Mon, Jan. 5, 9:10 AM
Mon, Jan. 5, 6:47 AM
- Cempra (NASDAQ:CEMP) is up 24% premarket on average volume in response to its announcement of positive clinical trial results for its lead product, solithromycin.
- Previously: Cempra antibiotic on par with moxifloxacin in clinical trial (Jan. 4)
Dec. 31, 2014, 5:50 PM
Dec. 9, 2014, 1:20 PM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Achaogen (AKAO +23.6%) jumps on 6x surge in volume albeit on turnover of only 210K. Micro cap Cempra (CEMP +10.8%) jumps on a 2x surge in volume.
- Both companies are mentioned in a report by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analysts. They say both firms represent attractive acquisition targets in light of Merck's takeout of Cubist.
- Achaogen is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical firm developing antibacterials for multi-drug resistant Gram-negative infections. Its lead product is Plazomicin, currently in Phase 3 development.
- Cempra is also a clinical-stage firm developing antibiotics. Its lead product is solithromycin, currently in Phase 3 development for the treatment of bacterial pneumonia.
Aug. 11, 2014, 5:38 PM
Dec. 17, 2013, 9:55 AM
- Jefferies is out reiterating a Buy rating on Cempra (CEMP -9.4%) on the heels of Monday night's solithromycin and Taksta update.
- The company notes that it has initiated a Phase 3 study of Solitaire-IV in CABP and says it expects a top-line read-out from Phase 3 Solitaire-Oral in "mid-2014." (PR)
- Analyst Eun Yang says a "potential commercial partnership for solithromycin is likely after [the] first Phase 3 data in CABP" an event he expects will "offer meaningful upside from current levels."
- Price target raised to $16 from $14.
Jun. 14, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jun. 14, 2013, 9:19 AMPremarket gainers: RH +13%. PXLW +11%. GRPN +8%. SCTY +8%. SYRG +6%. INVN +6%. ACAD +6%. SWHC +5%.
Losers: CEMP -14%. AMSC -9%. HIMX -7%. CLSN -5%. | Comment!
Jun. 14, 2013, 8:33 AM
May 30, 2013, 12:24 PMCempra (CEMP +3.2%) moves up today after saying earlier that the USPTO issued a patent on May 28 relating to the company's loading dose regimen for Taksta, which will provide protection until 2029. The drug is currently undergoing a Phase 2 clinical study in patients with prosthetic joint infections, with the loading dose regimen designed so that the drug would rapidly reach therapeutic blood levels and minimize the risk of drug resistance. | Comment!
May 28, 2013, 9:31 AMCempra (CEMP +3.6%) rises after getting a five year contract worth up to $58M to develop its lead product candidate solithromycin (an antibiotic under development for the treatment of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia) for use in pediatrics and as a defense against bioterrorism. (PR) | Comment!
Oct. 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
CEMP vs. ETF Alternatives
Cempra Inc is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company. It develops antibiotics for acute care & community settings to meet critical medical needs in treatment of bacterial infectious diseases, respiratory tract & chronic staphylococcal infections.
Other News & PR