Coeur Mining, Inc.NYSE
Tue, Oct. 4, 9:24 AM
Mon, Oct. 3, 12:34 PM
- Freeport McMoRan (FCX -0.5%), Barrick Gold (ABX -2.5%) and Pan American Silver (PAAS -0.5%) are upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank, which notes the 12% Q3 rally in commodity prices have enabled the sector to improve their balance sheets via stock issuance, debt refinancing and asset disposals.
- The firm is neutral overall in the metals group, as it continues to believe that material supply cuts still are needed in most commodities and thus does not anticipate prices continuing their upward trend.
- Deutsche Bank says its top picks are ABX and Newmont Mining (NEM -3%) in precious metals, Steel Dynamics (STLD -2.4%) in steel, and Alcoa (AA -1.1%) and Kaiser Aluminum (KALU -1.8%) in aluminum; it upgrades AK Steel (AKS -0.7%), Coeur Mining (CDE -0.8%), Teck Resources (TCK -1.5%) and Goldcorp (GG -4.2%) to Hold from Sell.
Fri, Sep. 9, 9:08 AM
Tue, Aug. 30, 10:31 AM
- Coeur Mining (CDE +0.4%) is upgraded to Sector Perform from Sector Underperform with a $14.50 price target, raised from $9.50, at CIBC, citing its strengthened balance sheet.
- “The thesis for the Coeur Mining story has changed,” CIBC says, noting CDE's falling cost profile which could see all-in sustaining costs fall from US$16.09/oz. in 2016 to US$15.47 in 2017 and US$15.33 in 2018.
- Even as shares have climbed more than 450% YTD, the firm says CDE's multiples remain reasonable at 11.6x estimated 2017 price to cash flow and 9.6x for 2018, vs. peers at 12.9x and 12.8x, respectively.
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:33 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Tue, Jul. 19, 3:47 PM
- Newmont Mining (NEM -0.5%) is the only gold miner worthy of a Buy rating, according to Deutsche Bank analysts Jorge Beristain and Chris Terry, citing balance sheet flexibility, production growth and attractive valuation.
- In its Q2 earnings preview for the sector, the firm forecasts aggregate EBITDA among major precious metals miners to remain largely flat Q/Q at ~$2.5B as higher gold and silver prices were offset by ~3% lower production, particularly for Goldcorp (GG -1.8%).
- Beristain and Terry suggest avoiding GG, Franco-Nevada (FNV -0.3%) and Coeur Mining (CDE -2.8%), relative to the sector, but note that valuations generally are rising.
Fri, Jun. 24, 9:11 AM
- Gainers: AAU +20%. VGZ +18%. MUX +13%. AKG +12%. GPL +13%. GORO +12%. GFI +12%. EMES +12%. GOLD +12%. AU +12%. SBGL +11%. EXK +11%. KGC +10%. HMY +11%. SAND +10%. ABX +10%. EGO +9%. SA +7%. IAG +9%. AUY +9%. CDE 9%. NGD 9%. AEM 8%. NEM 8%. GG 8%. NG 8%. FSM 7%.
- Losers: LYG -27%. BCS -26%. SAN -24%. RBS -23%. AV -23%. BBVA -22%. DB -18%. ING -18%. BT -18%. VNR -11%. TEF -17%. CS -16%. PUK -15%. MT -15%. AEG -14%. RYAAY -13%. UBS -12%. FCAU -12%. GNCA -12%. NOK -12%. BBL -11%. IPI -11%. TOT -11%. ANFI -11%. MNKD -10%. BCEI -8%. VMEM -10%.
Fri, Jun. 3, 3:58 PM
- Gold miner stocks are skyrocketing, with the sector enjoying its best day in nearly seven years, as the disappointing May jobs report helped spark a strong rally in the yellow metal.
- The VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX +11.1%) surged more than 10% on heavy volume, and all 24 of the ETF’s U.S. equity components traded higher, with 10 of them enjoying double-digit percentage gains.
- In today's trade: ABX +12.9%, NEM +9.5%, GG +7.7%, AEM +11.1%, OTCPK:NCMGY +10.7%, KGC +15.4%, SLW +9%, FNV +9.1%, RGLD +9.4%, EGO +9.8%, GFI +13.7%, SBGL +8.2%, HMY +13%, IAG +16.4%, AU +14.4%, GOLD +8.6%, AUY +13.9%, NGD +9.6%, HL +12.1%, CDE +11.6%, TAHO +10.8%, NG +12.2%, AG +12.3%, PAAS +8.9%.
- ETFs: GDX, NUGT, GDXJ, GGN, DUST, SIL, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, SGDM, ASA, SLVP, RING, PSAU, SGDJ, TGLDX, GDXX, GDJJ, GDXS, GDJS
Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM| Fri, Jun. 3, 9:16 AM | 26 Comments
Thu, May 12, 7:19 PM
- BMO Capital becomes more bullish on precious metals, as it upgrades six gold and silver stocks including five to buy ratings.
- The 20% YTD rise in gold and silver prices should continue over the medium term, the firm says, lending to price targets of $1,400/oz. for gold and $22.50/oz. for silver by the end of Q1 2017.
- BMO upgrades Yamana Gold (NYSE:AUY), Silver Wheaton (NYSE:SLW), Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE), Pan American Silver (NASDAQ:PAAS) and Detour Gold (OTCPK:DRGDF) to Outperform from Market Perform, and hikes Oceana Gold (OTCPK:OCANF) to Market Perform from Underperform; price targets are $5.50 for AUY (raised from $1), $24 for SLW (jumping from $4.50), $11 for CDE (up from $3), and $19 for PAAS (from $7.50).
- However, the firm downgrades Agnico-Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM), Franco-Nevada (NYSE:FNV) and Fortuna Silver (NYSE:FSM) to Market Perform from Outperform, saying their stocks already have factored in higher gold and silver prices.
Wed, May 11, 9:12 AM
Fri, Apr. 29, 5:35 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 4:38 PM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE): Q1 EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.12.
- Revenue of $148.4M (-3.0% Y/Y) beats by $2.66M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEL, AF, ALGT, AMKR, AMP, ANIK, AR, ASGN, AVB, AVG, BCR, BGC, BKCC, BLKB, CACI, CAKE, CAVM, CBL, CDE, CGI, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNMD, CNO, CRY, CSGP, CVTI, DGI, DLB, DMRC, DRE, DTLK, DWRE, DXCM, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXTR, FB, FIX, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, FSLR, GG, HOLX, HTCH, HY, IBKC, INFN, IPHS, KEX, KIM, KRA, KRC, KS, LLNW, LOCK, LOGI, LQ, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MN, MSTR, MTGE, NE, NEU, NGD, NTGR, NVDQ, OIS, ORLY, OTEX, PEB, PPC, PRXL, PYPL, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, RCII, RGLD, RNG, ROIC, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SNDK, SPRT, SSS, STR, TAL, TER, TILE, TS, TTEK, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UHS, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WCN, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Thu, Apr. 21, 9:21 AM| Thu, Apr. 21, 9:21 AM