Chubb Ltd. - Bigger And Better In A Soft Market
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Chubb: Detailed Analysis Of A High Quality Insurer
Zero Gravitas • 97 Comments
Zero Gravitas • 97 Comments
Steady-On At Top-Notch Underwriter Chubb
Yesterday, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Tue, Jul. 12, 4:35 PM
- In light of the elevated number of natural catastrophes in Q2, Chubb (NYSE:CB) provides an estimate for what it suffered - $390M, or $315M after-tax. This stands against the company's internal projection for $280M pretax.
- "The company expects this special disclosure will further investors' understanding of the new Chubb and contribute to the accuracy of the investment community's financial models," says CFO Philip Bancroft.
Mon, Jul. 11, 3:55 PM
- With the stock price above $130, it's a "good time for investors to take their foot off the gas a little," says Charles Sebaski, downgrading Chubb (CB -0.2%) to Market Perform from Outperform. He remains bullish on the long-term prospects, but after a 25% Y/Y run higher, it's time to "wait for a better entry point."
- Checking the rest of BMO's property & casualty coverage, Outperform-rated names are James River Group (JRVR +0.4%), Hanover Insurance (THG +0.5%), Arthur J. Gallagher (AJG +0.6%). Market Perform: AIG (AIG +0.6%), Travelers (TRV +0.1%), Aon (AON +0.6%), Brown & Brown (BRO -0.7%), Marsh & McLennan (MMC).
Thu, May 19, 10:01 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:05 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Thu, Feb. 25, 10:57 AM
Tue, Jan. 26, 5:37 PM
- Chubb (NYSE:CB): Q4 EPS of $2.38 beats by $0.12.
- Revenue of $3.63B (-4.5% Y/Y) misses by $270M.
Mon, Jan. 25, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 15, 9:29 AM
Thu, Jan. 14, 6:25 PM
- As expected, ACE Limited (ACE -0.2%; +1.8% after hours) has closed on its acquisition of Chubb (NYSE:CB), for $29.5B in cash and stock, and now takes on Chubb's name as its own.
- ACE will begin trading tomorrow on NYSE using the CB symbol as well.
- The move creates the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer, with (pro forma) market cap of $51.2B, total assets of about $150B, and annual gross written premiums of $37B.
- The two have been in extensive integration planning since their July announcement, ACE says, and it expects annual pretax expense savings of about $650M by 2018. The deal should be immediately accretive to EPS and book value, and to be accretive to ROE (and to EPS on a double-digit basis) by year three.
- Its new name of Chubb Limited will be official in a few days with publication from the Swiss Commercial Register.
- Previously: EXR, USCR, WWE up in late trading on S&P index changes (Jan. 13 2016)
Thu, Jan. 14, 5:40 PM
Wed, Jan. 13, 5:54 PM
- Self-storage REIT Extra Space Storage (NYSE:EXR) is up 2% after hours as it's set to join the S&P 500 after the close of trading Friday.
- The company is replacing Chubb (CB -0.7%), which is being acquired by ACE Ltd. (already in S&P 500) in a deal expected to close tomorrow. Ace will change its name to Chubb and take over the CB ticker symbol after that closure.
- EPR Properties (NYSE:EPR) will replace Extra Space Storage in the S&P MidCap 400, and U.S. Concrete (NASDAQ:USCR) is replacing EPR in the SmallCap 600 after Friday's close. USCR is up 4.1% after hours.
- With Wausau Paper (NYSE:WPP) set to be acquired by SCA around Jan. 20, World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE), up 4.1% after hours, is replacing Wausau in the SmallCap 600 after the close that day.
Dec. 3, 2015, 10:44 AM
- Chubb (NYSE:CB) declares $0.57/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.75%
- Payable Jan. 5; for shareholders of record Dec. 18; ex-div Dec. 16.
Oct. 20, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Chubb (NYSE:CB): Q3 EPS of $2.60 beats by $0.60.
- Revenue of $3.17B (flat Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Oct. 19, 2015, 5:35 PM
Chubb Ltd. engages in the provision of insurance business. It provides a range of insurance solutions including commercial, personal property, casualty, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse clients. The company was founded on January... More
Industry: Property & Casualty Insurance
Country: United States
Other News & PR