Mon, Jun. 6, 5:09 AM
- Global alcohol makers are bracing for a potentially precedent-setting court decision in Scotland over whether the country will become the first to implement a floor on alcohol prices - a move the industry feels could unleash an international wave of regulation.
- After years of the case bouncing around the legal system, the Court of Session will hold a hearing on minimum unit pricing tomorrow and is expected to make a decision by August.
- Related tickers: BUD, DEO, ABEV, SAM, BORN, CCU, STZ, TAP, VCO, BF.A, BF.B
Thu, May 5, 10:47 AM
Thu, Feb. 4, 7:57 AM
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (NYSE:CCU): Q4 EPS of CLP 103.60.
- Revenue of CLP 451.95B (+14.2% Y/Y).
Nov. 5, 2015, 9:08 AM
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (NYSE:CCU): Q3 EPS of CLP 56.00
- Revenue of CLP 352.9B (+16.1% Y/Y).
Sep. 16, 2015, 11:01 AM
- A statement from Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +5%) indicates the company must make a formal offer for SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY +19.5%) before October 14 or take a pass on the mega-merger to stay in compliance with U.K. law.
- There's a ripple effect with beer stocks circling the globe that includes distributors such as Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU +3.1%), Fomento Economico Mexicano (FMX +1.8%), AmBev (ABEV +2.1%).
- Another intriguing aspect of a potential A-B takeover of SABMiller is the side effects on the food industry if 3G Capital is fully engaged on the deal. 3G is a major player in food mergers and a factor in how investors value companies such as Mondelez International (MDLZ +0.2%), PepsiCo (PEP +0.4%), TreeHouse Foods (THS +0.1%), Campbell Soup (CPB +1.9%), JM Smucker (SJM +1.1%), and other food names.
- A-B InBev statement (.pdf)
- Previously: AB InBev prepping offer for SABMiller
- Previously: Beer stock rally with M&A on tap
Dec. 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cia Cervecerias Unidas SA is a multi-category beverage company. It engages in beer, wine, soft drink, mineral water, nectars, pisco, and confectionary businesses in Chile. The company operates through three segments: Chile, Rio de la Plata and Wine. The Chile segment commercializes beers, non... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Beverages - Brewers