Is Christopher & Banks The Next Coldwater Creek?
Christopher & Banks: A Successful Turnaround
Sep. 21, 2015, 6:45 PM
- Toro (NYSE:TTC) is taking SPX's (SPW) spot in the S&P MidCap 400 following Thursday's close. SPX and Core-Mark (NASDAQ:CORE), meanwhile, will replace Toro and soon-to-be-acquired DealerTrak in the S&P SmallCap 600. (PR)
- SPX's SPX Flow (NYSE:FLOW) spinoff will replace Christopher & Banks (NYSE:CBK) in the S&P 600 following Friday's close. S&P states CBK "is ranked near the bottom of the S&P SmallCap 600 and is no longer appropriate for that index."
- TTC +1.3% after hours. CORE +3.9%. CBK -3.6%.
Sep. 10, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Christopher & Banks (NYSE:CBK) reports same-store sales fell 12.4% in Q2.
- Gross margin rate declined 240 bps to 32.9%.
- SG&A expense rate increased 220 bps to 31.5%.
- Q3 Guidance: Net sales: $101M to $105M; Gross margin rate:-320 bps to -400 bps Y/Y; SG&A expense: ~$34.3M to $34.8M; D&A: ~$3.1M; Tax rate: ~45%; Average store count: -3% Y/Y.
- FY2015 Guidance:Net sales: D&A: $12M to $12.5M; Capex: ~$27M to $28M; Tax rate: ~40%; Average store count: ~-4% Y/Y.
Sep. 10, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Christopher & Banks (NYSE:CBK): Q2 EPS of -$0.02 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $94M (-11.8% Y/Y) misses by $5.67M.
Sep. 9, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 17, 2015, 9:15 AM
Aug. 14, 2015, 3:47 PM| Aug. 14, 2015, 3:47 PM | 2 Comments
Aug. 14, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jul. 20, 2015, 8:04 AM
- Christopher & Banks (NYSE:CBK) says it's in the process of complying to all records demands in compliance with the law.
- The statement is in response to the noise that Macellum Advisors has made over the sale of stock by insiders ahead of a guidance cut.
- C&B says all the sales were part of the company's pre-cleared stock trading policy.
- Previously: Macellum concerned over insider sales at Christopher & Banks (Jul. 10 2015)
Jul. 14, 2015, 3:09 PM
- A weak read on demand for apparel in today's Retail Sales report is contributing to a down day for some stocks in the sector.
- Notable decliners include Aeropostale (ARO -2.8%), Pacific Sunwear (PSUN -5.3%), DSW (DSW -4.8%), Christopher & Banks (CBK -4.9%), Stage Stores (SSI -2.2%).
- Previously: June Retail Sales miss expectations (Jul. 14 2015)
- Previously: Retail sales: No help from department stores (Jul. 14 2015)
Jul. 10, 2015, 12:01 PM
Jun. 18, 2015, 7:21 AM
- Macellum delivers a harsh letter to the board at Christopher & Banks (NYSE:CBK) after seeing its request for board representation denied.
- The activist investment firm reiterates that it believes C&B should consider strategic alternatives including selling itself.
- Macellum holds 5.1% of the shares in the women's apparel retailer.
- Shares of CBK are down 48% over the last year.
Jun. 9, 2015, 8:14 AM
- Christopher & Banks (NYSE:CBK) reports same-store sales decreased 11.7% in Q1.
- Gross margin rate fell 150 bps to 35.2%.
- Q2 Guidance: Net sales: $100M to $103M; Gross margin rate: flat to +50 bps; SG&A expense: ~$32.5M to $33.5M.
- FY2015 Guidance:Net sales: $416M to $423M; Gross margin rate: +30 bps to +80 bps; SG&A expense: ~$132.5M to $135.5M; D&A: $12.5M to $13M; Capex: ~$30M to $32M; Tax rate: ~42%; Average store count: ~-3% Y/Y.
Jun. 9, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Christopher & Banks (NYSE:CBK): Q1 EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $91.6M (-11.4% Y/Y) misses by $1.46M.
Jun. 7, 2015, 5:35 PM
Apr. 13, 2015, 7:01 AM
Mar. 30, 2015, 7:05 AM
- Christopher & Banks (NYSE:CBK) names Edwin Holman to its board of directors.
- The addition of Holman takes the size of the board to nine members.
- Holman is the former interim CEO at The Pantry and a top exec at Macy's.
Christopher & Banks Corp. operates as a retailer of women's apparel and accessories. The company owns and operates retail stores through its subsidiaries, Christopher & Banks, Inc. and Christopher & Banks Co. It also operates eCommerce web sites, including www.christopherandbanks.com and... More
Industry: Apparel Stores
Country: United States
Other News & PR