Mon, Sep. 19, 5:23 PM
- Newsy, the bite-size streaming news network acquired by E.W. Scripps (SSP +0.8%), is making its first move to TV, thanks to Cincinnati Bell (CBB -0.5%).
- Newsy is headed to channel 508 on Cincinnati Bell's Fioptics TV service, sitting among local broadcast affiliates on the Fioptics "dial."
- "Cable is still the most powerful television viewing platform in the world," says Newsy GM Blake Sabatinelli.
- Newsy Live, a regularly updated feed of news headlines, will populate the new channel.
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:48 PM| Fri, Sep. 16, 12:48 PM
Tue, Sep. 13, 7:58 PM
- Cincinnati Bell (CBB -3.8%) today said it plans to offer $425M in debt due 2024, and launched a tender offer for debt coming due in 2020.
- Proceeds from selling the $425M in senior notes due 2024 will be applied along with cash on hand to buy outstanding 8.375% senior notes due 2020.
- There's $397.1M outstanding in the 2020 notes; the company's offering $1,032.50 in consideration for each $1,000 principal in the tender offer, which expires next Monday at 5 p.m. ET.
Thu, Sep. 1, 5:06 PM
- Cincinnati Bell (CBB -1%) has changed up its C-suite, naming Andrew Kaiser its new chief financial officer, and Leigh Fox the company's new president and chief operating officer.
- Fox -- who has been CFO since 2013 -- will turn attention to overseeing operations, sales and customer care, both for the Entertainment & Communications Segment and the IT Services & Hardware Segment. He's been with Cincinnati Bell since 2001.
- Kaiser joined the company initially in 2000 and rejoined in 2014, and most recently was VP of Consumer Marketing & Data Analytics.
- Both will report to CEO Ted Torbeck.
Thu, Aug. 4, 7:16 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, ACRE, ACTA, AGCO, AGIO, AKRX, ALSK, AMCX, AME, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APLP, ARRY, AYR, BBW, BCE, BCRX, BDX, BLL, CBB, CCOI, CHD, CHK, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CPK, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DNR, DUK, DW, ELOS, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FMSA, GLDD, GLOG, GOGO, GTN, HAR, HGG, HII, HL, HMHC, HRC, HSC, HSIC, HSNI, ICPT, IMGN, IOC, IPCC, IRM, IT, ITCI, ITT, K, KOP, LBY, LFUS, LGND, LIOX, LPX, LQDT, LXRX, MFC, MGM, MGP, MITL, MMS, MNTA, MPEL, MPG, MPW, NAO, NERV, NGS, NOK, NSAM, NXTM, OGE, OMAM, OMF, ORBC, PBH, PCRX, PGNX, PGTI, PH, PLUG, PPP, PRFT, PRIM, PRTY, PWR, QSR, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, ROLL, RVLT, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SGM, SHLX, SNR, SPAR, SPH, SRE, SSTK, SSYS, STFC, STOR, STWD, TDY, TEVA, THS, TICC, TIME, TK, TNK, TOO, TSEM, TVPT, TWI, UAM, UNT, USAC, USCR, VIAB, VLP, VWR, WIN, WPC, WRK, XLRN
Tue, Aug. 2, 6:22 PM
- Cincinnati Bell (CBB -3.4%) shareholders have signed off on a 1-for-5 reverse split for common shares.
- The vote took place at a special shareholder meeting today authorizing directors to undertake a split at their discretion.
- At a meeting today, the board set Oct. 5 as the effective date.
- Shares are up 32.8% YTD. The company is set to report earnings before the bell Thursday.
Fri, Jun. 17, 5:34 PM
Fri, Jun. 17, 4:42 PM
- "Additional fiber investment should help improve growth trajectory of the wireline business and could make Cincinnati Bell (CBB +7.2%) a more attractive acquisition candidate for a larger telecom or cable company in the medium-to-long term, once the company further reduces leverage," wrote Gabelli's Sergey Dluzhevsky in an upbeat note today.
- He considers telcos looking to add "fiber-rich wireline properties," such as Frontier and Consolidated Communications, as potential acquirers. P-E firms and "communications groups comfortable owning both cable and telecom assets" are also mentioned.
- Dluzhevsky expects CBB to unload its remaining stake in data center owner CyrusOne over the next 12 months, and use the funds to pay down debt. He also forecasts the availability of CBB's Fioptics fiber service within its territory will rise to 65%+ by the end of 2017 from a current 57%, and considers the company's IT services business another growth driver. "Our private market value (PMV) estimate for Cincinnati Bell is $4.65 per share in 2017, growing to $6.85 per share in 2020 (with interest in CyrusOne marked to model)."
- Shares jumped to new 52-week highs today. They're up 20% YTD.
Thu, May 5, 7:17 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Wed, Apr. 13, 6:39 PM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB) has established a new unit, Cincinnati Bell Business, in order to serve small and medium business in the Cincinnati area.
- That means a universe of about 50,000 customers, CB's Greg Wheeler tells the Cincinnati Business Courier. "The approach we need to take going forward is to recognize the IT community that supports them. For too long Cincinnati Bell has ignored those IT vendors, and we're really committed to rebuilding that program."
- CBTS would have served those customers before, but is better suited for bigger enterprises.
- The new division will offer remotely hosted cloud voice services along with conferencing capabilities, high-speed Internet, and public and private Wi-Fi, as well as a chance to market on the company's Connect Cincinnati free Wi-Fi mobile app.
- Now read Cincinnati Bell: Strong Growth, Improving Fundamentals, Declining Share Price »
Fri, Feb. 19, 2:57 PM
- Despite some success with its Fioptics offering -- record-high activations and 34% higher revenue in Q4 -- Cincinnati Bell (CBB +0.3%) will slow its fiber-to-the-home expansion next year as penetration grows.
- The build is "100% success-based," says CEO Ted Torbeck, "and as long as we see the returns that are appropriate we're going to continue to build ... We anticipate by the end of the year we'll be somewhere over 60 percent and we fully anticipate that we'll be getting close to the upper range where in 2017 our build will decline significantly."
- Costs are also growing as the build gets more complete. Once margins drop far enough, the company will stop building, Torbeck says.
- The company's Fioptics video subscribers grew by 5,600 in Q4 to a total of 114,400 (25% higher than 2014's end). Fioptics Internet subscribers were up 35% to a record 153,700.
- For the full year, the company passed 97,000 units with Fioptics, and the suite of products is now available to 432,000 customers, "53% of greater Cincinnati."
- Previously: Cincinnati Bell -9.3% despite Q4 revenue beat (Feb. 18 2016)
- Related: Cincinnati Bell's (NYSE:CBB) CEO Ted Torbeck on Q4 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript (Feb. 18 2016)
Thu, Feb. 18, 11:25 AM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB) has dipped 9.3% today following a Q4 report where revenues that fell 2% still beat expectations.
- Revenues in its Entertainment and Communications segment that were flat for the quarter still grew annually for the second straight year. Full-year EBITDA was $302M, above an expected $293.3M.
- Revenue by segment: Entertainment and Communications, $187.8M (flat); IT Services and Hardware, $104.5M (down 5%).
- Proceeds from monetizing the company's investment in CyrusOne came to $644M during the year, after the company monetized 1.4M common shares in Q4 for $48M in cash.
- Its remaining investment in CyrusOne, about 9.5%, is valued about $250M.
- It's guiding to 2016 revenues of $1.2B, and adjusted EBITDA of $297M-$309M.
Thu, Feb. 18, 7:36 AM
- Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB): Q4 EPS of $0.02 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $289.3M (-1.9% Y/Y) beats by $2.91M.
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:30 PM
- AAN, AAWW, AGIO, ALE, BCC, CAB, CBB, CHH, COT, CVI, CVRR, DAN, DISCA, DISH, DNR, DUK, EIGI, ETR, GEL, GOV, H, HCN, HII, HOT, IDA, IDCC, IQNT, IRT, LDOS, LH, MFA, MGM, MNTA, MPEL, MTRN, MZOR, NHI, NI, ONE, PAAS, PCG, POOL, PPP, PRGO, RS, SCG, SIX, SODA, SYNT, TK, TNK, TTC, UAN, UPL, VA, VAL, WAB, WM, WMT, WST