What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Feb. 18, 2015, 2:25 PM
- Ball Corp. (BLL +2.4%) is close to a deal to purchase U.K. rival Rexam and could be announced as early as this week, WSJ reports, in a move that would create the world’s largest beverage can maker.
- The companies said earlier this month they were negotiating a cash-and-share offer that would value Rexam at ~£4B ($6.2B), but some analysts pointed to regulatory concerns as an impediment to a deal.
- A combination would leave its nearest rival, Crown Holdings (CCK +3.1%), trailing with 19% market share.
Feb. 5, 2015, 8:37 AM
- Ball Corp. (NYSE:BLL) +4% premarket after confirming it is in talks about buying U.K.-based rival Rexam, a move that would combine two of the world’s biggest can makers.
- Rexam says the two companies are discussing a possible share and cash offer worth ~610 pence/share, which would value it at more than £4B ($6B).
- Rexam and Ball, together with Crown Holdings (NYSE:CCK), account for more than 60% of global beverage can volumes, and nearly 90% in Europe, North and South America.
- Earlier: Ball misses by $0.01, beats on revenue
Sep. 24, 2013, 4:32 PM
- Crown Holdings (CCK) -4.6% AH after issuing downside Q3 guidance, lowering expected EPS to $1.05-$1.10 from $1.15-$1.25 vs. $1.21 analyst consensus.
- The revised outlook reflects lower than expected end-user demand in certain of CCK's markets, including European food cans and North American beverage cans.
- CCK expects to record an after-tax restructuring charge of ~$32M, or $0.21/share, in Q3, reflecting headcount reduction across its European operations.
Apr. 17, 2013, 5:45 PM
Apr. 17, 2013, 5:07 PMCrown Holdings (CCK): Q1 EPS of $0.5 beats by $0.01. Revenue of $1.97B misses by $0.05B. Shares -3.7% AH. (PR) | Apr. 17, 2013, 5:07 PM
Dec. 14, 2011, 1:16 PM
Oct. 19, 2011, 10:27 AM
Crown Holdings Inc is engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. The Company's primary products include steel & aluminum cans for food, beverage, household and other consumer products and metal vacuum closures.
Other News & PR