Thu, Apr. 23, 6:33 AM| Comment!
Mon, Mar. 16, 4:50 PM
- The CVRs had been issued to former shareholders of Southern Community Financial Corporation when Capital Financial (NASDAQ:CBF) acquired it in October 2012. CBF will pay $1 each for the CVRs, plus another $0.03 to those who delivered their consent prior to March 13.
- The company also announces an additional share repurchase of up to $100M of common stock, or about 7.6% of the float at today's closing price.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, Jan. 29, 6:35 AM| Comment!
Oct. 16, 2014, 7:42 AM| Comment!
Jul. 24, 2014, 6:56 AM| Comment!
Apr. 17, 2014, 4:59 PM
Jan. 23, 2014, 7:22 AM
Nov. 14, 2013, 5:57 PM
- Intrexon (XON) +4.8% AH after David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital reveals it opened a ~2.1M-share position in the biotech company that went public in August. (13F)
- Greenlight also started positions in NVR and Tempur Sealy (TPX), and added large stakes in WPX Energy (WPX) and Spirit AeroSystems (SPR); it closed positions on Oaktree Capital (OAK), State Bank Financial (STBZ) and Capital Bank Financial (CBF), while selling 20% of its shares in Rite Aid (RAD).
- Its biggest positions are still in Apple (AAPL), 21.1% of the portfolio; GM, 11.3%; and Marvell Technology (MRVL), 9.4%.
Oct. 17, 2013, 6:24 AM
Sep. 25, 2013, 8:22 AM
- It's capital returns for Capital Bank Financial (CBF) which announces a $100M share repurchase program.
- Capital Bank is one of several small banks which drew the interest of P-E firms amid the financial crisis, and one of just a handful in which their investment hasn't paid off in a big way.
- Press release.
Aug. 7, 2013, 3:59 PM
- It's harvest time in the banking sector for private equity - which racked up median gains of more than 50% investing in a slew of banks between 2008 and 2010, according to KBW.
- Among those where P-E is now a seller: Boston Private Financial (BPFH), First Republic Bank (FRC), Webster Financial (WBS), Wintrust Financial (WTFC).
- The biggest gains - topping 100% - were in BankUnited (BKU), Bridge Capital (BBNK), First Merchants (FRME), and Sterling Financial (STSA).
- No one bats 100% and P-E is under water in Capital Bank (CBF), Flagstar (FBC), Porter (PBIB), and Sun Bancorp (SNBC).
Jul. 24, 2013, 6:11 AM
May. 30, 2013, 1:05 PMMore on Huntington Bancshares (HBAN +2.5%) (previous): Along with Capital Bank Financial (CBF +0.2%), Merrill's Erika Penala sees Huntington as the regional player "best positioned" to defend net interest margins. At the Bernstein Conference today, CEO Stephen Steinour noted Huntington's NIM is off just 5 bps over the last 3 years, vs. 20 for its peer group. Valuation helps too, Penala pointing out HBAN trades at a 25% P/E discount to its competitors. | Comment!
Jan. 30, 2013, 8:13 AM
Oct. 23, 2012, 8:36 AM
CBF vs. ETF Alternatives
Capital Bank Financial Corp is a bank holding company. It operates 162 branches in Florida, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. It offers commercial and consumer loans and deposits, as well as ancillary financial services.
Other News & PR