What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Feb. 18, 2015, 2:25 PM
- Ball Corp. (BLL +2.4%) is close to a deal to purchase U.K. rival Rexam and could be announced as early as this week, WSJ reports, in a move that would create the world’s largest beverage can maker.
- The companies said earlier this month they were negotiating a cash-and-share offer that would value Rexam at ~£4B ($6.2B), but some analysts pointed to regulatory concerns as an impediment to a deal.
- A combination would leave its nearest rival, Crown Holdings (CCK +3.1%), trailing with 19% market share.
Feb. 5, 2015, 8:37 AM
- Ball Corp. (NYSE:BLL) +4% premarket after confirming it is in talks about buying U.K.-based rival Rexam, a move that would combine two of the world’s biggest can makers.
- Rexam says the two companies are discussing a possible share and cash offer worth ~610 pence/share, which would value it at more than £4B ($6B).
- Rexam and Ball, together with Crown Holdings (NYSE:CCK), account for more than 60% of global beverage can volumes, and nearly 90% in Europe, North and South America.
- Earlier: Ball misses by $0.01, beats on revenue
Oct. 16, 2014, 5:39 PM
- Crown Holdings (NYSE:CCK) entered into an agreement to acquire EMPAQUE (Mexican beverage packaging) from Heineken N.V. (OTCQX:HEINY)
- Segment Revenue - Americas Beverage $570M vs. $583M last year; North America Food $236 vs. 249M; European Beverage $474M vs. 481M; European Food $787M vs. 543M.
- Free Cash Flow $91M vs. $70M.
- Q3 earnings
- Conference Call at 9 am ET tomorrow
Sep. 1, 2014, 3:30 AM
Nov. 21, 2013, 3:36 PM
Oct. 31, 2013, 8:52 AM
- Crown Holdings (CCK) adds to its business, buying Spanish food-can maker Mivisa Envases from a group including Blackstone (BX) in a deal valued at $1.64B.
- Mivisa is Spain's largest food-can producer and had sales of €555M and EBITDA of €133M in the year ended June 30. The deal has committed financing and is expected to close next year, subject to European regulators.
- CC at 10 ET.
Crown Holdings Inc is engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. The Company's primary products include steel & aluminum cans for food, beverage, household and other consumer products and metal vacuum closures.
Other News & PR