There are no Transcripts on CEMB.
Tue, Jul. 1, 3:45 AM
- Emerging market bond sales have soared past analyst estimates for the first half of 2014, as investors flock to higher yields. $268B of bonds sold so far this year, compared to the $240B sold in the same period of 2013.
- Due to a dovish Fed, U.S. yields have fallen this year to 2.5% from end-2013 levels of 3%. As a result, increased demand for higher yield has investors trading emerging market bonds despite geo-political risks.
- ETFs: EMB, PCY, ELD, EMLC, EMCB, VWOB, EMCD, HYEM, EMHY, LEMB, EMAG, CEMB, EBND, PFEM, EMSH, SEMF, IEMF, LEMF
Sun, May. 11, 5:47 AM
- Delek Drilling (DKDRF) and Avner Oil (AVOGF) have raised $2B in international bonds that the companies will use to finance the development of the massive Leviathan natural-gas field off the coast of Israel.
- The offering attracted demand of $13.5B and was over-subscribed by 650%.
- Avner and Delek Drilling, which are subsidiaries of Delek Group (DGRLY), hold a combined 45.34% in Leviathon, while Noble Energy (NBL) owns a stake of 39.66% and is the field's operator. Ratio Oil (RTEXF) holds the remaining 15%; Australia's Woodside Petroleum (WOPEF) has agreed to buy 30% from the partners.
- ETFs: GHYG, IBND, PICB, CEMB, GLCB
Mon, Mar. 3, 4:32 PM
- Eyeing better growth and sustained low interest rates, Moody's projects the global default rate to drop to 2.2% this year or 61 companies globally, from 2.9% or 66 companies in 2012.
- "Additional factors that support our view of a low default rate in 2014 are the continuous accommodative monetary environment together with ample liquidity, which has and will continue to allow distressed companies to access the capital market and reduce refinancing risk in the near future."
- For perspective, the average default rate since 1983 is 4.7%. It is indeed a golden age for corporate borrowers.
- Related ETFs: LQD, VCSH, VCIT, CORP, VCLT, CSJ, EMCB, CIU, CFT, EMCD, SCPB, LWC, GHYG, CLY, IBND, ITR, CEMB, PICB, QLTA, GLCB, IGHG, SLQD, PFIG, IGS, CBND, IGU, QLTB
Feb. 6, 2013, 3:58 AMSoftbank (SFTBF.PK) reportedly intends to issue $3.2B worth of four-year bonds to help finance its acquisition of a 70% stake in Sprint (S) for $20.1B. "Softbank is well-known and popular among individuals," says analyst Mana Nakazora. "There isn’t concern about the bonds remaining unsold." | Comment!
Feb. 5, 2013, 2:02 AMUBS (UBS) offers to buy back 5B francs ($5.5B) in senior debt after the massive downsizing of its investment bank cut its liquidity and funding requirements. While the move will "lower interest expense in the future," UBS says it could also bring "significant" Q1 own credit charges due to a possible tightening of its credit spreads. (Q4 earnings) (PR) | Comment!
Jan. 31, 2013, 2:50 PMWisdomTree rolls out its Global Corporate Bond ETF (GLCB), an actively-managed ETF blending developed and emerging market corporate debt. There are global corporate bond funds, there are emerging corporate bond funds, but there are none combining the two and adding in active management. Competitors: GHYG, CEMB. | Comment!
Nov. 1, 2012, 3:34 PMYield-starved investors are moving assets into emerging-market corporate debt ETFs, and the industry responds by upping the number of products offered to 10 from just 3 at the end of 2011. There's still plenty of room for growth - in total, such ETFs (a selection here) have about $1B AUM with the size of the EM corporate debt market at $776B. The largest U.S. corporate debt ETF, LQD alone has about $25B AUM. | Comment!
Aug. 13, 2012, 12:15 PMEmerging debt remains remains frothy despite growing economic headwinds, writes Mike Riddell, noting an issue of long-term Peruvian debt last week hit a yield spread to Treasurys of just 109 bps. Given the bid-ask on this illiquid paper is 100 bps, it is pricing in almost no credit risk. It's pre-2008 territory. "Bubbletastic." | 1 Comment
Jun. 12, 2012, 3:58 AM
Jun. 7, 2012, 2:36 PM
May. 10, 2012, 3:18 PMA new asset class - emerging market corporate debt (as opposed to sovereign) - is in the process of working its way into portfolios. "If we own corporate bonds and Treasury(s) in our fixed asset allocations here ... why not do the same abroad," says Josh Brown. Among the ETF offerings launched this year: EMCB, EMHY, HYEM, CEMB. | 1 Comment
CEMB vs. ETF Alternatives
The iShares Emerging Markets Corporate Bond Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the Morningstar Emerging Markets Corporate Bond Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: A Guide to International and Emerging Market Government Bond ETFs
- Asset Class Performance: Emerging Markets, Bonds
Other News & PR