Cincinnati Bell Turns A Corner
An Interesting Turnaround Is Happening At Cincinnati Bell
Mike Arnold • 14 Comments
Mike Arnold • 14 Comments
Thu, May 5, 7:17 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Fri, Feb. 19, 2:57 PM
- Despite some success with its Fioptics offering -- record-high activations and 34% higher revenue in Q4 -- Cincinnati Bell (CBB +0.3%) will slow its fiber-to-the-home expansion next year as penetration grows.
- The build is "100% success-based," says CEO Ted Torbeck, "and as long as we see the returns that are appropriate we're going to continue to build ... We anticipate by the end of the year we'll be somewhere over 60 percent and we fully anticipate that we'll be getting close to the upper range where in 2017 our build will decline significantly."
- Costs are also growing as the build gets more complete. Once margins drop far enough, the company will stop building, Torbeck says.
- The company's Fioptics video subscribers grew by 5,600 in Q4 to a total of 114,400 (25% higher than 2014's end). Fioptics Internet subscribers were up 35% to a record 153,700.
- For the full year, the company passed 97,000 units with Fioptics, and the suite of products is now available to 432,000 customers, "53% of greater Cincinnati."
- Previously: Cincinnati Bell -9.3% despite Q4 revenue beat (Feb. 18 2016)
- Related: Cincinnati Bell's (NYSE:CBB) CEO Ted Torbeck on Q4 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript (Feb. 18 2016)
Thu, Feb. 18, 11:25 AM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB) has dipped 9.3% today following a Q4 report where revenues that fell 2% still beat expectations.
- Revenues in its Entertainment and Communications segment that were flat for the quarter still grew annually for the second straight year. Full-year EBITDA was $302M, above an expected $293.3M.
- Revenue by segment: Entertainment and Communications, $187.8M (flat); IT Services and Hardware, $104.5M (down 5%).
- Proceeds from monetizing the company's investment in CyrusOne came to $644M during the year, after the company monetized 1.4M common shares in Q4 for $48M in cash.
- Its remaining investment in CyrusOne, about 9.5%, is valued about $250M.
- It's guiding to 2016 revenues of $1.2B, and adjusted EBITDA of $297M-$309M.
- Press Release
Thu, Feb. 18, 7:36 AM
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:30 PM
- AAN, AAWW, AGIO, ALE, BCC, CAB, CBB, CHH, COT, CVI, CVRR, DAN, DISCA, DISH, DNR, DUK, EIGI, ETR, GEL, GOV, H, HCN, HII, HOT, IDA, IDCC, IQNT, IRT, LDOS, LH, MFA, MGM, MNTA, MPEL, MTRN, MZOR, NHI, NI, ONE, PAAS, PCG, POOL, PPP, PRGO, RS, SCG, SIX, SODA, SYNT, TK, TNK, TTC, UAN, UPL, VA, VAL, WAB, WM, WMT, WST
Nov. 4, 2015, 2:16 PM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB) has dipped 6.3% after Q3 results where the company beat expectations, though costs rose in its Entertainment & Communications segment and revenues slipped for IT Services and Hardware.
- Revenue overall was down 0.5%, but rose slightly after excluding revenue from services provided to the discontinued wireless business. Income from continuing operations of $79M got a $118M boost from the sale of 6M CyrusOne partnership units.
- Revenue by segment: Entertainment & Communications, $185.4M (up 1%); IT Services and Hardware, $117M (down 3%).
- The company's Fioptics video and Internet net activations both increased more than 30%. It added 21,000 new video subscribers Y/Y (ending with 108,800) and 10,800 Internet subscribers (ending with 281,300).
- It reiterated full-year guidance for revenue of $1.1B (vs. consensus of $1.137B) and EBITDA of $297M (above an expected $291.3M).
Nov. 4, 2015, 7:21 AM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB): Q3 EPS of $0.37 beats by $0.34.
- Revenue of $299.8M (-0.5% Y/Y) beats by $18.69M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC
Jul. 30, 2015, 11:05 AM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB) is down 1.9% this morning after results that were largely in line considering the effects of its continuing divestment of its partnership with CyrusOne.
- Net income of $191.6M (including income from discontinued operations) was up 68%. The company took a $295M gain on the sale of 14M partnership units in CyrusOne. Adjusted EBITDA of $75M beat an expected $73.4M.
- Revenue by segment: Entertainment and Communications, $182.4M (down 1%); IT Services and Hardware, $106.3M (up 5%).
- Total voice lines declined to 535,600 from Q1's 537,400 and a year-ago 562,300. Of those, business voice lines did increase to 309,900 from Q1's 306,900. Internet subscribers increased to 275,100 (142,700 DSL, 132,400 Fioptics) from Q1's 272,700 and a year-ago 270,300.
- The company reaffirmed full-year guidance of $1.1B in revenues (light of consensus expectations of $1.14B) and adjusted EBITDA of $297M, plus or minus 2% (vs. an expected $295.1M).
Jul. 30, 2015, 7:40 AM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB): Q2 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $285.8M (+1.0% Y/Y) beats by $5.21M.
Jul. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AB, ACI, ACIW, ACOR, ACRE, ADP, ALKS, ALLE, ALU, ALXN, AMRC, APD, AVP, AWI, AZN, BC, BCO, BG, BLL, BUD, BWA, BWEN, CAH, CBB, CBM, CBR, CCE, CCJ, CEVA, CI, CL, CME, COP, COT, CPN, CRL, CRR, CRS, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DCIX, DFT, DLPH, EDR, EME, ENTG, EPD, ERJ, ESI, EXLS, FCAU, FCN, FIG, FMS, GG, GHM, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GVA, HEES, HOT, HP, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IDXX, INGR, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, IVZ, KMT, LBY, LINE, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDLZ, MDP, MDXG, MMYT, MOBL, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTRN, MWW, NAVB, NICE, NMM, NNN, NOK, NTCT, ODFL, OSK, OXY, PBI, PCRX, PES, PF, PG, PNK, PNW, POT, PRFT, PWE, RDS.A, RFP, RTIX, RYAM, RYL, SC, SCG, SEE, SHOO, SHOP, SMP, SNE, SNMX, SSYS, SUI, SWK, TASR, TDY, TE, TEX, TFX, TKR, TMUS, TWC, TWI, UAN, UFS, UPL, VA, VG, VICL, VLO, VLY, WST, WWE, XEL, XRAY, XYL, YNDX, ZBH
May 7, 2015, 7:22 AM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB): Q1 EPS of -$0.01 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $292.9M (+3.8% Y/Y) beats by $11.92M.
May 6, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACHN, ACRE, AEE, AGIO, AKRX, ALE, ALU, AMRC, APA, APO, ARCP, ARIA, AXAS, BABA, BDBD, BDX, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDW, CECE, CHD, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CONE, COT, COTY, CRIS, CSIQ, DFT, DNOW, DWRE, ENZY, FIG, FSYS, GLP, GOGO, GOLD, GSM, HII, HILL, HL, HPT, INSY, INXN, IRC, IT, KATE, LEAF, LIOX, LPI, LQDT, LXP, MFC, MGA, MITL, MMS, MPEL, MPW, MT, MWW, MZOR, NCLH, NICE, NJR, NRP, NXST, OGE, ONE, OWW, PCLN, PDCE, PGEM, PMC, PPL, PRFT, RDEN, REGN, RESI, REV, RFP, RGEN, RICE, RRD, RSTI, RWLK, SATS, SEAS, SFY, SNAK, SNI, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STE, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, THS, TIME, TLM, TLP, TU, USAC, VC, VTG, WAC, WIN, WPG, WPP, WRES
Feb. 19, 2015, 7:10 AM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB): Q4 EPS of -$0.10 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $308.4M (flat Y/Y) beats by $21.75M.
Cincinnati Bell, Inc. is a full-service regional provider of entertainment, data and voice communications services over wire line and wireless networks. The company operates through the following segments: Wire Line, and IT Services & Hardware. The Wireline segment offers data services, such as... More
Industry: Telecom Services - Domestic
Country: United States
Other News & PR