What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Thu, Feb. 4, 9:19 AM
- Gainers: VHC +89%. GLUU +21%. OCLS +18%. WFT +12%. ATNY +11%. SEDG +11%. PETX +10%. SVA +9%. ING +9%. TTWO +8%. SBH +8%. GRUB +7%. VALE +7%. HMY +7%. CDNS +6%. CDE +6%. SBGL +6%. GSH +5%. AUY +5%. VIAB +5%. RIO 5%.
- Losers: PPP -16%. KSS -15%. GPRO -15%. IMPV -13%. CS -13%. PACB -13%. RL -9%. AZN -7%.
Wed, Feb. 3, 4:07 PM
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAV, ALL, AVB, AWH, BDN, BRKS, BWLD, BXP, CACI, CBL, CCK, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CPST, DHT, ENH, EPM, EXAR, FBHS, GEOS, GLUU, GPRO, HIVE, HUBG, ICUI, IMPV, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MCHP, MDU, MET, MNR, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, NE, NXPI, OSUR, PACB, PCL, PMT, PNNT, RE, RGLD, RRTS, SFLY, SPSC, TIS, TMK, TTWO, TWO, UHAL, WFT, WSTL, XL, YUM
Nov. 19, 2015, 5:41 PM
- In addition to missing FQ3 estimates, Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ:MENT) has guided for FQ4 revenue of $336M and EPS of $0.47, well below a consensus of $439.3M and $0.97.
- Notably, the EDA hardware/software vendor states the chip industry's massive M&A wave is "having an adverse impact on our ability to close business," as are delays in buying decisions for Mentor's Veloce emulation systems.
- System/software revenue fell 5% Y/Y in FQ3 to $168.7M, while service/support revenue (more stable) rose 6% to $121.8M. Non-GAAP operating expenses rose 3% Y/Y to $201.4M.
- Mentor has plunged to $21.49 after hours. EDA peers are also lower: Cadence (NASDAQ:CDNS) is down 7.7% to $21.35, and Synopsys (NASDAQ:SNPS) is down 2.6% to $51.17.
- Mentor's FQ3 miss, PR
Oct. 26, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ:CDNS): Q3 EPS of $0.28 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $433.76M (+8.3% Y/Y) beats by $4.45M.
Oct. 25, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jul. 27, 2015, 4:30 PM
- Cadence (NASDAQ:CDNS) has used its Q2 report to announce a $1.2B buyback program that replaces an existing $450M program. The EDA software vendor expects to use up its new program within 6 quarters.
- The $1.2B buyback is good for repurchasing over 1/5 of shares at current levels. Cadence plans to use a mixture of existing cash, future cash flows, and debt to pay for it. The company had $744M in cash/short-term investments as of July 4, and $349M in debt. $93.1M was spent on buybacks in 1H15.
- Q3 guidance is for revenue of $423M-$433M and EPS of $0.25-$0.27, in-line with a consensus of $429.8M and $0.26. 2015 guidance is for revenue of $1.685B-$1.715B and EPS of $1.00-$1.06, in-line with a consensus of $1.7B and $1.02.
- CDNS +0.9% AH to $19.16.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 27, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ:CDNS): Q2 EPS of $0.27 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $415.88M (+9.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.48M.
Jul. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jun. 9, 2015, 7:11 PM
- At its annual meeting, TSMC (NYSE:TSM) set a dividend of NT$4.50 per common share for its 2014 operations, up from NT$3.00 a year ago. With each ADS equal to 5 common shares, the payout is equal to NT$22.50 ($0.72) per ADS. That spells a 3.2% yield at current levels.
- Chairman Morris Chang stated the world's biggest foundry is aiming for 10%+ 2015 sales growth; an 8-analyst consensus is currently at 8.5%. He also claimed TSMC (aided by Apple A8 CPU orders) grew its global foundry share to 54% in 2014. Samsung/Globalfoundries' 14nm process ramp, and the 14nm orders reportedly secured from Apple and Qualcomm, are expected to impact TSMC's 2015 share.
- Separately, TSMC has launched partnerships with EDA software firm Cadence (NASDAQ:CDNS) and GPU core developer Imagination (OTCPK:IGNMF) to create IP that can be used by TSMC clients to develop IoT-optimized chips.
- Cadence and TSMC are showing off an IoT "IP subsystem" that relies on Cadence DSP cores and chip/sensor interfaces, and work with a 55nm low-power TSMC process. TSMC and Imagination are working on IP subsystems for both high-end and low-end sensors; they feature Imagination CPU/GPU cores, memory, and connectivity and sensor IP.
Apr. 27, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ:CDNS): Q1 EPS of $0.23 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $411.36M (+8.7% Y/Y) beats by $2.28M.
Apr. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
Feb. 5, 2015, 3:01 PM
- Though Cadence's (NASDAQ:CDNS) Q4 results were in-line, the EDA software giant is guiding for Q1 EPS of $0.20-$0.22 and 2015 EPS of $0.94-$1.06, below consensus estimates of $0.23 and $1.07. Revenue guidance is healthier: Q1 revenue of $405M-$415M and 2015 revenue of $1.68B-$1.72B vs. consensus estimates of $407.9M and $1.7B.
- On its CC (transcript), Cadence guided for 2015 bookings to rise 5%-9% to $1.87B-$1.93B (spells a positive book-to-bill). It suggested investments in R&D and customer support needed to win/maintain new deals with major customers was partly responsible for the light profit outlook. The guidance comes even though Cadence's tax rate is expected to fall 3% in 2015 to 23%.
- Q4 results, PR
Feb. 4, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ:CDNS): Q4 EPS of $0.27 in-line.
- Revenue of $423.09M (+12.3% Y/Y) in-line.
Feb. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACXM, ADEP, AFFX, AFOP, ALL, APU, ATML, AWH, BDN, BGC, BKD, BMR, CATM, CBG, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CLW, CMRE, CNW, DATA, ENS, EPM, ESS, EXAR, FBHS, FEIC, FMC, FORM, FOXA, G, GEOS, GIL, GLUU, GMCR, GPRE, HI, HUBG, ININ, IRBT, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, NE, NXPI, ORLY, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PMT, PNNT, PRE, PRU, PSEC, QUIK, RE, RRTS, RXN, SPB, SU, SYA, THG, TTMI, TWO, TYL, UA, UGI, UHAL, WFT, WGL, WSTL, YUM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:34 PM
- Cadence (NASDAQ:CDNS) expects Q4 revenue of $417M-$427M and EPS of $0.26-$0.28, below a consensus of $427.4M and $0.29.
- Q3 product/maintenance revenue +10% Y/Y to $374.1M; services revenue +9% to $400.5M.
- Excluding restructuring charges, opex rose 5% Y/Y to $346.4M. R&D spend +8% to $148.7M, and equal to 37% of revenue.
- Q3 results, PR
Cadence Design Systems Inc develops system design enablement solutions. The Company's solution is uses to design whole electronics systems and increasingly small and complex integrated circuits, or ICs, and electronic devices.
Other News & PR