, 4:18 PM
- Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ:CAR): Q2 EPS of $0.68 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $2.19B (+9.5% Y/Y) beats by $60M.
- Shares +4.9%.
Aug. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, ACXM, AEIS, AIG, ANV, APL, AREX, BRS, CAR, CHGG, CKEC, CKP, CNQR, CRK, CUTR, DRC, ECOM, ELNK, ENH, EOX, EPAM, GTAT, ININ, IRWD, JMBA, KAMN, KONA, LF, LLNW, LMNS, MCEP, MDR, MRO, MWA, NLS, OGS, OTTR, PHH, PL, PLOW, PXD, QLYS, REGI, ROSE, RP, RTEC, SALE, SNHY, THC, TNET, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, VNO, VNR, VVC, WAGE, Y
Jun. 2, 2014, 2:52 PM
- The Pennsylvania Insurance Department is out with a warning to motorists to check their insurance policies before jumping into a ride-sharing program.
- Insurance coverage for vehicles being driven by someone other than an owner in a ride-sharing program is limited in many cases, notes the group.
- The development could be a concern for ride-sharing players such as Lyft (owned by GSV Capital), Zipcar (CAR), and Uber.
Jun. 2, 2014, 1:49 PM
May 7, 2014, 4:22 PM
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): Q1 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $1.86B (+10.1% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
May 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ANAC, ANDE, APU, AR, ASYS, ATLS, ATO, AVG, AWK, BALT, BKD, BODY, BREW, BRKR, CAR, CDE, CDXS, CF, CLR, CODI, COUP, CSLT, CTL, CTRP, CXW, CZR, DCTH, DK, DYN, ERII, ESS, EXPD, FANG, FMI, FNV, FURX, GEOS, GMCR, GPOR, GTAT, GTY, HAIN, HK, HNSN, IL, IPAR, KGC, KIM, KND, KW, LCI, LGP, LHCG, LPSN, LXU, MCP, MDR, MHLD, MIDD, MKL, MM, MRIN, MWE, NKTR, NLY, NRP, NSTG, NVAX, NVEC, NVTL, OSUR, PAA, PGTI, PHH, PL, PMT, PNNT, PODD, POWR, PRU, QEP, QTM, RATE, REG, RIG, RNDY, RST, SCMP, SCTY, SD, SFM, SN, SWM, TCAP, TGB, TGI, TROX, TSLA, TWO, TWTC, TXTR, UGI, UIL, UNM, WGL, WR, WTR, XOMA, Z.
Feb. 19, 2014, 4:20 PM
- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (CAR): Q4 EPS of $0.15 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.85B (+8.8% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Feb. 19, 2014, 12:10 AM| Feb. 19, 2014, 12:10 AM | 5 Comments
Other News & PR