Caracal Energy IncOTCPK - Current
Apr. 14, 2014, 8:53 AM
- Glencore Xstrata (GLCNF, GLNCY) agrees to acquire Caracal Energy (CCAXF) for £5.50/share ($9.20/share, or ~$1.35B) in cash.
- Caracal terminates a previous proposal to merge with TransGlobe Energy (TGA).
- TGA says it received a $9.25M break-up fee from Caracal and plans to reintroduce its previously announced dividend.
- Glencore acquired a one-third interest in three oil fields in Chad from Caracal in 2012, and “this transaction deepens our relationship, adding further value and expertise to our growing oil business in Africa," says Alex Beard, head of Glencore’s oil division.
Mar. 17, 2014, 8:42 AM
- TransGlobe Energy (TGA) and Caracal Energy (CCAXF) agree to merge through an exchange of shares, creating a $1.8B venture focused on oil production in Africa with improved finances and bigger growth potential.
- Caracal shareholders are expected to hold ~65.6% of the new company, with the reaminder held by former TGA shareholders.
- TGA +4.5% premarket.