Thu, Feb. 5, 3:01 PM
- Though Cadence's (NASDAQ:CDNS) Q4 results were in-line, the EDA software giant is guiding for Q1 EPS of $0.20-$0.22 and 2015 EPS of $0.94-$1.06, below consensus estimates of $0.23 and $1.07. Revenue guidance is healthier: Q1 revenue of $405M-$415M and 2015 revenue of $1.68B-$1.72B vs. consensus estimates of $407.9M and $1.7B.
- On its CC (transcript), Cadence guided for 2015 bookings to rise 5%-9% to $1.87B-$1.93B (spells a positive book-to-bill). It suggested investments in R&D and customer support needed to win/maintain new deals with major customers was partly responsible for the light profit outlook. The guidance comes even though Cadence's tax rate is expected to fall 3% in 2015 to 23%.
- Q4 results, PR
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:08 PM
Tue, Feb. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACXM, ADEP, AFFX, AFOP, ALL, APU, ATML, AWH, BDN, BGC, BKD, BMR, CATM, CBG, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CLW, CMRE, CNW, DATA, ENS, EPM, ESS, EXAR, FBHS, FEIC, FMC, FORM, FOXA, G, GEOS, GIL, GLUU, GMCR, GPRE, HI, HUBG, ININ, IRBT, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, NE, NXPI, ORLY, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PMT, PNNT, PRE, PRU, PSEC, QUIK, RE, RRTS, RXN, SPB, SU, SYA, THG, TTMI, TWO, TYL, UA, UGI, UHAL, WFT, WGL, WSTL, YUM
Oct. 20, 2014, 5:34 PM
- Cadence (NASDAQ:CDNS) expects Q4 revenue of $417M-$427M and EPS of $0.26-$0.28, below a consensus of $427.4M and $0.29.
- Q3 product/maintenance revenue +10% Y/Y to $374.1M; services revenue +9% to $400.5M.
- Excluding restructuring charges, opex rose 5% Y/Y to $346.4M. R&D spend +8% to $148.7M, and equal to 37% of revenue.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 20, 2014, 4:07 PM| Comment!
Oct. 19, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:57 PM
- Cadence (NASDAQ:CDNS) expects FQ3 revenue of $390M-$400M and EPS of $0.23-$0.25 vs. a consensus of $394.7M and $0.26.
- A new $300M buyback program has been launched. The program is good for repurchasing 6% of shares at current levels, and replaces a program that authorized $100M worth of buybacks between FY14 and FY15. Cadence expects to spend $37.5M per quarter via its new plan.
- Product/maintenance revenue +5% Y/Y to $354.5M. Services revenue -1% to $24.3M. GAAP costs/expenses +8% to $343.3M.
- FQ3 results, PR
Jul. 21, 2014, 4:11 PM| Comment!
Jul. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 21, 2014, 4:45 PM
- Along with its Q1 results, Cadence (CDNS) announces it's buying Jasper Design Automation, a provider of verification software tools to chipmakers, system developers, and IP providers, for $170M in cash ($140M exc. cash on hand).
- Cadence notes Jasper is a leader in the formal analysis segment of the verification tool market, and that many of the companies' joint customers are "increasingly adopting formal analysis to complement traditional verification methods, so as to better address the challenge of verifying increasingly complex and flexible IP designs and [SoCs]."
- The deal is expected to close in Q2, and will be paid for using both cash on hand and a credit facility. Cadence sees Jasper's technology complementing its System Development Suite. Jasper competes against Cadence archrival Synopsys (SNPS), which offers clients its Magellan formal analysis product.
- Cadence is guiding for Q2 revenue of $370M-$380M and EPS of $0.19-$0.21 vs. a consensus of $372.2M and $0.23. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $1.55B-$1.59B and EPS of $0.92-$1.02, in-line with. a consensus of $1.57B and $0.97.
Apr. 21, 2014, 4:15 PM| 1 Comment
Apr. 21, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 17, 2014, 9:43 AM
- VMware (VMW +2.2%) has been started at Buy by Monness Crespi.
- SAP (SAP +2.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- VeriSign (VRSN -8.8%) has been cut to Market Perform by Cowen. The downgrade comes as the NTIA announces it will relinquish control of the Internet's domain name management system to an international body. VeriSign insists the move won't affect its operation of the .com and .net registries.
- CommVault (CVLT +3.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Mizuho.
- RingCentral (RNG +4.5%) has been started at Outperform by William Blair.
- NetScout (NTCT +0.1%) has been cut to Neutral by D.A. Davidson.
- RPX (RPXC +3%) has been started at Outperform by Cowen.
- Cadence (CDNS +1.4%) has been started at Overweight by Piper.
Jan. 29, 2014, 4:16 PM| Comment!
Jan. 29, 2014, 12:10 AM| 5 Comments
CDNS vs. ETF Alternatives
Cadence Design Systems Incdevelops system design enablementsolutions. The Company's solution isuses to design whole electronics systems and increasingly small and complex integrated circuits, or ICs, and electronic devices.
Other News & PR