Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Aug. 18, 2014, 11:08 AM
- Shares of Career Education (CECO +8.8%) spike higher on heavy volume to reach their highest level since May.
- Other than some minor insider buying from a board member, there hasn't been any new from the company.
- SA contributor InvestAwayFromCrowd forecast the mini-run in Career Education with the firm's student enrollment trends improving.
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:21 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:19 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:09 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AES, AFSI, AINV, AMCX, ATHM, AUXL, BCE, BDBD, BPI, BR, CBB, CCOI, CECE, CECO, CNQ, CQB, CRIS, CTB, DUK, EAT, FUR, FWLT, GBDC, GDP, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HAR, HII, HIMX, HRC, HSC, HSNI, HZNP, ICE, IDCC, IRC, KERX, LAMR, LEAF, LG, LINE, LMIA, LNCE, LPI, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MFC, MMS, MNK, MONT, MPEL, MPW, MYL, NCT, NRF, NRG, NVO, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, OWW, PBH, PHMD, POZN, PRIM, QIWI, RDN, RGLD, RSTI, RTK, SABR, SATS, SFUN, SGM, SNI, SPH, SRE, SRPT, SSYS, SUNE, TDC, TGH, THS, TICC, TK, TPH, VNDA, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV, ZEUS
Jun. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 11:32 AM
- Education stocks are getting their knuckles rapped with Corinthian Colleges in financial distress.
- A harsh stance by the DOE toward Corinithian is a putting a fright into investors.
- Decliners: Career Education (CECO) -2.5%, ITT Educational Services (ESI) -2.6%, Strayer Education (STRA) -3.1%, DeVry Education (DV) -1.4%, Education Management (EDMC) -2.6%, Bridgepoint Education (BPI) -2.0%.
Jun. 11, 2014, 11:30 AM
May 22, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Dropping alongside Apollo Education Group on rumor of an Ackman short: ITT Education (ESI -24.1%), Strayer (STRA -4.2%), DeVry (DV -2.1%), Career Education (CECO -2.1%), Grand Canyon (LOPE -2.6%), American Public (APEI -2.8%), Education Management (EDMC -2.4%), Bridgepoint Education (BPI -2.4%), Lincoln Education (LINC -1.4%).
May 8, 2014, 12:48 PM
May 8, 2014, 8:11 AM
May 7, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AEE, AES, AGO, AMCX, AMED, AMRC, APA, APO, BBEP, BCRX, BDBD, BITA, BPI, CAJ, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDW, CECE, CECO, CRIS, CRNT, CSTE, CVC, DF, DISH, DNDN, FLY, FSYS, FUN, FXCM, GBDC, GLP, GOLD, GTN, GTXI, HCN, HII, HIMX, HSC, ICE, IRC, JASO, KEM, KERX, LIOX, LNCE, LPI, LPX, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MGA, MMS, MNK, MPEL, NICE, NPSP, NXST, NXTM, ONE, PCLN, PCP, PKD, POZN, PRFT, REGN, RGEN, RSTI, SKYW, SNI, SPH, SRPT, STE, SUNE, TDC, THS, VC, VITC, VNDA, VRX, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV.
Mar. 14, 2014, 4:33 AM
- The White House has proposed rules that could cut federal funding to higher-education training programs if the cohort default rate among graduates for their student loans exceeds 30% for three years in a row.
- Programs could also lose out if annual related debt payments surpass 20% of their discretionary income or 8% of their total income.
- The proposed regulations are tougher than similar rules that were struck down in court in 2011.
- The for-profit sector is unsurprisingly not happy with the rules.
- Related tickers: APOL, CECO, COCO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, EDMC, LINC.
Feb. 27, 2014, 1:47 PM
- "ITT Educational Services (ESI -2.2%) believes that the CFPB's complaint should never have been filed. The complaint overwhelmingly focuses on issues that are unrelated to consumer finance, and attempts to cast a negative light on aspects of ITT Tech's activities that are extensively regulated by other government agencies."
- The core of the CFPB's claims concern just six months of loans, but the bureau knows, says ITT, independent parties provided those loans and the programs ended years ago. "Significantly, ITT Tech did not make any money, in interest or fees, from those third-party programs, which were designed to help students during the recent economic downturn."
- "Much of the complaint relies on 'mystery shoppers,' a program that ITT Tech itself voluntarily uses to make sure its policies are being followed by its employees, and to help ensure that errors in implementation are caught and corrected."
- "The complaint is an aggressive attempt by the Bureau, recently created by the Dodd-Frank Act, to extend its jurisdiction into matters well beyond consumer finance. It is unjustified as a matter of law and mistaken as a matter of fact."
- That's the point, says Herb Greenberg. "It creates a roadmap ... other for profits should shudder."
- Press release
- Previous coverage of CFPB suit
- Other sector names: APOL, CECO, COCO, DV, STRA, LOPE, APEI, EDMC, LINC
Feb. 27, 2014, 12:48 PM
Career Education Corp provides online, on-ground and hybrid learning programs. It serves students from campuses throughout the USA, offering programs that lead to doctoral, master's, bachelor's & associate degrees, as well as to diplomas & certificates.
Other News & PR