Cracker Barrel Country Stores: Why You Can't Short This Stock
Shaun Currie, CFA
Shaun Currie, CFA
Wed, Jun. 1, 12:32 PM
- Cracker Barrel (CBRL +8%) soars after the company opens up the coffers for a special dividend following its profit beat.
- The restaurant chain impressed during the quarter by striking a higher average ticket to help offset the decline in traffic that has plagued the restaurant sector.
- Cracker Barrel expects to see a 2.0% to 2.5% gain in comparable-store sales for the full year which is ahead of the forecasts from many peers.
- Previously: Cracker Barrel beats by $0.02, misses on revenue (June 1)
- Previously: Cracker Barrel declares quarterly dividend of $1.15/share, special dividend of $3.25/share (June 1)
Wed, Jun. 1, 8:09 AM
Tue, May 31, 5:30 PM
Tue, Feb. 23, 8:10 AM
- Comparable-store restaurant sales increased 0.6% at Cracker Barrel (NASDAQ:CBRL) in FQ2. The retail store comp was +2.6%.
- The restaurant chain realized a 3.4% increase in average check which helped to partially offset by a 2.8% reduction in traffic.
- Operating income margin fell 20 bps to 9.2% as rent and labor costs were held in check on a percentage of sales basis.
- Looking ahead, Cracker Barrel sees full year revenue of $2.90B-$2.95B vs. $2.93B consensus and EPS of $7.40 to $7.50 vs. $7.39 consensus.
- Previously: Cracker Barrel EPS in-line, misses on revenue (Feb. 23 2016)
- CBRL +0.17% premarket to $141.50.
Tue, Feb. 23, 8:03 AM
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:30 PM
Nov. 24, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Cracker Barrel (NASDAQ:CBRL): FQ1 EPS of $1.70 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $702.63M (+2.8% Y/Y) misses by $2.06M.
Nov. 23, 2015, 5:30 PM
Sep. 16, 2015, 8:21 AM
- Cracker Barrel (NASDAQ:CBRL) reports comparable-store sales increased 3.8% in FQ4.
- Comparable-store traffic was up 0.8% during the quarter, while the average guest check rose 3.0%.
- Operating income rate +140 bps to 10.1% on lower cost of goods sold and tight labor expense growth.
- Guidance: The company expects FY16 revenue of $2.90B-$2.95B vs. $2.95B consensus and EPS of $7.15-$7.30 vs. $7.22 consensus.
- Previously: Cracker Barrel beats by $0.11, misses on revenue
- CBRL +0.70% premarket to $152.05.
Sep. 16, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Cracker Barrel (NASDAQ:CBRL): FQ4 EPS of $1.97 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $719.2M (+3.8% Y/Y) misses by $5.1M.
Sep. 15, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 2, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Cracker Barrel (NASDAQ:CBRL): FQ3 EPS of $1.49 beats by $0.12.
- Revenue of $683.7M (+6.3% Y/Y) beats by $3.65M.
- Shares +0.9% PM.
Jun. 1, 2015, 5:30 PM
Feb. 24, 2015, 10:26 AM
- Cracker Barrel ((NASDAQ:CBRL) +4.1%) trades higher after a strong Q4 earning report.
- The company saw restaurant comps improve 7.9% in Q4.
- Store comps were up 3.2%.
- Traffic in January accelerated to an 8.3% Y/Y improvement.
- Guidance: Cracker Barrel sees 2015 EPS of $6.40-$6.50 vs. $5.95-$6.10 prior and $6.12 consensus.
Feb. 24, 2015, 8:04 AM
- Cracker Barrel (NASDAQ:CBRL): Q4 EPS of $1.93 beats by $0.31.
- Revenue of $755.97M (+8.2% Y/Y) beats by $21.86M.
- Shares +2.01% PM.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. engages in the operation and development of restaurant and retail concepts. The company operates restaurants under the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store name. The company offers breakfast, lunch & dinner menu, kids menu, dessert menu, daily specials, meals... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR