5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on CENJF.
There are no News articles on CENJF.
CENJF vs. ETF Alternatives
Tuesday, Nov 192013, 3:02 AM
Tuesday, Nov 192013, 3:02 AM| Comment!
- Cepsa has agreed to buy Houston-based Coastal Energy (CENJF) for C$2.3B ($2.21B) including debt in a deal that will expand the Spanish oil company's exploration and production capabilities in Southeast Asia.
- Cepsa is creating a new entity for the deal, with Strategic Resources Global an investor in the vehicle.
- Cepsa, which is owned by Abu Dhabi's International Petroleum Investment Co, will pay C$19 per share, or a premium of 28% to Coastal Energy's closing price yesterday in Toronto yesterday. (PR)
Monday, Sep 162013, 6:25 PM
Monday, Sep 162013, 6:25 PM| Comment!
- Coastal Energy (CENJF.PK) has received a $2.3B takeover offer from Strategic Resources Ltd., a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based PE firm Jynwel Capital, and Spain's CEPSA, Financial Post reports.
- The offer is believed to equal $20/share, which would represent a premium of nearly 20%, but takeover interest last year from Indonesia's Pertamina fell through because of a disagreement over the price.
Tuesday, Jun 42013, 11:58 AMGoldman Sachs upgrades a batch of smaller European energy companies to Buy - including Coastal Energy (CENJF.PK), Gulf Keystone Petroleum (GUKYF.PK) and Heritage Oil (HGOCF.PK) - after underperforming larger peers in the past two years due to falling spot oil prices. The difference between their value and long-dated oil prices is the widest since 2009, “wide enough to offer compelling valuations," the firm says. |Tuesday, Jun 42013, 11:58 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Nov 82012, 2:58 PMCoastal Energy (CENJF.PK +5.4%) is enticing traders with the prospect of the energy industry’s next bidding war, Bloomberg reports. Indonesian oil producer PT Pertamina reportedly sent a takeover proposal to major Coastal shareholders. Since Coastal operates mostly in the Gulf of Thailand, that nation’s state-controlled PTT could consider an offer. |Thursday, Nov 82012, 2:58 PM| 1 Comment