What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Feb. 4, 9:19 AM
- Gainers: VHC +89%. GLUU +21%. OCLS +18%. WFT +12%. ATNY +11%. SEDG +11%. PETX +10%. SVA +9%. ING +9%. TTWO +8%. SBH +8%. GRUB +7%. VALE +7%. HMY +7%. CDNS +6%. CDE +6%. SBGL +6%. GSH +5%. AUY +5%. VIAB +5%. RIO 5%.
- Losers: PPP -16%. KSS -15%. GPRO -15%. IMPV -13%. CS -13%. PACB -13%. RL -9%. AZN -7%.
Fri, Jan. 22, 9:59 AM
- Alcoa (AA +2.6%) responds to a Moody's warning of a possible cut to its credit rating, saying Moody's view is largely a reflection of its perspective of aluminum pricing while the company actually is focusing on its plane and car parts business as well as its aluminum smelting and refining operations to help them succeed as independent companies.
- Alcoa says that while it continues to target an investment grade rating for its value-add company spinoff, the separation is not contingent upon the value-add company attaining an investment grade rating.
- Moody's placed Alcoa and other miners including Newmont Mining (NEM -0.5%), Rio Tinto (RIO +2.8%), Hecla Mining (HL +2.5%) and Coeur Mining (CDE +2.5%) on ratings watch, citing a slump in commodity prices due to oversupply and slowing growth in China.
Mon, Jan. 11, 9:56 AM
- Coeur d'Alene Mines (CDE -2.6%) reports FY 2015 production of 15.9M oz. of silver, at the high end of company guidance of 15.2M-16.1M oz., and nearly 328K oz. gold, in-line with company guidance of 309K-338K oz., or 35.6M silver equiv. oz., at the high-end of 33.7M-36.4M oz. guidance.
- CDE says Q4 production totaled 4M oz. of silver and ~91.5K oz. of gold, or 9.5M silver equiv. oz.
- CDE also says it expects to produce 14.6M-16M oz. of silver and 320K-347K oz. of gold, or 33.8M-36.8M silver equiv. oz. for FY 2016.
Dec. 28, 2015, 12:57 PM
- Much like oil/gas firms (hurt by fresh oil price declines), coal, gold, and silver miners are having a rough day. End-of-year tax and fund selling could be playing a role. Comex gold is down a moderate 0.6%, and Comex silver down 3.2%. The S&P is down 0.5%.
- Notable coal decliners: Peabody Energy (BTU -13.6%), Westmoreland Coal (WLB -6.4%), CONSOL Energy (CNX -9%), and Cloud Peak Energy (CLD -4%).
- Notable gold decliners: Goldcorp (GG -3.5%), Barrick Gold (ABX -3.1%), Newmont Mining (NEM -4%), Kinross Gold (KGC -3.8%), Gold Fields (GFI -6.7%), AngloGold Ashanti (AU -5%), Harmony Gold (HMY -6.5%), and Sibanye Gold (SBGL -4.2%).
- Notable silver decliners: Silver Wheaton (SLW -3.8%), Pan American Silver (PAAS -3.6%), First Majestic Silver (AG -6.9%), Tahoe Resources (TAHO -4.9%), and Coeur Mining (CDE -5.8%).
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, IAU, AGQ, PSLV, PHYS, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GTU, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, USV, GEUR, UBG, GYEN, TONS, QGLDX
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:27 PM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE): Q3 EPS of -$0.16 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $162.6M (-4.9% Y/Y) beats by $10.02M.
- Shares +1.8% AH.
Oct. 2, 2015, 5:37 PM
Aug. 12, 2015, 11:29 AM
- China’s currency devaluation is welcome news for gold stocks such as Newmont Mining (NEM +5.2%), Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM +8.1%), Coeur Mining (CDE +13.9%) and Gold Resource (GORO +2.5%), Sterne Agee CRT analysts say.
- China's move should help gold and silver prices through risk-off investor diversification and heightened investment attention, especially from Chinese investors looking to protect purchasing power, and fragile global economic growth prospects highlighted by China’s struggles could delay any meaningful U.S. rate increases, the firm says.
- With investor sentiment still skeptical, the supportive macro news flow could provide fuel for a rally in gold mining equities, the firm says, preferring Buy-rated NEM, AEM, CDE and GORO; Barrick Gold (ABX +3.9%) is rated Neutral.
Jul. 24, 2015, 5:40 PM
Jul. 9, 2015, 2:58 PM
- Coeur Mines (CDE -2.9%) is sharply lower after reporting preliminary Q2 production of 4.3M oz. of silver and 81K oz of gold, or 9.1M silver equiv. oz., and says its 2015 total silver and gold production guidance remains unchanged.
- In response, Roth Capital cuts its stock price target to $6 from $7.25 and reduces its estimates, stating that as a pure producer of precious metals, CDE is highly levered to gold and silver prices.
Apr. 24, 2015, 5:37 PM
Apr. 10, 2015, 8:59 AM
- Paramount Gold (NYSEMKT:PZG) +1.9% premarket after announcing it received approval from the NYSE to list its Paramount Gold Nevada spinco.
- PZG plans to spin off of Paramount Gold Nevada as a separate, publicly traded company in connection with its merger with Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE).
- Paramount Gold Nevada will have ~8.5M common shares issued and outstanding when trading is expected to begin on the NYSE MKT on April 20.
Feb. 19, 2015, 9:12 AM
Jan. 15, 2015, 9:16 AM
Dec. 29, 2014, 5:42 PM
Dec. 26, 2014, 3:34 PM
- Spurred by hopes China's efforts to relax lending rules are a sign that broader (inflation-boosting) stimulus efforts are on tap, gold and silver prices are rallying, and taking the shares of miners up with them. COMEX gold is up 1.8% to $1,194.50/oz., and COMEX silver is up 2.5% to $16.11/oz. GLD +1.7%. SLV +2.2%.
- Gold stocks: AUY +3%. GG +4.6%. AGI +4.1%. ABX +3.4%. KGC +3.7%. GFI +3.7%.
- Silver stocks: SLW +2.3%. SSRI +6.9%. PAAS +1.9%. AG +3.6%. CDE +4.1%. HL +4.2%. SVM +6.8%. EXK +5.4%. TAHO +5.3%.
- Like many other commodities names, the group was hit hard a month ago when crude prices plunged in response to OPEC's decision to leave oil production unchanged.
- ETFs: AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, OUNZ, DGL, DBS, DGZ, DGLD, AGOL, TBAR, USV, UBG, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, BARS, GGBP
Dec. 17, 2014, 7:45 AM
- Coeur Mining (NYSE:CDE) agrees to acquire Paramount Gold and Silver (NYSEMKT:PZG) for $146M in stock, as it expands its mining footprint in Mexico.
- As part of the deal, PZG will spin off its non-Mexican assets into a stand-alone publicly listed company, of which CDE will own a 4.9% stake.
- PZG's San Miguel mining project neighbors CDE's Palmarejo silver-gold mine in northern Mexico, and the merger enables Palmarejo to continue as one of the largest and highest grade silver and gold mines in the world.
- PZG +21.8% premarket.
Other News & PR