Why The Market Is Mispricing Cadence Design Systems
Trading the Spread • 13 Comments
Trading the Spread • 13 Comments
Apr. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
Feb. 5, 2015, 3:01 PM
- Though Cadence's (NASDAQ:CDNS) Q4 results were in-line, the EDA software giant is guiding for Q1 EPS of $0.20-$0.22 and 2015 EPS of $0.94-$1.06, below consensus estimates of $0.23 and $1.07. Revenue guidance is healthier: Q1 revenue of $405M-$415M and 2015 revenue of $1.68B-$1.72B vs. consensus estimates of $407.9M and $1.7B.
- On its CC (transcript), Cadence guided for 2015 bookings to rise 5%-9% to $1.87B-$1.93B (spells a positive book-to-bill). It suggested investments in R&D and customer support needed to win/maintain new deals with major customers was partly responsible for the light profit outlook. The guidance comes even though Cadence's tax rate is expected to fall 3% in 2015 to 23%.
- Q4 results, PR
Feb. 4, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ:CDNS): Q4 EPS of $0.27 in-line.
- Revenue of $423.09M (+12.3% Y/Y) in-line.
Feb. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACXM, ADEP, AFFX, AFOP, ALL, APU, ATML, AWH, BDN, BGC, BKD, BMR, CATM, CBG, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CLW, CMRE, CNW, DATA, ENS, EPM, ESS, EXAR, FBHS, FEIC, FMC, FORM, FOXA, G, GEOS, GIL, GLUU, GMCR, GPRE, HI, HUBG, ININ, IRBT, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, NE, NXPI, ORLY, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PMT, PNNT, PRE, PRU, PSEC, QUIK, RE, RRTS, RXN, SPB, SU, SYA, THG, TTMI, TWO, TYL, UA, UGI, UHAL, WFT, WGL, WSTL, YUM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:34 PM
- Cadence (NASDAQ:CDNS) expects Q4 revenue of $417M-$427M and EPS of $0.26-$0.28, below a consensus of $427.4M and $0.29.
- Q3 product/maintenance revenue +10% Y/Y to $374.1M; services revenue +9% to $400.5M.
- Excluding restructuring charges, opex rose 5% Y/Y to $346.4M. R&D spend +8% to $148.7M, and equal to 37% of revenue.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 20, 2014, 4:07 PM
- Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ:CDNS): Q3 EPS of $0.26 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $400.49M (+9.2% Y/Y) beats by $4.29M.
- Shares -0.16% AH.
Oct. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:57 PM
- Cadence (NASDAQ:CDNS) expects FQ3 revenue of $390M-$400M and EPS of $0.23-$0.25 vs. a consensus of $394.7M and $0.26.
- A new $300M buyback program has been launched. The program is good for repurchasing 6% of shares at current levels, and replaces a program that authorized $100M worth of buybacks between FY14 and FY15. Cadence expects to spend $37.5M per quarter via its new plan.
- Product/maintenance revenue +5% Y/Y to $354.5M. Services revenue -1% to $24.3M. GAAP costs/expenses +8% to $343.3M.
- FQ3 results, PR
Jul. 21, 2014, 4:11 PM
- Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ:CDNS): Q2 EPS of $0.21 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $378.7M (+4.5% Y/Y) beats by $2.77M.
- Shares -1.5%.
Jul. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 21, 2014, 4:15 PM
- Cadence Design Systems (CDNS): Q1 EPS of $0.20 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $379M (+7.0% Y/Y) beats by $2.2M.
Apr. 21, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 29, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (CDNS): Q4 EPS of $0.23 in-line.
- Revenue of $377M (+9.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.38M.
- Shares -11.2%.
Jan. 29, 2014, 12:10 AM| Jan. 29, 2014, 12:10 AM | 5 Comments
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. designs and develops integrated circuits and electronic devices. Its products include Electronic Design Automation, software, emulation hardware, and two categories of intellectual property, commonly referred to as verification IP, and design IP. The company provides... More
Industry: Technical & System Software
Country: United States
Other News & PR