Mike the PhD
Thu, Jul. 28, 2:02 PM
Mon, Mar. 14, 3:49 PM
- Cabot (CBT -2.9%) is downgraded to Neutral from Overweight with a $47 price target at J.P. Morgan after the stock has jumped 18% YTD, which the firm says probably is not related to any fundamental positive changes in CBT's business conditions.
- JPM says it is lowering its 2016 free cash flow estimate to $2.86/share from $3.30 to reflect reduced expectations for changes in working capital, given the recovery in Brent crude oil prices which is expected to lead to higher inventory values.
- The firm says it does not view CBT as overvalued, given that it is capable of generating a ~6% free cash flow yield in 2016, but higher free cash flow yields can be captured with shares of Minerals Technologies (MTX -0.1%) or Orion Engineered Carbons (OEC +1.1%).
- Earlier: Cabot names Keohane as new CEO after Provost steps down
Jun. 29, 2015, 3:58 PM
- Calgon Carbon (CCC -8.1%) is sharply lower after the Supreme Court ruled against the EPA's recent mercury emissions mandate, which sent coal stock prices soaring.
- CCC says that while the Court's decision is disappointing, mercury control regulations are in place in many states and Canada that already have established a sizable market; CCC says it continues to expect to increase its activated carbon mercury removal market revenues by ~50% this year.
- Specialty chemical companies Albemarle (ALB -4.9%) and Cabot (CBT -6.6%), which also may have benefited from increased sales of bromine and activated carbon used to reduce mercury, fell sharply.
- Also posting big losses: ADES -9.6%, GTLS -5.4%, LDL -5.1%, ESE -2.7%, ECL -2.4%, DHR -1.2%.
Jan. 28, 2015, 4:29 PM
- Cabot (NYSE:CBT): FQ1 EPS of $0.80 beats by $0.15.
- Revenue of $812M (-9.6% Y/Y) misses by $51.67M.
- Shares +1.5%.
Jun. 17, 2013, 2:41 PM
Cabot (CBT +2.9%) shares are up sharply after announcing earlier the purchase of the remaining 60% stake in its Mexican carbon black manufacturing joint venture from Grupo Kuo for $105M, a move CBT says will bolster its carbon black business in North America and globally. CBT has owned ~40% of the NHUMO joint venture since 1990. CBT expects ~$0.15/share earnings accretion in FY 2014 from the deal.| Jun. 17, 2013, 2:41 PM
Jan. 31, 2013, 11:23 AM
May 2, 2012, 3:59 PM
Cabot (CBT +4%) shares hit a 52-week high as FQ2 profit surged past expectations, and core earnings rose due to higher pricing for its primary product. Also, CBT received its first payment for the sale of a major business. The chemical and specialty materials company says it can meet its long-term financial targets of $4.50 adjusted EPS in 2014 with adjusted return on invested capital over 13%.| May 2, 2012, 3:59 PM
May 1, 2012, 6:28 PMCabot (CBT): FQ2 EPS of $0.96 beats by $0.17. Revenue of $844M (+14.2% Y/Y) beats by $39M. Shares +2.4% AH. (PR) | May 1, 2012, 6:28 PM