What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Apr. 24, 2015, 5:37 PM
Apr. 10, 2015, 8:59 AM
- Paramount Gold (NYSEMKT:PZG) +1.9% premarket after announcing it received approval from the NYSE to list its Paramount Gold Nevada spinco.
- PZG plans to spin off of Paramount Gold Nevada as a separate, publicly traded company in connection with its merger with Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE).
- Paramount Gold Nevada will have ~8.5M common shares issued and outstanding when trading is expected to begin on the NYSE MKT on April 20.
Apr. 8, 2015, 5:46 PM
- McEwen Mining (NYSE:MUX) fell 5.6% in today's trade after yesterday's news that 900 kg of gold-bearing concentrate containing 7K oz. of gold - ~$8.4M in potential revenue - was stolen from its refinery in Mexico's Sinaloa state.
- Armed robberies of significant quantities of gold are not common, but operators in northern Mexico have been targeted in the past as the region is associated with cartels and gangs.
- The robbery raises concerns about other companies with exposure in northern Mexico, which include AGI, AUQ, CDE, PPP and TGD; among those with operations nearby are GG, PAAS, GPL, OTCPK:FNLPF and OTCQX:SMNPF.
Feb. 19, 2015, 9:12 AM
Feb. 18, 2015, 5:25 PM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE): Q4 EPS of -$0.37 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $140.6M (-16.7% Y/Y) misses by $4.35M.
- Shares -1.15% AH.
Feb. 17, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACT, AMTG, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, AVG, AXLL, BGS, BJRI, CAR, CDE, CSLT, CVG, CW, CYNI, DENN, DTLK, ELNK, EOG, EQC, ETE, ETP, EXAM, FNF, HSTM, HT, IAG, IPI, KEG, KEYW, LHO, LOPE, MANT, MAR, MHLD, MIC, MRO, NVMI, OGS, OIS, PAAS, PCYC, PKD, REXX, RGP, SBRA, SCTY, SIX, SNPS, SSS, STR, SUN, SUNE, SXL, TERP, THRX, TILE, TRN, TS, UAM, WES, WGP, WMB, WPZ, XPO, YUME
Jan. 15, 2015, 9:16 AM
Jan. 15, 2015, 7:59 AM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE) +3.5% premarket after announcing Q4 production of 4.3M oz. of silver and 64.5K oz. of gold, and forecasting 2015 production of 14.8M-16M oz. of silver and 284K-313K oz. of gold., or 31.8M-34.8M silver equiv. oz., up to an 8% Y/Y increase.
- CDE says FY 2014 production totaled 17.2M silver oz., in-line with company guidance of 17M-18M oz., and nearly 250K gold oz., above guidance of 229K-244K oz.; full-year silver equiv. production totaled 32.2M oz., at the high end of CDE's guidance of 30.7M-32.7M oz.
Jan. 12, 2015, 6:35 PM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE) agrees to acquire the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota from Goldcorp (NYSE:GG) for $105M, which CDE says provides quality, immediate growth and adds a stable, established source of production and cash flow to its existing portfolio.
- CDE expects Wharf to produce 85K-90K oz. of gold in 2015 at an all-in sustaining cost of $800-$875/oz. and increase its 2015 EBITDA by more than 30%.
Jan. 5, 2015, 5:30 PM
- Early-year pain for stocks has meant gain for gold, as February gold rose 1.5% today to settle at $1,203.90/oz., its best level in three weeks, as concerns about political upheaval in Greece and falling crude prices sparked a flight from risky assets; silver added $0.46 to $16.23.
- Rising gold prices also lifted shares of miner stocks, sending the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) +2.6% while the Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDXJ) +4.3%.
- Gainers included IAG +7.4%, HL +3.1%, GOLD +2.4%, KGC +1.7%, NG +8.4%, EGO +4.7%, EXK +4.8%, RGLD +2.4%, CDE +2.6%, FNV +5.3%, SLW +1%, PAAS +3.3%, AG +6.1%, SVM +2.9%.
- Of course, two days of gains in 2015 hardly make up for two years of declines, and Barron’s Michael Kahn is among observers suggesting that investors wait for clearer signs of progress before making a move.
Dec. 29, 2014, 5:42 PM
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Dec. 17, 2014, 7:45 AM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE) agrees to acquire Paramount Gold and Silver (NYSEMKT:PZG) for $146M in stock, as it expands its mining footprint in Mexico.
- As part of the deal, PZG will spin off its non-Mexican assets into a stand-alone publicly listed company, of which CDE will own a 4.9% stake.
- PZG's San Miguel mining project neighbors CDE's Palmarejo silver-gold mine in northern Mexico, and the merger enables Palmarejo to continue as one of the largest and highest grade silver and gold mines in the world.
- PZG +21.8% premarket.
Dec. 15, 2014, 5:37 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 4:45 PM
- Gold futures surged 3.6% to reclaim the $1,200 level for the first time since late October, sparked in part by the downgrade of Japan’s sovereign debt rating and a retreat in the dollar, as well as India easing its import restrictions and some short covering.
- Gold had sold off initially amid news that Swiss voters rejected a referendum to force the Swiss National Bank to hold 20% of its reserves in gold, slumping to overnight lows near $1,140/oz. before rallying to settle at $1,218.
- As a result, gold miners were among the strongest sectors, with the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) finishing 7.7% higher; investors also may have reacted to takeover speculation, as weekend reports said Paramount Gold (NYSEMKT:PZG) was is in talks to be acquired by Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE).
- Among the top precious metals miners: ABX +4.3%, AEM +6.9%, AU +9.1%, GG +8.2%, GFI +9.2%, SLW +7.2%, NEM +6.8%, AGI +7.7%, IAG +11.3%, AUY +7.4%, KGC +8.5%, NGD +13.7%, GOLD +6.4%, RGLD +7%.
- Other ETFs: NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SLVP, RING, SGDM, PSAU
Dec. 1, 2014, 8:12 AM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE) is in advanced talks to acquire Paramount Gold and Silver (NYSEMKT:PZG), Reuters reports, as the biggest U.S. producer of silver seeks to expand its mining footprint in Mexico.
- As part of the deal, PZG plans to spin off its non-Mexican assets into a stand-alone publicly listed company, in which CDE would hold a 4.9% stake, according to the report.
- PZG's San Miguel mining project neighbors CDE's Palmarejo silver-gold mine in northern Mexico, and a deal would enable Palmarejo to continue as one of the largest and highest grade silver and gold mines in the world for at least another seven years.
- PZG +4.5% premarket, CDE -0.2%.
Other News & PR