5 Reasons We Are Long CECO Into Q2 Results
Class Is Back In Session - Career Education Corp. Offers Another Bite At The Contrarian Value Apple
BuyTheDip SellTheRip • 26 Comments
BuyTheDip SellTheRip • 26 Comments
Inside Career Education Corp: Not All For-Profits Are Alike
Mar. 4, 2015, 1:03 PM
- Career Education ((NASDAQ:CECO) +17.4%) skyrockets after reporting a better-than-anticipated bottom line for Q4.
- Total enrollment was down 2.8% to 41.4K during the quarter.
- The company cut its loss in the career colleges segment in half.
- Previously: Career Education reports Q4 results (Mar. 03 2015)
Mar. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 3, 2015, 5:36 PM
Mar. 3, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Career Education (NASDAQ:CECO): Q4 EPS of -$0.12 vs. -$1.23 in Q413
- Revenue of $174.2M (-12.6% Y/Y).
Mar. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
Feb. 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
Feb. 13, 2015, 10:16 AM
Feb. 9, 2015, 1:28 PM
- Some education stocks are getting a second look from investors today to partially reverse what's been a decline in the sector for 2015 amid enrollment and student loan concerns.
- The rally has been underpinned with decent volume.
- Gainers: Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) +4.2%, ITT Educational Services (NYSE:ITT) +1.5%, Education Management Corporation (NASDAQ:EDMC) +2.7%, Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO) +4.2%, DeVry Education (NYSE:DV) +2.1%.
Jan. 9, 2015, 3:03 AM
- President Obama has unveiled a proposal to make community college free for the first two years, with federal funding covering three-quarters of the cost and states that participate contributing the rest.
- "We have to make sure that everybody has the opportunity to constantly train themselves for better jobs, better wages, better benefits," announced Obama.
- The White House expects an estimated 9M students to participate in the program and save $3,800 a year on tuition.
- Education Stocks: CECO, STRA, COCO, ESI, ITT, BPI, LINC, DV, LOPE, APEI
- APOL -0.7%; EDMC -6.1% AH
Dec. 18, 2014, 4:14 PM
- Career Education (NASDAQ:CECO) announces it will sell its Le Cordon Bleu North America asset.
- The decision resulted from a broad strategic overview of the company.
Nov. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Gainers: PLNR +74%. PESI +24%. SWIR +20%. MEET +13%. RVLT +11%. COT +11%. DATA +11%. ACAS +10%. NDLS +9%. KATE +8%. KATE +8%. WFM +9%. HZNP +6%. CECO +6%. DRYS +5%. TRUE +5%.
- Losers: AEZS -51%. SZYM -47%. SNMX -26%. GNW -24%. WWWW -22%. CSOD -19%. PHMD -17%. GERN -14%. MCP -12%. GNRC -11%. WAC -9%. QCOM -7%. Z -7%. PBR -5%.
Nov. 6, 2014, 8:16 AM
- Career Education (NASDAQ:CECO): Q3 EPS of -$0.68 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $227.5M (-6.8% Y/Y) beats by $3.03M.
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Aug. 18, 2014, 11:08 AM
- Shares of Career Education (CECO +8.8%) spike higher on heavy volume to reach their highest level since May.
- Other than some minor insider buying from a board member, there hasn't been any new from the company.
- SA contributor InvestAwayFromCrowd forecast the mini-run in Career Education with the firm's student enrollment trends improving.
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:21 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Career Education (NASDAQ:CECO) reports student enrollment fell 4.8% Y/Y to 49K in Q2.
- New student enrollments were up 2.3% for the quarter.
- The company showed a narrower loss than a year ago as operating expenses were cut. The operating margin came in at -10.9%.
Career Education Corp. engages in the provision of educational services. It operates through the following segments: Colorado Technical University (CTU), American InterContinental University (AIU), Career Colleges, Culinary Arts, Transitional Schools, and Corporate and Other. The CTU segment... More
Industry: Education & Training Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR